Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Thought I seen this morning the embargo lifted at 8am EST which would be 1pm here. We'll soon see sure

Also seen that Metro already posted a review of the PS5 and Miles Morales which seems a bit odd given everyone else is waiting. They've been up a while too and not taken down yet.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/11/06/ps5-console-review-a-positive-start-to-a-new-generation-13545856/

https://metro.co.uk/2020/11/06/spider-man-miles-morales-ps5-review-pretty-spectacular-13545488/

Edit: Seems like the MM review is down. They gave it 8/10.

Spider-Man: Miles Morales PS5 review summary In Short: A far better advert for the PS5 than its short length and last gen assets might have suggested, with superior storytelling and more compelling characters than the original.

Pros: Highly assured storytelling and presentation, with a great villain and spectacular final act. Ray-tracing works very well amongst the skyscrapers, as does fast-loading and other next gen tricks.

Cons: The combat and stealth elements remain very repetitive and overly easy. The amount the game steals from Batman: Arkham is still outrageous.

Score: 8/10

• Registered Users Posts: 7,919 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Wing126 wrote: »
    If you're going for HDMI 2.1 for the ability to display 4K120HZ, then be wary of the the XH90.. Fantastic TV, I own it and I've had it for the past 3 weeks. But the 4K120HZ is buggy and ends up causing a lesser quality image

Ugh, that's annoying. The LG CX has an issue with VRR, so it's not perfect either. And some AV receivers have a bogey HDMI 2.1 chip!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

The lads on the Xbox thread are getting excited, they are getting shipped notifications off Microsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    I'm just praying that whatever courier Smyth's use, dont make a balls of delivery for a lot of people. Thats my only worry I have with this...

I've bought toys from them within the last few weeks. they used UPS even emailed me the tracking number the day it shipped so I didn't have to frantically refresh their website. Super handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

TitianGerm wrote: »
    That's actually one of the ones I was looking at. Herself prefers the Samsung Frame TV but either way I've to wait until next year to get a new TV as we've to get the sitting room done up first according to the boss!!

As long as you're secretly planning it around the PS5 to be sure it fits and looks right

• Advertisement

Edit: Nothing to see here, as per Damo's post below.

Looks like the Metro jumped the gun with their reviews today. Here's their opinion on the console, fwiw, but they had to pull the reviews for Miles and Astro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Looks like the Metro jumped the gun with their reviews today. Here's their opinion on the console, fwiw, but they had to pull the reviews for Miles and Astro.

Aaaaand its gone :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

I've bought toys from them within the last few weeks. they used UPS even emailed me the tracking number the day it shipped so I didn't have to frantically refresh their website. Super handy.

UPS are excellent, that's great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Ugh, that's annoying. The LG CX has an issue with VRR, so it's not perfect either. And some AV receivers have a bogey HDMI 2.1 chip!

Yeah, it's a bit disappointing. Some people have said Sony are working on fixing it, but I'm not sure how reliable that info is.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CastorTroy wrote: »
    As long as you're secretly planning it around the PS5 to be sure it fits and looks right

PS5 and Series X. Also have the switch. Then I'll have the PC upstairs :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    I'm just praying that whatever courier Smyth's use, dont make a balls of delivery for a lot of people. Thats my only worry I have with this...

Waiting for the post man

4a916006b2c1a87cfd227d4e5a81e3d2.jpg

Wing126 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's a bit disappointing. Some people have said Sony are working on fixing it, but I'm not sure how reliable that info is.

I think the LG issue is a problem inherent with OLED panels. There are workarounds, but they can't be implemented on a software or firmware level. Hopefully the Sony fares better.

At this rate though, I might stick with my old Sony 1080P telly and look again at 4K next year. I know some on other forums are saying just disable VRR on the LG, but having used it on PC for a few years now, I don't want to go back!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Reviews live now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

no, you can't run Bloodborne at 60fps or indeed solve its dodgy frame-pacing issues

CANCELS PRE-ORDER.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Kanney wrote: »
    UPS are excellent, that's great news.

F*cking UPS. I live in Sligo town and they don't deliver here every day.

If a package arrives into the delivery depot on a Monday it'll say "Your address is in a remote area where deliveries are not made daily" and I won't get it until Wednesday.

I suspect I might not see mine until Friday if that is who they go with.

There was some discussion previously about some Ubisoft titles which supposedly were not compatible, then a few hours later they removed the post.

Apparently the titles have glitching, that's why Ubisoft stated they were not compatible:
    https://youtu.be/7y7kdi6EzpQ?t=118

CANCELS PRE-ORDER.

That is actually disappointing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Had a quick look at ign and they gave the Pulse headset a 9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Haven't had time to read through reviews yet but is there any mention how long the DS5 takes to charge? Hoping with USB-C, it's a lot quicker than before. IGN said they had to charge it every 2nd day but didn't mind it seeing how good the controller was.

That is actually disappointing :(

Yeah, it is. I would have hoped From would deliver a patch, especially as a modder has got one working already!

The Digital Foundry video is very good and packed with details on the back compatibility.

Looks like Sony have done quite a good job and it'll be interesting to see how people who have only played games at 30FPS feel about a game they replay at 60FPS. I bet they'll really see why some many people rave about higher FPS.

I did note that some of the games on PS5 were running at lower resolution than on the Series X but again that looks to be done to hit the 60FPS target which is great news.

I don't think anyone is going to be disappointed with the console but personally I just wish it wasn't as mad looking. I'll have it hidden away though so won't matter.

Yeah, it is. I would have hoped From would deliver a patch, especially as a modder has got one working already!

Yea definitely want to play it at 60FPS with no frame pacing issues. One of my favorite games of last gen.

Days Gone released a patch for the boost. I wonder if From are waiting for launch to not impact on Demons Souls pre-order. People might put it off if Bloodborne gets a much requested boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The Digital Foundry video is very good and packed with details on the back compatibility.

Looks like Sony have done quite a good job and it'll be interesting to see how people who have only played games at 30FPS feel about a game they replay at 60FPS. I bet they'll really see why some many people rave about higher FPS.

I did note that some of the games on PS5 were running at lower resolution than on the Series X but again that looks to be done to hit the 60FPS target which is great news.

I don't think anyone is going to be disappointed with the console but personally I just wish it wasn't as mad looking. I'll have it hidden away though so won't matter.

The DF video has me more excited for Tsushima now. I held off so I could play it for the first time on PS5 and they say the enhancements have 'transformed' it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Days Gone released a patch for the boost. I wonder if From are waiting for launch to not impact on Demons Souls pre-order. People might put it off if Bloodborne gets a much requested boost.

I'm not sure From have any particular investment in Demon's Souls since they're not developing it - would be a Sony call, perhaps, to hold off. Maybe it's just on the way and didn't make launch for whatever reason.

It seems in general it's newer games that are getting patches, so could just be there's no major financial incentive to go back and boost Bloodborne and older games. Which would be a shame. Also traditionally I think From haven't really been that concerned about performance to the same extent as some of those that play their games.

Or, perhaps, there's a Bloodborne remastered coming - which would be amazing (especially if there's a PC version too), although less so if a 'simple' (I say simple knowing significant work is involved) patch could do a similar job.

I'm not sure From have any particular investment in Demon's Souls since they're not developing it - would be a Sony call, perhaps, to hold off. Maybe it's just on the way and didn't make launch for whatever reason.

It seems in general it's newer games that are getting patches, so could just be there's no major financial incentive to go back and boost Bloodborne and older games. Which would be a shame. Also traditionally I think From haven't really been that concerned about performance to the same extent as some of those that play their games.

Or, perhaps, there's a Bloodborne remastered coming - which would be amazing (especially if there's a PC version too), although less so if a 'simple' (I say simple knowing significant work is involved) patch could do a similar job.

Yeah, I thought From would still be taking in sales from money and Bluepoint were already paid, that was my thinking anyway, not sure how Bluepoint work in that regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I would murder for a BB patch too, but in 4 years they never patched it for the PS4 Pro so there was no reason to expect any different now.

Extra kick in the teeth is that Dark Souls 3 now runs at a locked 60 FPS

Now that is something that I have wanted for a while, nice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement