Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Got an email from Gamestop with a voucher to the value of an in-store preordered game (AC Valhalla Good) requesting I re-order for home delivery.

Very well handled.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Wonder when rest the games will get reviewed? Spiderman and Astro only ones so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Got an email from Gamestop with a voucher to the value of an in-store preordered game (AC Valhalla Good) requesting I re-order for home delivery.

Very well handled.

Fingers crossed same for my preorders, Demon Souls and Miles Morales... did you have to buy the exact same edition? Debating whether to upgrade MM to ultimate edition

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Niska

State of Play for Demons' Souls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mihNKL6rfF4

Interesting they're using the original code for the combat timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I've never had a battery issue, still going strong.

Same. I always buy two anyway. One on charge ready to go for when the one I'm using needs a top up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Cotts72

What's people's thoughts on Godfall? Was just just watching the new trailer released.

I'm very much on the fence, the plot sounds great to be fair and looks great visually. My only gripe would be that it could be very linear and hack and slash

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Does anyone have experience with Smyths pre-orders and when the charges will be made to the credit card?

I have a PS5 order and I'm paying via revolut, but I want to make sure that the money is on the card in time.

Does anyone have experience with Smyths pre-orders and when the charges will be made to the credit card?

I have a PS5 order and I'm paying via revolut, but I want to make sure that the money is on the card in time.

Yep. Pre-covid, they took the money while in the store upon collection. Since covid, they tend to take the money about two or three days beforehand. Generally they'll contact you if the payment method has failed.

Massive caveat to this is that the PlayStation is obviously unique. I'd have the money in from the weekend before at the latest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I have the headset and a controller for collection on Friday, will let you know when I get charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I have a question about the upgrade of games if you buy the PS4 version.

I don’t have a PS5 pre-ordered so at best I’ll have one before January, but if I purchase a game offering free upgrade of the PS4 version to the PS5 version after the release of the PS5 will it still be upgraded for free or is the free upgrade only for people who buy on PS4 before the PS5 has been released for a while?

• Advertisement

Adamcp898 wrote: »

I don’t have a PS5 pre-ordered so at best I’ll have one before January, but if I purchase a game offering free upgrade of the PS4 version to the PS5 version after the release of the PS5 will it still be upgraded for free or is the free upgrade only for people who buy on PS4 before the PS5 has been released for a while?

Yep. Upgrades are not time sensitive so if they're free, they'll stay free. It's all to do when the disc is in the PS5 rather than availing of an upgrade through other means.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Yep. Upgrades are not time sensitive so if they're free, they'll stay free. It's all to do when the disc is in the PS5 rather than availing of an upgrade through other means.

Ah ok that’s good news. But does that not mean a lot of people will buy the PS4 disc version of games like Assassins Creed instead of paying €80 for the PS5 version??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

While there probably is some expiry date in the small print like "expires 1/1/2040" or some other far out date there's no time limit for most games.

Only exception in the EA sports games, those only last until the 22 edition come out. Not sure about other yearly franchises but that's the way for EA at least. 2K isn't doing it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Ah ok that’s good news. But does that not mean a lot of people will buy the PS4 disc version of games like Assassins Creed instead of paying €80 for the PS5 version??

PS4 and PS5 versions are priced the same not sure where your seeing PS5 standard assassins at €80.

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Fingers crossed same for my preorders, Demon Souls and Miles Morales... did you have to buy the exact same edition? Debating whether to upgrade MM to ultimate edition

Unfortunately I did. I wanted to upgrade to the PS5 Ultimate Edition which was the same price but it was locked to my in-store version.

I should caveat that. I was forced to buy the same edition (Gold Edition) as all the AC Valhalla versions (bar one) were locked to order with coupons only so I couldn't even order the Ultimate Edition now if I wanted to. I was sent a €99.99 coupon so I likely could have used that on something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

That State of play for Demon Souls was very nice!

Looking forward to the reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Just wondering has there been any confirmation on game sharing working on ps5? Also curious about any issues with one game sharing account still being on ps4 and the other on ps5 as it looks like only one of us will have for launch. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 29,104 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Watching that Demon's Souls video. Think I only made it to just after what they showed at about the 5min mark on PS3.
    No mention of the online?

Anyone mention a use for the USB C port yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Watching that Demon's Souls video. Think I only made it to just after what they showed at about the 5min mark on PS3.
    No mention of the online?

Anyone mention a use for the USB C port yet?

USB C is for whatever you want. You can charge stuff with it, plus there are USB C external drives. I’d also guess that the next gen PSVR will use it

• Advertisement

Any USB C connections I've seen are usually for charging with only 1 side of the cable being C and the other being A. It's always the device being charged that has the C connection. So just not used to seeing a USB C port that can be connected to this way.
    But I guess things chage

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Any USB C connections I've seen are usually for charging with only 1 side of the cable being C and the other being A. It's always the device being charged that has the C connection.

Surely a double sided USB C cable will charge a controller though?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Surely a double sided USB C cable will charge a controller though?

Yes it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Any world on TLOU2 getting a PS5 patch? Was saving new game + for it.

I’ve yet to finish Ghost so great to see a 60fps patch already announced for that.

double GG wrote: »
    Just wondering has there been any confirmation on game sharing working on ps5? Also curious about any issues with one game sharing account still being on ps4 and the other on ps5 as it looks like only one of us will have for launch. Thanks

From the sound of the Digital Foundary video above you still can.

He'd games showing on his US account that came from his DF account that were listed on his library as he'd played them on the US account already just with a lock symbol. The lock was shown before on PS4 either when you weren't using the primary console of the account who owned it or where offline. But going by the fact his US account played those then I'd say it's the same setup.

I’ve yet to finish Ghost so great to see a 60fps patch already announced for that.

Game already got a patched that'll carry over to the PS5, no one sure yet what additional options the PS5 will have over the PS4 Pro yet.

Varik wrote: »
    Game already got a patched that'll carry over to the PS5, no one sure yet what additional options the PS5 will have over the PS4 Pro yet.

Wasn't that just TLOU remastered? Didn't hear of one for TLoU2

Wasn't that just TLOU remastered? Didn't hear of one for TLoU2

Ye you're right didn't read the 2.

Push Square did an analysis on it and said there was little difference. Minor loading boost but given that loads are frontloaded in levels, it's not something that makes a huge difference. Still highly praised it of course but just noted its similarity to how it runs on the PS4 Pro. I'd hazard a guess that it doesn't make the disc drive sound like a jet landing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

New website back up

https://www.customizemyplates.com/

Took a chance on infinite Black PS5 Console Skin - €33 including shipping from US

• Advertisement

I would have thought TLOU2 would get a 60fps patch in time for launch, on account of being a relatively new game. I guess they could still announce it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement