Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

With some of the decisions Sony have ran with on this console I wouldn't be surprised if they stupidly removed game share.

I really hope they don't as I want to pick one up as a secondary console and gameshare really helps that

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

recyclops wrote: »
    With some of the decisions Sony have ran with on this console I wouldn't be surprised if they stupidly removed game share.

I really hope they don't as I want to pick one up as a secondary console and gameshare really helps that

If they do it would really put me off getting one until the release an update on it.

My brother and I always have a PS and Xbox and we game share on both. It makes it much cheaper way of owning consoles and getting to play lots of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

recyclops wrote: »

I'm surprised they didn't remove it years ago with the amount of people who abuse it.

lertsnim wrote: »
    I'm surprised they didn't remove it years ago with the amount of people who abuse it.

It's hardly abusing the system?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

TitianGerm wrote: »
    It's hardly abusing the system?

It's breaking ToS, it's a weird one as randomly the odd people have gotten banned for it and then some people have gotten away with it years with different IPs etc just seems random who Sony single out for it...

Is anyone looking into getting an NVme SSD and a usb 3.2 caddy to super charge your PS4 games?

I think I'm going to get one of them for my old titles as it makes the games load as fast as possible with the USB C port...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Fieldog wrote: »
    It's breaking ToS, it's a weird one as randomly the odd people have gotten banned for it and then some people have gotten away with it years with different IPs etc just seems random who Sony single out for it...

Is anyone looking into getting an NVme SSD and a usb 3.2 caddy to super charge your PS4 games?

I think I'm going to get one of them for my old titles as it makes the games load as fast as possible with the USB C port...

What are you talking about? Nobody has ever got banned for game sharing.A primary and secondary console is allowed and always will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Fieldog wrote: »

We've all been doing it since the launch of the PS4, nobody has ever been banned for this, maybe other stuff or got a lick of a warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

I think the idea is that both consoles are supposed to be in the same house but it's a bit like Netflix/Spotify Sony don't seem to care when they are not

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

They basically can’t stop it. If they remove the ability to have a primary console people would go nuts because it means that if you lose internet, you can’t play your games and your family members on the same console can’t use the games you bought.

They also can’t remove the ability to get your purchases on another system while you are logged in because they are your purchases and tied to your account. People use this system legitimately to have two consoles in the same house for example, where they move between playing on both or have a secondary console for kids etc. With regards to different IPs, that actually can’t be proven as anything wrong because you could have your family member playing on your home console while you’re in a friends house playing on yours etc.

There’s actually really no way they can stop it from happening but I doubt it bothers them that much. They still don’t lose as much as with the used game market and the higher margin on digital sales makes up for it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    We've all been doing it since the launch of the PS4, nobody has ever been banned for this, maybe other stuff or got a lick of a warning.

That's good news so!

I thought a few lads had posted on Reddit that they were banned, maybe I imagined it... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Also haven't seen it mentioned or maybe I missed it, but a few people have confirmed game share is there to stay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

sticker wrote: »
    New website back up

https://www.customizemyplates.com/

Took a chance on infinite Black PS5 Console Skin - €33 including shipping from US

They seem to be just a vinyl wrap.
    AliExpress will be doing them for fiver.
    Thanks for the link anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

SMC92Ian wrote: »

Hi all,
    Very new to all this. Could you explain how exactly the game sharing works?

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

madmoe wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Very new to all this. Could you explain how exactly the game sharing works?

Thanks,
    M

If you give your email and password to a friend or family member both of you can download games from the shared account. You can only have two consoles at nay given time sharing one account, so say your PS4 and your friends PS4.

Useful if you both want. Anew game which is 70 euro you can give 35 to the other person and split the cost effectively

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Anyone know is it 9am or midnight on launch day that the PS goes on sale? Praying to nab one for click and collect somewhere. Thankfully i have a work van for breakdowns so ill be able to go anywhere to pick one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Kremin wrote: »
    If you give your email and password to a friend or family member both of you can download games from the shared account. You can only have two consoles at nay given time sharing one account, so say your PS4 and your friends PS4.

Useful if you both want. Anew game which is 70 euro you can give 35 to the other person and split the cost effectively

Me and the brother have both had ps4 for years, and never got around to setting it up....stupidly. Glad it's here to stay

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Anyone know is it 9am or midnight on launch day that the PS goes on sale? Praying to nab one for click and collect somewhere. Thankfully i have a work van for breakdowns so ill be able to go anywhere to pick one up.

I haven't seen any stores doing midnight openings. The only place that you'll get one without a preorder is Argos if/when they release their batch and they'll be in the morning as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Board Walker

I haven't seen any stores doing midnight openings. The only place that you'll get one without a preorder is Argos if/when they release their batch and they'll be in the morning as well.

I was thinking Argos. I think Harvey norman also or currys. I'm not sure they done any pre orders?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I was thinking Argos. I think Harvey norman also or currys. I'm not sure they done any pre orders?

Currys have. Not sure about Harvey Norman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Me and the brother have both had ps4 for years, and never got around to setting it up....stupidly. Glad it's here to stay

Me and a mate from work been doin it on ps4 and xbox for years know. Would love to work out how much we have saved over time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Can PlayStation 4 games be played straight off an external drive or do they need to be copied to the PS5 storage?

lertsnim wrote: »
    Can PlayStation 4 games be played straight off an external drive or do they need to be copied to the PS5 storage?

Thought it came out yesterday that the PS5 doesn't support external drives?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Thought it came out yesterday that the PS5 doesn't support external drives?

It doesn't support storing PS5 games right now, meaning you cannot transfer a PS5 game to an external drive and store it there. Support for storing PS5 games on an external drive should be patched in at some point though as there's no reason not to allow it. Obviously you won't ever be able to run a PS5 game from an external, but you should be able to store them there.

You can keep your PS4 games on an external drive and run them from it.

From GamesRadar
    However, there's a catch. You currently cannot use these external hard drives to store any PS5 games - even on a suitably speedy external SSD. You can only move PS4 titles onto external drives on PS5 right now, meaning you'll need to keep any PS5 games you want to install strictly to the 667.2GB of internal storage.

According to Sony this again will be addressed in the future, but there's no timeline on that.

What you can do though is make sure you head to the settings menu > Storage > Extended Storage and set all PS4 games to automatically install to the external drive (if you've got one connected), to make sure you're usually all that internal space for pure PS5 gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Decided to cancel my preorder with Smyths for Miles Morales. Its 59.99 with Smyths can get it for 42 euro on the US store.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Decided to cancel my preorder with Smyths for Miles Morales. Its 59.99 with Smyths can get it for 42 euro on the US store.

I have it preordered with smiths too are there any downsides to changing to US store? I've never messed around with that at all tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Watched the DF review,looks good. Really glad they have addressed cooling and noise.

I did notice DF say that while back compat looks good they are a little confused about Sony weird not talking about it strategy,I've found it odd myself. In saying that any back compat games in the review looked to run really well.

The small SSD is a bit of a bummer,like the new COD is seemingly 250GB!

I would like to see proper 1440p support aswell,maybe they can add that down the line.

Does look good though. It seems to be a nice leap in tech that I dont think the PS4 ever was.

Might see if I can nab one at launch,if not no worries,in no major rush to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

You don't set anything to US, you just setup a new account as US and buy off that. When you buy a game off PSN then the purchasing account can use it on any console as long as there's internet, and anyone can use the game on that purchasing accounts primary console.

So if you wanted to play for MP or for trophies and that had to be on your main account then you can only play on the primary set console, only downside is if you want to play on your own account on another system and have someone else play on your primary console so as to share the same game then you can't do that. You could still do this while buying off another account, it's just that someone would need to use that purchasing account instead of their normal one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Kremin wrote: »
    If you give your email and password to a friend or family member both of you can download games from the shared account. You can only have two consoles at any given time sharing one account, so say your PS4 and your friends PS4.

Now that I like the sound of!!

Cherrs,
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

jones wrote: »
    I have it preordered with smiths too are there any downsides to changing to US store? I've never messed around with that at all tbh.

The only issue I had was buying a game on US store playing it on my Irish account and finding out I then couldn't buy DLC. Had to play it on my US account in the end but was fine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement