Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Ok so basically just set up a total new account but a US one and set it up on the ps5 along with my Irish account. Then I can play games bought on the US store on my Irish account and the only downside is some dlc I might have to play on the other log in? Seems like a no brainer for the money saved why have I never done this before now ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

https://twitter.com/pushsquare/status/1325446736479969281

"Spider-Man: Miles Morales Takes About 12 Hours to Beat"

Ugh. I know from the start that they said it would be a smaller experience, but 12 hours is way too short for €70.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Wing126 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/pushsquare/status/1325446736479969281

"Spider-Man: Miles Morales Takes About 12 Hours to Beat"

Ugh. I know from the start that they said it would be a smaller experience, but 12 hours still seems way too short for €70.

Well in fairness, €80 for the two games is good value. €60 for MM is probably slightly overpriced but it's not a gauge.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

One of the best things about Spider-Man was that it was a much a leaner, pacier beast than most open world time sinks. Happy MM is leaner again, honestly. I’m far more interested in it over most other open world blockbusters simply because I know I’ll reach the end in a reasonable amount of time. It’s a tad expensive, but as ever would rather games that don’t overstay their welcome - Lost Legacy was a highlight of Naughty Dog’s last three or four games because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

12 hours is a decent enough size campaign. I am sure there will be a couple more hours with side missions as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

jones wrote: »
    Ok so basically just set up a total new account but a US one and set it up on the ps5 along with my Irish account. Then I can play games bought on the US store on my Irish account and the only downside is some dlc I might have to play on the other log in? Seems like a no brainer for the money saved why have I never done this before now ha ha

DLC should work on your main account as well, just so long as you go back to your US account to buy it (unless its region locked, which is rare in my experience).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Glico Man wrote: »
    DLC should work on your main account as well, just so long as you go back to your US account to buy it (unless its region locked, which is rare in my experience).

Yea the issue I had years ago was buying FIFA on the US store playing it on my Irish account and then seeing I couldn't buy anything for the game threw my main account.

So that's the only thing you need to be careful with in that sense otherwise i never had any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

shrewdness wrote: »

For anyone who hasn't watched this yet make sure you set game mode on your TV when your playing PS5 as the console won't automatically default to this setting and DF are saying it's a better experience using Game Mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Yea the issue I had years ago was buying FIFA on the US store playing it on my Irish account and then seeing I couldn't buy anything for the game threw my main account.

So that's the only thing you need to be careful with in that sense otherwise i never had any problems.
    Yeah this generally applies to multiplayer games as dlc is tied to purchasing account. Other examples would be fortnite or modern warfare. Saying that, Watch Dogs Legion is having issues with dlc content being unavailable to other users on consoles

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

TitianGerm wrote: »
    For anyone who hasn't watched this yet make sure you set game mode on your TV when your playing PS5 as the console won't automatically default to this setting and DF are saying it's a better experience using Game Mode.

Yeah, after seeing this yesterday, i checked my lg sm8500 and saw some settings were all over the place. Have no console now to configure the hdmi for it but will be the first thing i do with the ps5.

My favourite part of that video "the days of jet engine fans are over".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Not sure if this has been posted but you can request a camera adapter if you have a psvr (you need the serial number from the psvr box thing)

https://camera-adaptor.support.playstation.com/en-ie

No guarantee you will get one I got an email back saying it still needs to be approved. And if granted shipments will begin around mid November

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Woke up this morning to my credit card being compromised. first thought was "Sh!t the PS5 preorder!", luckily can log into Smyth's and update the payment details. Mild panic attack is not a nice way to wake up, 10 days to go :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Stephen.Walsh_

decided to upgrade my TV, currently have a 40” Full HD, what’s the best 4K around for about 400 for the ps5?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭DeadWeight

Just got charged for spiderman miles morales from Smyths gonna be a painful week

DeadWeight wrote: »
    Just got charged for spiderman miles morales from Smyths gonna be a painful week

Still think its really stupid having games and controllers etc on sale a week before the actual machine. If the stuff is there sitting in the shops it should be on sale. I am sure Sony wont mind to much when the money hits there accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭DeadWeight

Still think its really stupid having games and controllers etc on sale a week before the actual machine. If the stuff is there sitting in the shops it should be on sale. I am sure Sony wont mind to much when the money hits there accounts.

Yeah I agree this sucks and now the ending +post credits scene leaked as well and you already know youtubers will have something spoiled before you click play.

Yeah I agree this sucks and now the ending +post credits scene leaked as well and you already know youtubers will have something spoiled before you click play.

Ill do me best do avoid stuff on Youtube etc so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Anyone been charged for their headsets yet?

Mine still 'in progress' anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

It's not sitting in the stores. They haven't gotten them yet.

Liamo_mu wrote: »
    It's not sitting in the stores. They haven't gotten them yet.

Maybe not yet but they will get them before the release date. I haven't been charged for the charging dock yet and i canceled Spider Man last night otherwise there would of been that as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

For delivery or collect?

That vault being full on Revolut was fun while it lasted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

Maybe not yet but they will get them before the release date. I haven't been charged for the charging dock yet and i canceled Spider Man last night otherwise there would of been that as well.

They didn't have Xboxes in store as of yesterday. Don't know if they got them today but I'd assume they did.

So seems like they won't have the PS5 till the day before either

bennyl10 wrote: »
    For delivery or collect?

That vault being full on Revolut was fun while it lasted

Haha ya i just finished saving for my 800 euro vault on Revolut last week feels like i have had that going bloody ages now!!

Liamo_mu wrote: »
    They didn't have Xboxes in store as of yesterday. Don't know if they got them today but I'd assume they did.

So seems like they won't have the PS5 till the day before either

Ya i guess every product is different lets hope An Post has nothing to do with anyone s machines anyway or we will never see them! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Re: 12 hours MM campaign- I know it's definitely short for some but personally I prefer shorter games. I only have a few hours a week MAYBE where I can play games due to a 9 month old so it's quite daunting starting games I know will take me months to finish so I actually target shorter ones.

I know that's far from the usual and most would prefer longer beefier games but I'm happy anyways haha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Did most of you trade in your PS4's for your PS5's?

Jordan 199 wrote: »

Sold mine to CEX there month or two ago used the money against a new tv.

Was just handy that i was able to throw aside a tenner or so a week for the last year plus to save for the ps5.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

I missed the CEX offer of €260 for my Pro, but got €220 for it on adverts about a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Sold my PS4 pro over the weekend. It was exactly 18 months old. Got €200 for it, so was happy enough

• Advertisement

I had another second hand PS4 that i had got hold of cheap couple years ago that i messed around with hoping the jailbreak scene would be as good as PS3!

Decided to update it and sell it during the lock down earlier in the year got 400 euro for it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement