Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Didn't get rid of the pro, thought about it before the price dropped but wasn't arsed after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Kremin wrote: »
    Re: 12 hours MM campaign- I know it's definitely short for some but personally I prefer shorter games. I only have a few hours a week MAYBE where I can play games due to a 9 month old so it's quite daunting starting games I know will take me months to finish so I actually target shorter ones.

I know that's far from the usual and most would prefer longer beefier games but I'm happy anyways haha

I replayed Spiderman on new Game Plus and just smashed through the story, no side missions and I can't say it was a lot more than 12 hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Just a heads up for anyone interested just got 100 USD for 80 Euro on Eneba there. Ill keep the code for next week pretty much two games for the price of one depending what u go for maybe even more!.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The Last Guardian runs at 60FPS if you have the disc.

Physical media for life, baby!

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-11-09-the-last-guardian-on-ps5-runs-at-60fps-but-only-if-you-have-the-disc

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-11-09-the-last-guardian-on-ps5-runs-at-60fps-but-only-if-you-have-the-disc
    That's some improvement, some sections of that game I felt I was playing with a flip-book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Still think its really stupid having games and controllers etc on sale a week before the actual machine. If the stuff is there sitting in the shops it should be on sale. I am sure Sony wont mind to much when the money hits there accounts.

Are we expecting the headsets to arrive a week earlier or on the same day as the console?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Bill36

https://www.adverts.ie/22090856
    This guy selling xbox series x mentioned he took deposit for 23 PS5s already and still expecting more for sale near launch

AdamD wrote: »
    Are we expecting the headsets to arrive a week earlier or on the same day as the console?

I think all games and accessory's are the 12th?

AdamD wrote: »

Ive bought a good few things off of him on adverts nothing to do with Playstations or Xboxs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

If you have the disc AND you don't patch it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Bill36 wrote: »
    This guy selling xbox series x mentioned he took deposit for 23 PS5s already and still expecting more for sale near launch

This guy is genuine, have bought from him myself. He obviously has a contact somewhere to get that many units. I remember he had 50 Cyberpunk Xbox ones which were sold out everywhere back in June and still has some up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bill36 wrote: »

That guy is always scalping on items and I've a feeling they are a Boards member.

There been loads of bargains posted here over the years and within a few hours he has the items listed at a markup over RRP but we'll above what he paid for it.

It'd be great if Revenue caught up with him as the way he operates and the volume of items he sells I'd be 100% confident they'd see him to be carrying on a trade.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    That guy is always scalping on items and I've a feeling they are a Boards member.

There been loads of bargains posted here over the years and within a few hours he has the items listed at a markup over RRP but we'll above what he paid for it.

It'd be great if Revenue caught up with him as the way he operates and the volume of items he sells I'd be 100% confident they'd see him to be carrying on a trade.

Revenue dont care, there are several sellers who sell alot more than him on Adverts like of Gshock and Armani Versace selling 10-20 phones a day worth thousands. Both of these actually have registered VAT numbers but do they pay any tax, nope.

Also there are genuine businesses on Adverts who sell off the record from Dublin 1 shops without tax, that's why they will never give you a VAT receipt.

dan786 wrote: »
    Revenue dont care, there are several sellers who sell alot more than him on Adverts like of Gshock and Armani Versace selling 10-20 phones a day worth thousands. Both of these actually have registered VAT numbers but do they pay any tax, nope.

Also there are genuine businesses on Adverts who sell off the record from Dublin 1 shops without tax, that's why they will never give you a VAT receipt.

If you have a VAT number you're more than likely registered for Income Tax unless they are using a VAT number from a different business.

If you have a VAT number you're more than likely registered for Income Tax unless they are using a VAT number from a different business.

Both Gshock and Armani had shops to sell phone accessories but then they continued to sell phones of the records. Gshock sold that to someone but he still uses the VAT number to get stuff cheaper. If you ask him for a shop receipt, he will get you one from that shop.

Both of them are selling phones worth thousands a day and have been doing it years. Also as I said there are dozens of phone shops from D1 on Adverts who are selling the phones off the record. They give you a hand written receipt with no mention of VAT etc.

dan786 wrote: »
    Both Gshock and Armani had shops to sell phone accessories but then they continued to sell phones of the records. Gshock sold that to someone but he still uses the VAT number to get stuff cheaper. If you ask him for a shop receipt, he will get you one from that shop.

Both of them are selling phones worth thousands a day and have been doing it years. Also as I said there are dozens of phone shops from D1 on Adverts who are selling the phones off the record. They give you a hand written receipt with no mention of VAT etc.

We weren't talking about those shops though we were talking about the scalper Cornered Tiger. Most of the shops around D1 sell phones cheaper than can be gotten elsewhere.

Did anyone here order one from Argos UK? Lot of people getting DPD tracking numbers for PS5s already. Seeing Xbox is being delivered a day early to some, we might see the PS5 get to some before the 19th.

We weren't talking about those shops though we were talking about the scalper Cornered Tiger. Most of the shops around D1 sell phones cheaper than can be gotten elsewhere.

My reply was in context to Revenue - not the sellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Where is the cheapest place to get Demon Souls at the moment? Anyone any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭cannco253

Quick question on digital only PS5

Does anyone know if I re-download a digital game I own on PS4 onto the digital only PS5, can I still play it on PS4, or is it only PS5 from then on (i.e. do game saves stay on PS5 version only or can you cross play across both machines?)

Am I right in thinking if I own a disc based PS4 game and not the digital version, I won't be able to play it on the digital only PS5 without purchasing the digital version (in other words, is the digital only PS5 smart enough to know I own the physical media or is Sony forcing you to buy the digital version?).

I'm keeping the PS4 Pro so not a problem, but just wanted to check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

You'll still be able to play on both, and saves will go where you put them.

Ps5 will need disc in drive, with no drive you'll have to buy it again.

For game sharing and playing both at the same time, for that no one knows yet. You could still only have one primary console or get a single for each system.

Seem to be able to have a PS4 game running on both a primary PS4, a "console sharing and offline play" enabled PS5, and then probably on the purchasing account elsewhere.

532336.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

cannco253 wrote: »
    Quick question on digital only PS5

Does anyone know if I re-download a digital game I own on PS4 onto the digital only PS5, can I still play it on PS4, or is it only PS5 from then on (i.e. do game saves stay on PS5 version only or can you cross play across both machines?)

Am I right in thinking if I own a disc based PS4 game and not the digital version, I won't be able to play it on the digital only PS5 without purchasing the digital version (in other words, is the digital only PS5 smart enough to know I own the physical media or is Sony forcing you to buy the digital version?).

I'm keeping the PS4 Pro so not a problem, but just wanted to check.

You can still play re-downloaded games on the PS4. In essence it'll act like if you currently have two PS4s, where one is your primary, but you can download and play the same games on your other PS4 as well.

To your second point, yeah I think if you have a disk PS4 game and buy the digital PS5, you'll have to pay to buy the digital version of the game on PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I had a look on argos UK and they weren't selling accessories until release date on the 18th. Presume Ireland will be similar.

I'm Eyeing up the headset so keeping an eye out

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Am I right in saying that you can still play PS4 games directly from an external drive? I could load up a 2gb hard drive with my PS4 games and then just keep the SSD for PS5?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Am I right in saying that you can still play PS4 games directly from an external drive? I could load up a 2gb hard drive with my PS4 games and then just keep the SSD for PS5?

Yep you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Sony just posted a PS5 FAQ. Answers some of the questions above

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/11/09/ps5-the-ultimate-faq/#sf239758641

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

My copy of Spider-Man has shipped from Smyth's via An Post. No tracking link, looking forward to staring at the box for 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,919 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Penn wrote: »
    Sony just posted a PS5 FAQ. Answers some of the questions above

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/11/09/ps5-the-ultimate-faq/#sf239758641

In relation to not being able to move PS5 games from the internal drive;
    Can I store or play PS5 games from a USB drive?

No, players cannot transfer PS5 games to a USB drive. PS5 games must be stored on the console’s internal ultra-high speed SSD for gameplay. Explorations for allowing players to store (but not play) PS5 games on a USB drive in a future update are underway.

Anyone recommend a good external hard drive for the PS5 for storing and playing PS4 games?

Something fast enough that's not crazy money i guess!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Does anyone know of a good way to make yourself sleep continuously for around 9 and a half days?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement