Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Great service from Smyths, I’ve found them to be very reliable with any gaming stuff when I’ve used them. Glad I went with them for PS5, I have no doubt I’ll get my PS5 on release day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

rm212 wrote: »
    Great service from Smyths, I’ve found them to be very reliable with any gaming stuff when I’ve used them. Glad I went with them for PS5, I have no doubt I’ll get my PS5 on release day now.

Although I do have a pre order confirmed with Smyths I would say that it may be a great service if you're on the right side of the PS5 carnage on their servers but there are many many people who didn't suceed in getting the pre order in that wave who would certainly not agree with you there.

Go back through their Twitter on the UK & Ireland pages and people were going bananas. Issue I think was their UK and Irish sites work off the same Servers so the workload couldn't cope.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Berty wrote: »
    Although I do have a pre order confirmed with Smyths I would say that it may be a great service if you're on the right side of the PS5 carnage on their servers but there are many many people who didn't suceed in getting the pre order in that wave who would certainly not agree with you there.

Go back through their Twitter on the UK & Ireland pages and people were going bananas. Issue I think was their UK and Irish sites work off the same Servers so the workload couldn't cope.

Everyone's servers melted though :pac:. I'm just so glad I checked their site before going to bed after the initial reveal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

It's looking like you can remote play the PS5 to your PS4 and play the PS5 games on the PS4.

Cooool.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/sony-has-added-a-surprise-ps5-remote-play-app-to-ps4/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

It's looking like you can remote play the PS5 to your PS4 and play the PS5 games on the PS4.

Cooool.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/sony-has-added-a-surprise-ps5-remote-play-app-to-ps4/

So will it play in 4K60 on the screen the Pro is connected to? This is very interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Cooool.

Gave my Pro away to a young relative last week :(

I might have to pick up a slim in a few months if reviews for this are positive, as being able to remote play across the house would be the cherry on top for me.
    So will it play in 4K60 on the screen the Pro is connected to? This is very interesting

Almost certainly will be an option as long as your network is suitable. The PS5 will do all the work and the Pro will just stream the video. Very similar to how things like Stadia work basically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭WhenPigsCry

Cooool.

That just makes me wish they’d make another handheld

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

That just makes me wish they’d make another handheld

Would love an updated powerful vita that actually got SUPPORT from Sony.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Penn wrote: »
    Sony just posted a PS5 FAQ. Answers some of the questions above

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/11/09/ps5-the-ultimate-faq/#sf239758641

Thanks, added to OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well the reviews for Bugsnax have started coming in and it's getting good reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Insomniac now adding the ability to transfer your Spiderman save from PS4 to Spiderman remaster (Miles Morales Ultimate Edition) on PS5, and you also unlock the 3 new Spiderman suits.

Now I'm going to go for the Ultimate Edition for a future replay.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Penn wrote: »
    Insomniac now adding the ability to transfer your Spiderman save from PS4 to Spiderman remaster (Miles Morales Ultimate Edition) on PS5, and you also unlock the 3 new Spiderman suits.

Now I'm going to go for the Ultimate Edition for a future replay.

https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/1325890911826423808?s=19

Aw that's the cherry on top for me. Was looking forward to MM anyway but being able to dive straight into the dlc on SM is huge. Dunno if i could have played through it again just to get to dlc.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Aw that's the cherry on top for me. Was looking forward to MM anyway but being able to dive straight into the dlc on SM is huge. Dunno if i could have played through it again just to get to dlc.

Still crazy it wasn't included from the start, but at least it'll be included now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

Does anyone know if the PS5 remastered version of Superman has a separate trophy list?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

It does yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Gamespot review really showcased the DualSense. Looks amazing. The tension in drawing a bow and arrow, or walking in sand sounds awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Liamo_mu wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the PS5 remastered version of Superman has a separate trophy list?

The remaster we never knew we needed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The remaster we never knew we needed :pac:

Flying through rings that are now in 4K HD.

And getting Superman and Spider-Man mixed up made me think of Supergran. When are we going to get a new game based on that? :D

(watching that, I just found out the theme was by Phil Coulter and Billy Connolly)

GameStop have now sorted out two of my three PlayStation 5 games for home delivery which I preordered in-store so am a happy boy (assume game 3 will be sorted next week, hopefully!).

I know they rightfully got flack for their console orders but have to give them fair dues for sorting out the games which is a huge relief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

For anyone with 2019 LG B9, there is a new firmware update just released that has fixed some issues with hdmi 2.1 and g sync

• Registered Users Posts: 7,918 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

While we're waiting, here's the Washington Post's interview with Yujin Morisawa, the designer of the console's aesthetic. Apparently it started off even bigger!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

GameStop have now sorted out two of my three PlayStation 5 games for home delivery which I preordered in-store so am a happy boy (assume game 3 will be sorted next week, hopefully!).

I know they rightfully got flack for their console orders but have to give them fair dues for sorting out the games which is a huge relief.

What games were these?

I preorded Spiderman MM Ultimate in store and I was told by GameStop that my only solution was to buy the game again, this time from their online store.

Then when my local shop reopens, they'll give me store credit on my previous order....

What games were these?

I preorded Spiderman MM Ultimate in store and I was told by GameStop that my only solution was to buy the game again, this time from their online store.

Then when my local shop reopens, they'll give me store credit on my previous order....

AC Valhalla and COD Black Ops.

I have a feeling or maybe just hoping they'll do the same for Spider Man as the ultimate edition is now only available behind a coupon on their site (much like AC Valhalla is for gold and ultimate editions).

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Stephen.Walsh_

Hey guys, not looking for a heavy expensive tv, just simply one with HDR, and 4K res, does anyone think this will be good for upgrade from a full HD tv?

LG 43UN70006LA 43 Inch UHD 4K HDR Smart LED TV with Freeview HD/Freesat HD - Black colour (2020 Model) [Energy Class A] https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08CJ72Y17/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_vYDQFbFMNH1Y9

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Quiksilver

Quick question all, who has gotten an LG CX for their PS5? I’m strongly considering getting one, just worried about the potential for burn in during long gaming sessions. Was going to go with Samsung Q90T but it has only one hdmi 2.1 port and I worry the hdr might not be as good.
    Anyone any experience with the LG CX sets?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Hey guys, not looking for a heavy expensive tv, just simply one with HDR, and 4K res, does anyone think this will be good for upgrade from a full HD tv?

LG 43UN70006LA 43 Inch UHD 4K HDR Smart LED TV with Freeview HD/Freesat HD - Black colour (2020 Model) [Energy Class A] https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08CJ72Y17/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_vYDQFbFMNH1Y9

Not a great review on RTINGs:
    https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/un7000

No VRR, no 120 Hz support at any resolution. The input lag however is excellent, so that is good for gaming at least.

Here is rtings recommended 4K gaming TVs:
    https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-usage/video-gaming

and here are budget models they recommend:
    https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/budget

Your mileage will vary for gaming on the budget sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,918 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

As you might expect, there are a few godawful celeb interview/ads doing the rounds. They're pretty terrible, although Naomi Osaka gets to play a bit of Resi Village.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Quiksilver wrote: »
    Quick question all, who has gotten an LG CX for their PS5? I’m strongly considering getting one, just worried about the potential for burn-in during long gaming sessions. Was going to go with Samsung Q90T but it has only one HDMI 2.1 port and I worry the hdr might not be as good.
    Anyone any experience with the LG CX sets?

I have one great tv very happy with it so far anyway. I've looked into a good few things in relation to screen burn as I use my PC on it as well. The only gaming I have done with it would be the Switch atm so ill see when I get the PS5.

Once you're not viewing bright static images for any long periods should hopefully be okay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

on TVs do you think one set up and calibration will suit both series X and PS5?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement