Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Quiksilver wrote: »
    Quick question all, who has gotten an LG CX for their PS5? I’m strongly considering getting one, just worried about the potential for burn in during long gaming sessions. Was going to go with Samsung Q90T but it has only one hdmi 2.1 port and I worry the hdr might not be as good.
    Anyone any experience with the LG CX sets?

I’ve the c8 which is the 2018 version of the CX. I’ve had it about 1.5 years and there’s been zero burn in. Just turn it off when pausing the game or you need to run somewhere and you’ll be fine. It boots up in like 5 seconds so it’s a good habit to get into. I had a plasma before this and it was the same deal risk of burn in. It took 10 years for some signs of burn in to happen on that tv and even then it was only visible from cold boot and it disappeared after 15-20 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I have one great tv very happy with it so far anyway. I've looked into a good few things in relation to screen burn as I use my PC on it as well. The only gaming I have done with it would be the Switch atm so ill see when I get the PS5.

Once you're not viewing bright static images for any long periods should hopefully be okay.

Any decent OLED nowadays will a pixel-shifting feature that negates burn-in, it is obviously still possible but burn-in is nowhere near the issue some people seem to think it is. If burn-in ever did happen it won't be from a game, it will be from leaving the TV on all day that has one of them channel logos constantly displaying in the top corner of the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Quick question all, who has gotten an LG CX for their PS5? I’m strongly considering getting one, just worried about the potential for burn in during long gaming sessions. Was going to go with Samsung Q90T but it has only one hdmi 2.1 port and I worry the hdr might not be as good.

I have a 2016 LG oled B series model, I got when the PS4 Pro came out. Still looks fantastic. Over the last year though, I have noticed burn in. Netflix logo in one corner, and youtube logo in the other. Can only really be seen when there is red on the screen, but still annoys me.

Avoid the built in tv apps, and you should be ok. The tv is too good even with that issue. I'll get that CX this year if I see they fixed the VRR.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

I have a confirmed preorder of PS5 with Gamestop.

I preordered with my PayPal account which is tied to my credit card – which has a sizeable limit and no fees outstanding. I assume if my PayPal balance is low, the preorder will just come from my Credit Card and not effect the order?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Excellent TV. Have a C9 and haven't noticed any burn in issues at all.

• Advertisement

Is it just me or does that celeb footage of Resi Village look pretty poor?!

sticker wrote: »
    Is it just me or does that celeb footage of Resi Village look pretty poor?!

The bitrate is really really low and it is capped at 30 fps, strange decision to show it like that.

Just got my Demon Souls delivery notification from Smyths..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Are digital games available for preorder? I cant see them on the app, but i have form for not seeing the obvious.

Thinking of getting this headset for PS5 - Anyone have one? Seems to be favoured over the official PS5 headset...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08GDHCB49/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

fixXxer wrote: »
    Are digital games available for preorder? I cant see them on the app, but i have form for not seeing the obvious.

If you search for the game itself it should be there as PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Smyths charged me for my headset.

Also, got a tracking number from Smyth for UPS for a parcel with a 5.8kg weight?

Looks like they are creating the tickets for the consoles already.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Smyths charged me for Demon Souls, Godfall and the Pulse headset overnight.

Demon Souls is coming by Fastway (sigh) and the others are still in progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Got my text for demon souls , its coming with UPS they are fairly good should be here tomorrow.

Happy out still trying to source the dualsense charger the official one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Speaking of demon souls i still have not seen any reviews of it which seems odd

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

jones wrote: »

Supposedly it wasnt sent out for review by Sony

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Controller and headset both ready to dispatch from Smyths for me. So I guess the console will probably be in the same state this time next week :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

I am somewhat in the same boat. Although all reviews say burn in is highly unlikely unless you sit watching Sky News for the whole day for days on end (might burn your soul though).

Was expecting to go for the CX in January sales but seeing people like Vincent Teoh from HDTVtest bring up that there’s an issue with VRR flickering when using the PS5 on The B and C LG OLED’s and that it won’t be able to be fixed as it’s a hardware issue.
    It’s probably a small issue but when I’m thinking about forking over €1500 for a tv, I want it to be perfect...

Hopefully the D series will have it fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Cotts72

sticker wrote: »
    Thinking of getting this headset for PS5 - Anyone have one? Seems to be favoured over the official PS5 headset...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08GDHCB49/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

From the reviews I've seen, if you can afford it get it. It's similar to the pulse 3D but quality is slightly better along with mic I think

Ultimately its down to money. If 100e is your budget then pulse 3d is perfect and is still quality but if you can spend more then go For the steel artics

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

I am somewhat in the same boat. Although all reviews say burn in is highly unlikely unless you sit watching Sky News for the whole day for days on end (might burn your soul though).

Was expecting to go for the CX in January sales but seeing people like Vincent Teoh from HDTVtest bring up that there’s an issue with VRR flickering when using the PS5 on The B and C LG OLED’s and that it won’t be able to be fixed as it’s a hardware issue.
    It’s probably a small issue but when I’m thinking about forking over €1500 for a tv, I want it to be perfect...

Hopefully the D series will have it fixed.

C denotes the model doesn’t change. Next year’s line up will be B11, C11, G11, W11 most likely.

• Advertisement

Apparently its part of the final embargo which is up tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Just on the LG OLED and burn in - i honestly don't think you need to worry about burn in once you are anyway careful with it. I have the C9 about 18 months (and a Samsung plasma for 5 years before it) and have gamed A LOT on it as well as sky sports on almost every day and movies etc. and i have no issue at all with burn in.

In saying that i would not leave a static image on the screen for more than a few minutes if possible - i'm talking about pausing Sky/netflix or having sky sports news on 8 hours a day kind of thing. Basically if i'm pausing something on sky/netflix and its for more than 3/4 minutes i just turn the tv off and back on when i'm back in (i'm probably a bit overkill on it). OLED is unbelievable quality i cannot wait to see how good the PS5 looks on it.

On the VRR and slight flickering at 120hz i genuinely don't see it as an issue. What games are realistically going to be running at 120hz and even if they are will you even notice the flickering? maybe but i do know what you mean. If you are that nervous about it i'd wait for the B11/C11 or one of the other OLEDs but i have to say go oled your PS5 will thank you for it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Just on the LG OLED and burn in - i honestly don't think you need to worry about burn in once you are anyway careful with it. I have the C9 about 18 months (and a Samsung plasma for 5 years before it) and have gamed A LOT on it as well as sky sports on almost every day and movies etc. and i have no issue at all with burn in.

In saying that i would not leave a static image on the screen for more than a few minutes if possible - i'm talking about pausing Sky/netflix or having sky sports news on 8 hours a day kind of thing. Basically if i'm pausing something on sky/netflix and its for more than 3/4 minutes i just turn the tv off and back on when i'm back in (i'm probably a bit overkill on it). OLED is unbelievable quality i cannot wait to see how good the PS5 looks on it.

On the VRR and slight flickering at 120hz i genuinely don't see it as an issue. What games are realistically going to be running at 120hz and even if they are will you even notice the flickering? maybe but i do know what you mean. If you are that nervous about it i'd wait for the B11/C11 or one of the other OLEDs but i have to say go oled your PS5 will thank you for it

On my C9 when the screen has been paused on anything for over 3 minutes it automatically goes to screen saver mode. Handy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Looks like Smyths will be using a variety of couriers, Demon Souls is coming with Fastway, Godfall with DPD and the Pulse Headset with UPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,918 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I'd like to see someone do an actual analysis of the flickering, so we can see for ourselves how bad it is (it'll look worse in some games than it does in others obviously).

Also, as far as I know the issue is worse the further you go from 120Hz. So games outputting 60 FPS with VRR on will look worse than those hitting 120FPS.

On my C9 when the screen has been paused on anything for over 3 minutes it automatically goes to screen saver mode. Handy

The C9 has pixel-shifting as well, you really won't get burn-in unless you really try to do it on purpose.

Markitron wrote: »
    The C9 has pixel-shifting as well, you really won't get burn-in unless you really try to do it on purpose.
    Mine has this too but since I'm a picky old fart I don't trust it, just as easy to switch the TV off as it boots fairly fast :pac:. Nice as a backup though if I forget to do it.

Mine has this too but since I'm a picky old fart I don't trust it, just as easy to switch the TV off as it boots fairly fast :pac:. Nice as a backup though if I forget to do it.

There is absolutely zero reason to turn this off and every reason to leave it on, use both failsafe's!

Edit: Seems like you do leave it on? If so go ahead and ignore that first sentence.

Markitron wrote: »
    There is absolutely zero reason to turn this off and every reason to leave it on, use both failsafe's!

Edit: Seems like you do leave it on? If so go ahead and ignore that first sentence.

Yup I don't turn that specific feature off I leave it on, but if I know I'll be away from the TV more than 2-3 minutes I'll switch the tv into standby mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Panicked and pre ordered Spiderman Ultimate Edition there now as well!! Smyths will have a field day from me ha! Know day 1 will be all downloading for me so handy to have a physical game to get stuck into as I have the day booked off work and in fairness for the Remastered Spiderman, DLC and Miles Morales its good value.
    Edit: Crap it failed at checkout, looks like Spidey Ultimate Edition and Demons Souls are out of stock in Smyths. Thought they would have plenty of stock of games. Oh well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement