Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    what tv did you get? I want to get a new tv but I know feck all about TV's and I really couldn't be bothered researching. :D

Got this from Richersounds - https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204561-samsung-ue65tu7100-new-t-series-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-with-apple-tv-app.aspx

It’s unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Mr Blobby wrote: »

For bang for your buck, that TU7100 series will be very hard to beat. Gets some very favorable reviews for display when you consider the cost. It's not going to look as good as flagship models but its a very good TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

For bang for your buck, that TU7100 series will be very hard to beat. Gets some very favorable reviews for display when you consider the cost. It's not going to look as good as flagship models but its a very good TV.

Yeah I’ve zero compliments so far.
    Massive upgrade from a 42” 1080p

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

No web browser, bit silly from Sony removing basic features from this. Web browser was always handy for watching streams etc

https://www.techradar.com/news/the-ps5-doesnt-have-a-web-browser-like-the-ps4-heres-why

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

DeWitt wrote: »
    Miles Morales PS5 delivered from Smyths this morning. Hoping the console arrives a day early next week too!

Why not get the PS4 version? Could be playing it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

scottigael wrote: »
    No web browser, bit silly from Sony removing basic features from this. Web browser was always handy for watching streams etc

https://www.techradar.com/news/the-ps5-doesnt-have-a-web-browser-like-the-ps4-heres-why

Sony is missing a lot of features. I guess it the disadvantage of moving to a new interface. I think pandemic must have hit there dev efforts for the PS5 OS pretty hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

scottigael wrote: »

Opens the console to hacking, usually how the like of Geohotz and them lads have gotten into the PS3 & PS4

Hackers always find a back door through the web browser!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Fieldog wrote: »
    Opens the console to hacking, usually how the like of Geohotz and them lads have gotten into the PS3 & PS4

Xbox one/Series X have web browsers and they never got hacked whatsoever!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Fieldog wrote: »

There probably is a browser. The switch has one, but it isn't user accessible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Seems some have already gotten emails from Gamestop about their PS5 pre-orders, with preorder voucher equivalent in value to what has been paid down on the console already. Seems the emails started yesterday evening

I'm in the "first wave", and haven't received anything as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I did not know The Pathless was going to be a release title, it is done by the same people behind ABZÛ.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

What is the point of a Wishlist on the new store? Do you get notifications when it drops in price?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jaydrum22

Anyone recommend a new headset that isnt the pulse?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Why not get the PS4 version? Could be playing it now.
    Yeah, I have regrets.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

DeWitt wrote: »
    Miles Morales PS5 delivered from Smyths this morning. Hoping the console arrives a day early next week too!

I could be wrong but I would imagine Smyths will use couriers for the PS5 rather than An Post so whilst possible, I'd imagine they'll be using couriers to ensure delivery on release date. Breaking street date on games is one thing, consoles is different altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Seems some have already gotten emails from Gamestop about their PS5 pre-orders, with preorder voucher equivalent in value to what has been paid down on the console already. Seems the emails started yesterday evening

I'm in the "first wave", and haven't received anything as of yet.

So people are not getting what they ordered and cant get their money back.
    Absolute crooks.
    unbelievable..
    they deliberately took as much money as they could.
    Gamestop should be boycotted. FULLSTOP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Silly question. Do ye think they're will be enough ports for all the accessories? Seems a no brainer. Have a camera, headset and charger ordered.

wes wrote: »
    Sony is missing a lot of features. I guess it the disadvantage of moving to a new interface. I think pandemic must have hit there dev efforts for the PS5 OS pretty hard.
    I believe it hit them pretty bad, worse than MS. Not sure why exactly, maybe it is related to the geographics of key staff or something like that.

I'm aware of projects (non-gaming) which had weeks added on because of something as simple as one guy got stuck somewhere. Or vice versa, someone catching the last plane before lockdown and things would have gone downhill if he didn't.

Everything I have heard (not all public) is that it was plain sailing for MS, they went to production very early, had the OS up and running early etc. And that Sony came in very hot, skin of their teeth style. I don't think it's going to cause any problems but the PS5 OS is almost a beta, a lot of features still to be added.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Silly question. Do ye think they're will be enough ports for all the accessories? Seems a no brainer. Have a camera, headset and charger ordered.

Charger I'm sure is a 3pin plug. Saw unboxing videos with the US folks and they have 2 pin plugs so unlikely to need the type C port.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Yea there are 3 USB A ports and 1 USB C port

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

I could be wrong but I would imagine Smyths will use couriers for the PS5 rather than An Post so whilst possible, I'd imagine they'll be using couriers to ensure delivery on release date. Breaking street date on games is one thing, consoles is different altogether.

Think a few Xbox's arrived early from Smyths on Monday this week.

At the same time some people are still waiting for theirs to be delivered at all....

Smyths normally use DPD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Anyone reckon we might get them a day or two early?

Seems like I've been waiting years :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Anyone reckon we might get them a day or two early?

Seems like I've been waiting years :(

Doubt it well maybe some might say loads be on this and the pre order thread giving out about not getting it on launch day just look at xbox pre order thread. Some are still waiting but I think feels longer for them as some got it the day before release date. Have one from gamestop so that will be a delivered one so not sure when exactly I will get that and then collection in smyths so I will have that on launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Thought embargo's were meant to be up today given that it's releasing stateside tomorrow?

Would have expected to see stuff coming through by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Parsnips wrote: »
    So people are not getting what they ordered and cant get their money back.
    Absolute crooks.
    unbelievable..
    they deliberately took as much money as they could.
    Gamestop should be boycotted. FULLSTOP.

What are you talking about? The voucher is to allow you to pay the remaining balance off your pre-order online and select home delivery at check out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Thought embargo's were meant to be up today given that it's releasing stateside tomorrow?

Would have expected to see stuff coming through by now.

There's loads of info dumped today. Godfall reviews (mediocre across the board), PS Store news like the wishlist etc, Sackboy reviews etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭booterboy

Quick Question,does the PS5 Dualsense charging dock also charge the PS4 controller?
    Can't find anything online to say its compatible.Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Godfall reviews (mediocre across the board)

Knew it. Will wait for that one to drop in price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

booterboy wrote: »
    Quick Question,does the PS5 Dualsense charging dock also charge the PS4 controller?
    Can't find anything online to say its compatible.Thx

Doubt it, PS4 controller charges via micro usb and the PS5 one uses usb c.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement