Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Does everyone else's Amazon order say "Arriving Thursday". Hopeful then it will be delivered to Parcel Motel on Thursday and to me on Friday.

Otherwise, i'm guessing Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Does everyone else's Amazon order say "Arriving Thursday". Hopeful then it will be delivered to Parcel Motel on Thursday and to me on Friday.

Will most likely be over the weekend. UK postal service is in the toilet at the moment. If it gets to PM on launch day Id be hopeful to have it by Sunday as PM are rammed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

DeadWeight wrote: »
    Seen some say Smyths have charged for the console at least for UK anyway

Isn’t arriving until next week here seemingly so don’t think they’ll charge prior to that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

It is likely to be oversized, also depending on volume of parcels they get it might not get to Dublin till Friday and then if its oversized add another 1-2 working days for home delivery.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Isn’t arriving until next week here seemingly so don’t think they’ll charge prior to that

UK is same release day as us.

• Advertisement

dan786 wrote: »
    UK is same release day as us.

Yes, but I didn’t think stores were actually having stock until next week

Id be surprised if they charged prior to that point

Stock started coming in yesterday to retailers here in Ireland. It has been delivered to their distribution units, individual stores may not get them till early next week.

Stock started coming in yesterday to retailers here in Ireland. It has been delivered to their distribution units, individual stores may not get them till early next week.

Ah my mistake!

Cheers!

Could be charged any point then!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

To the Smyths warehouse!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭DeadWeight

Any1 in here get charged yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I know, it's because it uses an optical cable, which is why I'm annoyed that I spent 200 euro on it at the time, it's still that price 3 years later

You've gotten three years use out of it though. If it was me I'd stick it up on Adverts and try get €100-120 and buy yourself a new headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

My Gamestop Charge is pending the last 2 days in my bank account. Don't think they charge until dispatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I was charged Saturday night for my Series X. It's been shipped directly to a friend in Limerick because I managed to get him a pre-order. Amazon saying shipped but An Post tracking saying item not received yet.

I'd expect the same for my PS5 next week which is going to my brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TitianGerm wrote: »
    You've gotten three years use out of it though. If it was me I'd stick it up on Adverts and try get €100-120 and buy yourself a new headset.

I won't sell it because I still use it on other platforms religiously. If I buy a headset for the PS5 I wanna make sure it can be used on everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Not yet. Smyths said they'd charge between 2 and 7 days before release date though.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

I have a 2nd controller and 2 games sitting at home and no ps5..............................torture

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    Not yet. Smyths said they'd charge between 2 and 7 days before release date though.

Had to stop checking on my phone. Had nightmare about the website moving while im trying to check and accidentally hitting that big red CANCEL ORDER button :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Smyths just delivered mine !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

I got the controller today. It feels very sturdy and has the so called premium feel to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

s8n wrote: »
    Smyths just delivered mine !!!

Console?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Farrelk

Console?

The suspense is killing me

Farrelk wrote: »

I’ve irrationally gotten my hopes up now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Went got charging dock today Smyths in Tallaght was quick enough few people nothing major.

Have to laugh though while I was waiting an old woman came in wanted to return something for repair.

It was a jigsaw hahaha. They just gave her a new one. The joys of retail!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

doubt it's the console, they'd be sent via courier and would have gotten a tracking number. the fact none of us have gotten charged yet either sheds more doubt on it. don't hold your breath all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

No way is it the console has anyone even had money taken yet from Smyths for it?

doubt it's the console, they'd be sent via courier and would have gotten a tracking number. the fact none of us have gotten charged yet either sheds more doubt on it. don't hold your breath all.

Exactly. But it was just the faintest glimmer of hope that consumed me!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

jones wrote: »
    No way is it the console has anyone even had money taken yet from Smyths for it?

not yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Rx713B wrote: »
    not yet

FREE CONSOLES CONFIRMED

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Farrelk wrote: »

I think the fact that he didn't respond means he's enjoying the console :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭DeadWeight

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement