Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭DeadWeight

Klair88 wrote: »
    Games and accessories. No consoles.

They've been taking payment for the consoles from today at least on the UK side

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

Evilbart wrote: »
    Just checked it out for you as I had one in front of me.It is a completely different connection and as I suspected does not work for DualShock 4.

Thanks for checking! Might hold off for the moment until they release more DualSense colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Oh I'm definitely waiting for the black Dualsense and black covers, I'll trade in the white one then. Don't need 2.

I also hope the raised symbols on the controller don't trap dirt, or are at least easy to clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

I also hope the raised symbols on the controller don't trap dirt, or are at least easy to clean.

They're not that raised to be honest and you can barely notice them

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Oh I'm definitely waiting for the black Dualsense and black covers, I'll trade in the white one then. Don't need 2.

Don't think it will be an issue. Had to get the macro lens for the phone to even see them. It just looks like a slightly porous surface

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

No charge on my account from Smyths yet.

Getting my 11 year old the PS5 and Miles Morales. Are there any accessories I should be picking up lads?

I let my PS Plus run out but will wait and see if it drops anywhere on Black Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Finished Miles, not keeping my PS5. It's stunning on the PS4 as is, don't need to waste 500 quid for it. So will be selling for retail.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Finished Miles, not keeping my PS5. It's stunning on the PS4 as is, don't need to waste 500 quid for it. So will be selling for retail.

Enjoy the mountain of PMs buddy. Try to find somebody who wants it for themselves, not to flip for profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

If you're based in Galway I'd gladly take it off ya

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

You have a PS5 already?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

One of the strangest posts I think I've read.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

madmoe wrote: »
    You have a PS5 already?

Thanks

I think Ian means he's played through MM already and he's happy enough with it on PS4 so he doesn't see the point in spending €500 on a PS5 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭BalboBiggins

petes wrote: »
    One of the strangest posts I think I've read.

Being familiar with Ian, he’s almost certainly doing it for attention. But if not, try to give it to a regular on the gaming forum who will actually use it.

There's an entire thread for people looking for cancelled preorders, best to post in there or go through the list from first onwards to be fair.

Or, do whatever you want with it and don't be coerced into doing something you don't want to do. Either option is valid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Its actually crazy the prices people are willing to pay. I do wonder if some of those Ebay listing are genuine or are the sellers bumping there own bids?

There's an entire thread for people looking for cancelled preorders, best to post in there or go through the list from first onwards to be fair.

Or, do whatever you want with it and don't be coerced into doing something you don't want to do. Either option is valid.

Do you have a link to that thread?

Thanks,
    M

True. I just saw the post and thought of wow, I'd love it. But not badly in need. Like I'll be happy whenever I get it. Actually enjoying the New controller on the Ps3 at the moment ha ha

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Its actually crazy the prices people are willing to pay. I do wonder if some of those Ebay listing are genuine or are the sellers bumping there own bids?

I deffo wouldnt buy any over the retail price. Not gonna be giving any of them ppl extra money. Only encourages them to do more. Not fair on ppl who are desperate need of them for their kids. Not fair at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

The thread is actually locked

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

That screenshot to me is this gen in a nutshell,im really glad Sony and in fairness MS have addressed the biggest annoyance with consoles for me in the last few years.

Copying phase after downloads and load times in games were getting obnoxious and just a general lack of snappy UI

Both new consoles are light years ahead in that sense which to me alone is worth the upgrade.

Who knows when I'll get one but I'm actually happy to wait a bit to get an all back console,preferably with red glowy lights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Dont fall for this. He was giving out about people scalping few months back and then bought the exact same item and put it up on Adverts for over retail to make a profit. He is just an attention seeker.

dan786 wrote: »
    Dont fall for this. He was giving out about people scalping few months back and then bought the exact same item and put it up on Adverts for over retail to make a profit. He is just an attention seeker.

It's add to ignore list time! :cool:

Didn't realise the thread was closed, but makes sense.
    EoinHef wrote: »
    Copying phase after downloads and load times in games were getting obnoxious and just a general lack of snappy UI

I'm playing through Jedi: Fallen Order on PS4 for the first time (because it's finally in EA Play), and while not the worst, it takes a good while to actually resume your save, and the loading between sections/after death can be slow too. I'm so looking forward to instant gaming, but only if everyone takes on the Dead Cells approach and let's me skip all the intro screens and get to the actual game!

dan786 wrote: »

Thanks for that Dan. Didn't realise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

For anyone who claims I was making a profit or want attention HA, that's total and utter BS. I bought 2 Cyberpunk consoles and sold them for RETAIL! Go look at my sold listings, the buyers and the feedback they left. People just wanna see the bad in people. I have bought lots of things that were the "in" thing and sold them for retail if I could get them. I don't need money or care about money so nothing is to "make money" as the haters will say.

I've said my piece. F you to the haters, I can't see what they post as their all blocked, the PS5 has dibs by someone who PM'd me, FOR THE PRICE I PAID.

Anyways, for anyone excited for MM it's a fantastic game, I completed it earlier %100 and it was a great story.

Edit: I wan't attention? Yeah the last thing I want is attention, don't PM regarding my PS5. It's gone, if they guy doesn't pay it'll be on adverts next week. My post wasn't to drum up interest or promote a sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Payment taken by gamestop for the PS5! It's going to be a long week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not seen this mentioned anywhere yet.

The M.2 drive slot isn't limited to the more common sized ones, while there's screw holes for all the more normal sizes they also do for 110mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

On 1440p.

MSI announced some of their existing monitors can accept and downscale a 4k source for the 1440p monitors rather than having to take a 1080p and upscale. Native is better, but downscaling it better than upscaling.

Other manufactures are listed as working but that just getting compiled by users.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

blaa85 wrote: »
    Payment taken by gamestop for the PS5! It's going to be a long week.

Yep....here as well. Digital model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Yeah payment taken for 2 x PS5 from Gamestop. I didnt think it will come through so ordered from Smyths as backup also.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement