Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Picked up my disc version console today (Amazon Australia) and it’s a beast size wise! The graphics are stunning (I’ve a 27” curved monitor) and I like the feel of the controller a lot. Diving into COD and FIFA over the next few days, Christmas came early :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

People are starting to get the consoles now. I think I'll bow out until I have mine, i've avoided all the features videos, I prefer to discover these things myself with new tech, and after a while I'll check if I missed anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

GameStop.ie just processed my payment through PayPal.
    It's getting exciting!
    What day did GameStop deliver Xboxes this week? We're they on time and was it a courier?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Smyths have taken the money - it’s happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jaydrum22

Click and collect or delivered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

jaydrum22 wrote: »
    Click and collect or delivered?

Delivery.

I missed my chance for click and collect so I had to settle, but with everything happening I’m happier it’ll just be sent to me.

No email with tracking link yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

For shipping orders I'd say. Nothing on my CC for my store collection anyway.

On the SSD. Yes you can see a video where a guy adds an m.2 and the firmware, right now at least, rejects anything in that slot. I used to spec systems and Servers, companies frequently list compatible items but there's way more thst actually work because they cannot test them all.

Example Supermicro servers. They list items that work, small lists and handily enough they sell those items eh. So if an M.2 with compatible speeds fits in there it should work. Once Sony unlocks the slot, with a software patch, then people will be able to start testing.

Demand will rise, supply will rise , prices will come down. Example a good drive is an Samsung 850 Evo/Pro but they're mad money. Personally I'd prefer to reinstall a game everytime for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Got email saying payment failed for Smyths ordered. They tried to take payment from my revolut card which I had used for initial pre Order. Odd thing is, I had updated the card details to different account a few days later and even though it checked the card, it still had original card details. Updated with new card details and money taken straight away. So if anybody changed payment details, payment might fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I wonder will smyths ship early to deal with delayed post? Might work out well for some of ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,874 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Any one know of there is a difference to the playstation plus collection titles? If I have god of war digital on my ps4 and transfer it over is it the same version in the ps5 offer? Or does the ps5 collection version have a higher frame rate, for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Tom1991

Got email saying payment failed for Smyths ordered. They tried to take payment from my revolut card which I had used for initial pre Order. Odd thing is, I had updated the card details to different account a few days later and even though it checked the card, it still had original card details. Updated with new card details and money taken straight away. So if anybody changed payment details, payment might fail.
    About what time mine was the same boat but no email yet pre order with Revolut but changed to credit card

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Any one know of there is a difference to the playstation plus collection titles? If I have god of war digital on my ps4 and transfer it over is it the same version in the ps5 offer? Or does the ps5 collection version have a higher frame rate, for example.
    I believe they're the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭DeadWeight

Got nothing on my side yet hopefully soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I edited my payment details on my delivery pre order, as I couldn't remember at the time if I had entered my Revolut or regular card details, so I changed it and entered the regular card details just to be sure. Nothing taken from my account yet but I haven't had a rejection email either. Got the remote delivered this week with no problems on the same card.

Going to be flat out checking my account and emails now until I see something!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

shrewdness wrote: »
    I edited my payment details on my delivery pre order, as I couldn't remember at the time if I had entered my Revolut or regular card details, so I changed it and entered the regular card details just to be sure. Nothing taken from my account yet but I haven't had a rejection email either. Got the remote delivered this week with no problems on the same card.

Going to be flat out checking my account and emails now until I see something!

Even if it gets rejected, you have 24 hours to update payment details.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Smyths took my money and I got my ready for dispatch email. Nearly there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Smyths took my money and I got my ready for dispatch email. Nearly there!

Payment taken for mine too. Who is delivering yours?

Payment taken for mine too. Who is delivering yours?

DPD. Not sure if that's good or bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

I got games and accessories from Smyths twice this week and both delivered by DPD. Took one day for delivery after shipping notification and both items got a delivery slot of 14.15-15.15 and I’m south Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Payment pending popped up in my card but no delivery email received :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

I am using my Revolut also, have enough money on card for order, but unsure if I should change payment details :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

I find DPD good. I haven’t gotten a delivery email yet but I got a text from DHL last night with tracking number. No idea if DHL are any good. Have never used them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

DPD for me as well, not exactly happy about it as I don't find them very reliable. Anyway, only thing left to do is wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Update. My Smyths accessories(Controller and Charging station), with An Post, were delivered this morning. Other years An Post would be Saturdays later in the month and in December but obviously being so busy they're ramping up deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

DPD lad lives in my estate. He usually packed the van at night then delivers stuff early to me. Happy out.

All I need now is for them to charge my card and send me an email :pac:

DPD lad lives in my estate. He usually packed the van at night then delivers stuff early to me. Happy out.

All I need now is for them to charge my card and send me an email :pac:

A van full of PS5s parked outside someone’s house at night. What could possibly go wrong 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Paul MCM wrote: »
    A van full of PS5s parked outside someone’s house at night. What could possibly go wrong 😂

I live in the country. There will be one in that van and it’s well covered by cctv.

I live in the country. There will be one in that van and it’s well covered by cctv.[/quote

Fair enough

I find DPD good. I haven’t gotten a delivery email yet but I got a text from DHL last night with tracking number. No idea if DHL are any good. Have never used them before.

Any idea what DPD are like for changing address or picking up from a depot? I moved since placing my order and Smyths wouldn't let me change it. Torn between hanging out near the old address and waiting for the call or trying to change it.

• Advertisement

Any idea what DPD are like for changing address or picking up from a depot? I moved since placing my order and Smyths wouldn't let me change it. Torn between hanging out near the old address and waiting for the call or trying to change it.

You can manage your delivery once they email you to say it’s out for delivery. I think it gives you the option to change your delivery address then. Not sure hanging around the old address would work even if you have ID when they try and deliver.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement