Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Payment taken for my digital console from Gamestop

Would be great if they sent a little early to deal with the slow post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Paul MCM wrote: »
    You can manage your delivery once they email you to say it’s out for delivery. I think it gives you the option to change your delivery address then. Not sure hanging around the old address would work even if you have ID when they try and deliver.

Thanks. Yeah I can see how waiting outside sounds mental now i read it back but it's an apartment building, they always call to meet outside, and the driver knows me so it would probably be grand. Still would rather just get it changed if I can though so I'll give that a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Thanks. Yeah I can see how waiting outside sounds mental now i read it back but it's an apartment building, they always call to meet outside, and the driver knows me so it would probably be grand. Still would rather just get it changed if I can though so I'll give that a go.

If the driver knows you and they ring for you to come down that would work. Maybe ring DPD and asked them for advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

dan786 wrote: »
    Yeah payment taken for 2 x PS5 from Gamestop. I didnt think it will come through so ordered from Smyths as backup also.

You've got 4 now, so we buy one for retail value from you?

I'll take one if you're willing to sell

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Nothing yet for me from smyths. I ordered about 2 hours after their preorders went live :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Nothing yet for me from smyths. I ordered about 2 hours after their preorders went live :(

Same, my order was processed at 23.59 on the night they were first released.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭DeadWeight

I ordered at like 11:23pm and still nothing welcome to the club

DeadWeight wrote: »

For delivery or click and collect?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭DeadWeight

Paul MCM wrote: »
    For delivery or click and collect?

Delivery ordered on the 16th September

Delivery ordered on the 16th September

I’d they say they are working through them all. Smyths have guaranteed all preorders as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Same as, disc version?

petes wrote: »
    Same as, disc version?

Yup disc version ordered at Sep 16, 2020 11:57 PM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

So anyone who's had money taken for Smyths delivery, have they all been digital editions so far? If so that would make me feel a bit better about having heard nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Smyths have guaranteed all preorders abd it’s not out for the next party if a week, no need to panic yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

shrewdness wrote: »
    So anyone who's had money taken for Smyths delivery, have they all been digital editions so far? If so that would make me feel a bit better about having heard nothing yet.

Mine is digital and they took payment. I also ordered a disc version for my brother 5 mins after my order and that hasn't been taken yet so I'd imagine they have just processed the digital versions first.

It could be that Smyths have received the shipment of digital playstations and are just waiting for the disc versions to arrive before processing early next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

I ordered at 11.19pm and still nothing either :D Delivery and disc version

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Mine is digital and I was charged, but no email yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Mine was digital, also charged. Must be going through those first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Mine is digital and they took payment. I also ordered a disc version for my brother 5 mins after my order and that hasn't been taken yet so I'd imagine they are have just processed the digital versions first.

It could be that Smyths have received the shipment of digital playstations and are just waiting for the disc versions to arrive before processing early next week.

Yeah makes sense, does look like it's all digital that money's been taken for so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

Hi All I’m a ‘Dad’ looking to get a PS5 for son. I missed the initial preorder. Is there any hope of getting one ordered on official release on the 19th. If so what is the best course of action. Does anyone know what smyths, Currys are doing in relation to taking orders? Is it a midnight job on the 18th. Any advice welcome.

Not holding out much hope but thought I’d try those in the know.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

sean72 wrote: »
    Hi All I’m a ‘Dad’ looking to get a PS5 for son. I missed the initial preorder. Is there any hope of getting one ordered on official release on the 19th. If so what is the best course of action. Does anyone know what smyths, Currys are doing in relation to taking orders? Is it a midnight job on the 18th. Any advice welcome.

IF, argos get them, they're your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Dpd have a new driver on route for me, old one we were getting delivery in afternoon but the new lad is usually around or before 9.

Hopefully new isn't off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭RoryMac

sean72 wrote: »

Unlikely to get one on the 19th I think but Smyths have said on twitter they expect another delivery early in Dec so would imagine other outlets will be the same. I think Curry's had preorders too so probably no extra stock for 19th.

I'd say 2 or 3 days after the 19th some might become available with people not completing their orders but best to keep an eye on the threads here and on Twitter for the main retailers for announcements

Got my dispatch email with tracking number just now

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Got my dispatch email with tracking number just now

Wow, dpd is fast so you might have it Monday

LeeroyJ. wrote: »

I think they are just creating the tracking numbers and won’t ship until Wednesday

I’d say the email is sent as the label is printed off. Dpd may not collect it until Monday or even Wednesday.

Don’t go getting my hopes up :pac:

I’d say it’ll be dispatched on Wednesday for a Thursday pickup. Boo-urns

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Don’t go getting my hopes up :pac:

I’d say it’ll be dispatched on Wednesday for a Thursday pickup. Boo-urns

Ye there is zero chance we will have it before Wednesday. I have a tracking number for DHL express that says delivery scheduled for Monday but I think it's just the label being created. It will be updated on Monday I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Ye there is zero chance we will have it before Wednesday. I have a tracking number for DHL express that says delivery scheduled for Monday but I think it's just the label being created. It will be updated on Monday I'd say.

Won't stop you checking the tracking a million times though :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement