Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

blaa85 wrote: »
    Gamestop shipped both my controller and Demons Souls on Tuesday night. Both scanned / sorted at the same time, but only controller was delivered this morning, (game still at sorting).

I'm praying the console ships first thing Monday morning!

Agreed! - My Gamestop gear arrived yesterday so Shipped Tuesday - arrived Friday...

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Anyone experiencing delays with Parcel Motel?

Ordered the MM ultimate edition and it was shipped on the 10th. No word that it’s even checked into the PM Dublin depot.

Also possible issue is I ordered from Base and I’ve always had them deliver late, but if it shipped on the 10th you’d think there’d be sign of it by now. Just worried it won’t arrive by launch day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just got ready for dispatch email from Smyths, only a few days to go.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Just got charged for my DISC PS5 from Smyths!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

rm212 wrote: »

Me too on my Revolut. Now just to wait :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Me too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Anyone with Smyths Click and Collect been charged yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Same.

It’s happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Wing126 wrote: »

From their email:
    ‘Please note that the value of your Pre-Order will be pre-authorised on your card on the release date’

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Wing126 wrote: »

I think click and collect won’t be charged until Tuesday or Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Just been charged for disc edition delivery from Smyths too!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,178 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Where can I order this now? Its for Christmas for my teenager.

To thine own self be true

Keep an eye on here, Smyths website and Twitter for stock becoming available

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Eh... best of luck with that. You're going to have some trouble finding one this side of Christmas unless you want to pay double from scalpers. You needed to preorder about two months ago to secure one for launch and they were sold out in a couple of hours pretty much. You just might get lucky with the likes of Argos though, not sure if they took pre-orders at all. Just keep a close eye on it constantly and you might get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The way things are going, we'll hit 10,000 posts and a new thread will be needed before the console even launches here!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭DeadWeight

Yep I finally got charged just gotta pray we get bug free systems on launch I bet people are missing them stability updates now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Got email saying payment failed for Smyths ordered. They tried to take payment from my revolut card which I had used for initial pre Order. Odd thing is, I had updated the card details to different account a few days later and even though it checked the card, it still had original card details. Updated with new card details and money taken straight away. So if anybody changed payment details, payment might fail.

Mine's the same, updated and they took payment but haven't gotten a further email :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,178 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Eh... best of luck with that. You're going to have some trouble finding one this side of Christmas unless you want to pay double from scalpers. You needed to preorder about two months ago to secure one for launch and they were sold out in a couple of hours pretty much. You just might get lucky with the likes of Argos though, not sure if they took pre-orders at all. Just keep a close eye on it constantly and you might get one.

Thanks, he's pretty laid back so maybe he won't mind it until new year. He has a 4 anyway to keep him going.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Are people getting the courier email ones who ordered on September 25th?

I ordered a digital editionthen, transaction is pending, but no delivery email yet

I had 2 pre orders one for my son in Smyths, disc version, preorder 16th September, payment is pending with AIB but no email yet, has everyone got an email?

I had another with gamestop I was going to use for my nephew but got confirmation yesterday that would not be in the launch batch, so I will be keeping an eye on here for him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

Is it only the ones being shipped out that Smyth's have taken payment for? I'm click and collect and they haven't taken anything

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

Anyone else open their Dualsense controller? I think mine has been open or manufacture mishap because it was shaking around in the box when it arrived and it didn't come in a protective bag like I seen in the unboxings. Can someone else confirm if they got it in the protective bag please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Liamo_mu wrote: »
    Is it only the ones being shipped out that Smyth's have taken payment for? I'm click and collect and they haven't taken anything

For anything I've pre-ordered for click and collect the money is taken out of my account the day before and I get a text once the store closes the day before to say it's ready for pickup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

VizardAnto wrote: »
    Anyone else open their Dualsense controller? I think mine has been open or manufacture mishap because it was shaking around in the box when it arrived and it didn't come in a protective bag like I seen in the unboxings. Can someone else confirm if they got it in the protective bag please :)

I bought one yesterday and it was in a wee bag.

VizardAnto wrote: »

I got one during the week and it was in a bag inside the box. See if it works next week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Liamo_mu wrote: »

Won’t take that until Wednesday night usually

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

As close as I'll get to setting up my stuff till Thursday. Kind of feels heavier but you can't see the playstation design in the controller. You'd really need a high quality zoom on a camera to see it.

Also with ikea furniture the two stations sit neatly together. Yay

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Hype :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

They will go out Monday if not already. They always try to get them delivered on launch day. They won't wait until Wednesday to ship and risk it getting delayed through the couriers. I reckon people will start getting them from Monday onward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

No charge on my credit card yet, but I have no options to cancel/change details on the order via the Smyths website anymore.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement