Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    They will go out Monday if not already. They always try to get them delivered on launch day. They won't wait until Wednesday to ship and risk it getting delayed through the couriers. I reckon people will start getting them from Monday onward.

Did that happen with the Xbox?

Now that it’s actually launched around the world they may not care about breaking the street date as much

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Tom1991

wes wrote: »
    No charge on my credit card yet, but I have no options to cancel/change details on the order via the Smyths website anymore.

Same boat here for me I pre ordered a disc based one but no sign of A charge or email yet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Tom1991 wrote: »
    Same boat here for me I pre ordered a disc based one but no sign of A charge or email yet

I am not too worried, for my headset and controller, I got charged the same day the controller was delivered and the day before for the headset. I imagine it will be similar for the PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

Just got an email saying my PS5 is arriving the 17th! A nice surprise...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Updated card details for a C&C preorder.. lost other one!
    Assuming it should cause any issues?

Anyone else here updated payment at any point?

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Updated card details for a C&C preorder.. lost other one!
    Assuming it should cause any issues?

Anyone else here updated payment at any point?

Cheers!
    How were u able to update details? Brothers pre order payment card was declined, they sent him a text message to say they sent him an email with the update link, but he hasnt got access to the email address. Looks like we may lose this.

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    How were u able to update details? Brothers pre order payment card was declined, they sent him a text message to say they sent him an email with the update link, but he hasnt got access to the email address. Looks like we may lose this.

I needed the email I placed the order through.
    Sent me an update link and was able to do the payment details from there

Anyone who’s updated the payment prior been given any info?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,280 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I needed the email I placed the order through.
    Sent me an update link and was able to do the payment details from there

Anyone who’s updated the payment prior been given any info?

Could you take a look at the payment update link for him? Perhaps it's not complicated to change it to direct to his pre-order. Slim chance but it might be..

It could be something simple like
    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/paymentupdate/order/ORDERID

Meaning he could just add in his brother's order ID and it would take him to his order to update the info.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Could you take a look at the payment update link for him? Perhaps it's not complicated to change it to direct to his pre-order. Slim chance but it might be..

It could be something simple like
    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/paymentupdate/order/ORDERID

Meaning he could just add in his brother's order ID and it would take him to his order to update the info.

No such luck, following the smyths url it’s random numbers and letters with no ref to the order number

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

JackCDSt wrote: »
    Just got an email saying my PS5 is arriving the 17th! A nice surprise...

Where did you order from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,280 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

No such luck, following the smyths url it’s random numbers and letters with no ref to the order number

It's like this one I have on my Smyths account for my click & collect order I guess. No good to anyone except the account it is linked to. :(

[HTML]https://www.smythstoys.com/preorder-payment/process?token=TOKEN[/HTML]

Only option is to try calling Smyths customer service @ Damo. Calling your local store might actually be better than any head office.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

I ordered in the second batch of pre-orders i think from Smyths, nothing yet! Exciting though that its starting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Just got a tracking number from UPS for the PS5 from Smyths to Galway. Was happy out to be getting it on Thursday so any earlier is a great bonus.

Oat23 wrote: »
    It's like this one I have on my Smyths account for my click & collect order I guess. No good to anyone except the account it is linked to. :(

[HTML]https://www.smythstoys.com/preorder-payment/process?token=TOKEN[/HTML]

Only option is to try calling Smyths customer service @ Damo. Calling your local store might actually be better than any head office.

Just off the phone with staff in Blanch, extremely helpful. Not a lot they can do at the store level, but understood what was wrong and are passing it to customer service in head office at the moment. Really hoping we can get this sorted.

In the gmail acc he cant access, there are a lot more important stuff than a PS5 order (impossible :pac: ) so hoping we can get that back too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Just got my dispatch email from Smyths, being delivered by DPD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

VizardAnto wrote: »
    Anyone else open their Dualsense controller? I think mine has been open or manufacture mishap because it was shaking around in the box when it arrived and it didn't come in a protective bag like I seen in the unboxings. Can someone else confirm if they got it in the protective bag please :)

I bought one from Smyths this week, no bag. Just loose inside its own sealed box. It also wasn't in anyway secured inside its box but you'd nearly need a degree to get the box open, had me struggling for a fair while :D

Anyone experiencing delays with Parcel Motel?

Ordered the MM ultimate edition and it was shipped on the 10th. No word that it’s even checked into the PM Dublin depot.

Also possible issue is I ordered from Base and I’ve always had them deliver late, but if it shipped on the 10th you’d think there’d be sign of it by now. Just worried it won’t arrive by launch day :(

Yes, took them 4 days to get me a parcel that they received on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Also got my tracking with DPD. Smyths are looking mighty efficient compared to everyone else. Top notch service so far tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Probably getting ahead of myself here but has anyone's tracking updated yet? Mine is still showing as an invalid tracking number.

• Advertisement

Probably getting ahead of myself here but has anyone's tracking updated yet? Mine is still showing as an invalid tracking number.

Normally takes 24 hours after getting those tracking ids updated. Since it's weekend. I imagine you'll have an update on Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-11-14-ps5-users-may-be-playing-the-ps4-version-of-call-of-duty-black-ops-cold-war-by-mistake

Something to keep an eye on guys, could potentially download the wrong version of a game!

rm212 wrote: »
    Also got my tracking with DPD. Smyths are looking mighty efficient compared to everyone else. Top notch service so far tbh.

Very happy with how Smyths have been handling it. Only complaint is being unable to change an order from C&C to Delivery.

It helps that they, A) Didn't take more pre-orders than they could fulfill and B) have their warehouse in Ireland so stock will ship/be delivered on time.

Doesn't look like Smyth's will be in contact with us today, so the 24hrs will have lapsed on the payments. Doubtful that he will get the pre order now, it's a shame but should have just changed the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

Do Smyths click and collect folks have to wait til 19th, or is their any hope of collecting before then?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Do Smyths click and collect folks have to wait til 19th, or is their any hope of collecting before then?

No hope id imagine but God I hope I'm wrong haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

No hope I'm afraid. One thing them 'miscalculating' postal delivery times and them arriving early. Another them wilfully breaking street date out of the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭McFly85

Pending transaction on the card but no tracking number or anything yet. Starting to get hyped!

The only question is Demon Souls, Spider-Man or both?!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

DPD may or may not pick it up. May not pick it up till Tuesday. You will only know if somebody posts up a screenshot showing it on the move.

If they did hit Athlone tonight, think they ship from Carlow(both my orders came from Carlow this week) then Monday deliveries for all.

Amazon do it as well. Same with sellers in China. They can get tracking numbers before even handing it over.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

McFly85 wrote: »
    Pending transaction on the card but no tracking number or anything yet. Starting to get hyped!

The only question is Demon Souls, Spider-Man or both?!

I have both games already staring at me. The pain of waiting

• Advertisement

From reading the emails people posted last week from Smyths they said the tracking numbers would be issued when the courier is assigned but the consoles would not be given to them until Wednesday for delivery on Thursday.

Saying that though I hope you all get them early :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement