Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Amazon is now allowing change of address to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

.G. wrote: »
    From reading the emails people posted last week from Smyths they said the tracking numbers would be issued when the courier is assigned but the consoles would not be given to them until Wednesday for delivery on Thursday.

Saying that though I hope you all get them early :D

I'd say there's no chance they'll be here before Thursday. Doesn't stop me checking the tracking every couple of hours though.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

dan786 wrote: »
    Amazon is now allowing change of address to Ireland.

What is the estimated delivery date? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Yeah payment taken for 2 x PS5 from Gamestop. I didnt think it will come through so ordered from Smyths as backup also.

I'll take it as a no then, that you won't sell 1 if your 4 at retail to people here

Evilbart wrote: »
    What is the estimated delivery date? Thanks

21st-24th November and price goes up by about £4 due to VAT

Better then going to Parcel Motel in my opinion as they definitely will be oversized.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Better then going to Parcel Motel in my opinion as they definitely will be oversized.

Yeah same date as mine.I wonder why I can’t upgrade to priority delivery as a prime member.Hopefully they ship them on the Wednesday at least.

I ordered a dual sense from them Thursday and got it Friday.

Those with Smyths that got a DPD tracking, you will be waiting a few days before they even pick it up. Remember ordering a switch few weeks back took DPD two days to pick up and then another 2 days to delivered. That was when the postal services were not this bad.

Evilbart wrote: »
    Yeah same date as mine.I wonder why I can’t upgrade to priority delivery as a prime member.Hopefully they ship them on the Wednesday at least.

I ordered a dual sense from them Thursday and got it Friday.

Hoping the same. All my parcels are now delivered directly by Amazon Logistics so hoping to have it quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

I think i will stick with PM. Hopefully will get ot over the weekend. Already accepted the additional fee

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

If all the lazy feckers getting there's delivered get it earlier than the click and collect gang ill be raging :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Can anyone explain how game share works? I can't seem to wrap my head around it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I'd say there's no chance they'll be here before Thursday. Doesn't stop me checking the tracking every couple of hours though.

I'd absolutely be the same! I'm C+C so I'm checking the banking app frequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That platestation site, or whatever it's called now, is also selling skins, so maybe they'll say the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Those with Smyths that got a DPD tracking, you will be waiting a few days before they even pick it up. Remember ordering a switch few weeks back took DPD two days to pick up and then another 2 days to delivered. That was when the postal services were not this bad.

Yep, same when I have been ordering coffee. The roasters would have it ready on a Tuesday morning first thing, sometimes not collected until Thursday afternoon. Hoping that they treat these orders with a bit more urgency

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

iamtony wrote: »
    If all the lazy feckers getting there's delivered get it earlier than the click and collect gang ill be raging :D

Would have been great if Smyths opened at 6am instead of 8. Think a few shops in America opened at 6.

Paul MCM wrote: »
    Would have been great if Smyths opened at 6am instead of 8. Think a few shops in America opened at 6.
    That would be nice to help keep the ques down alright but I will be leaving it till towards the end of the day myself anyway.

That would be nice to help keep the ques down alright but I will be leaving it till towards the end of the day myself anyway.

Going to get mine at 8am, hopefully not to much of a queue

Will be 4pm ish for me when I'm done in work. Hopefully all will be calm by then but when I collected MM this week I was in and out in less than 2 minutes at 11am so hopefully more of that. They had one counter for PS5 stuff, three counters open for everything else and a lad at the door checking what everyone was there for and directing them. Worked well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,916 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Unfortunately, I'm more interested in a skin for the main body, i.e. the shiny black plastic bit.

Edit: From the OG reddit thread, it looks like they were able to make a skin for the centre piece okay, but reckon they won't sell enough to make it worth their while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

.G. wrote: »
    I'd absolutely be the same! I'm C+C so I'm checking the banking app frequently.

C+C won’t be until the night before

Yeah I know. Still checking though :D

I might do a drive by after I do the school run and if its not bad I'll get it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

I might do a drive by after I do the school run and if its not bad I'll get it then.

Hopefully I’ll maki it back before I have to pick the kids up. Ideally would be great to get some play time in while they’re out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Until you get a call. "where are you? We've been waiting 2 hours and you haven't been answering your phone!"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

According to email I got last week for peripherals store opens at 9am, 8am would be better, get in before parents drop off their kids and go shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

How many do you think your store is getting at all? I don't think it will be like Penney's opening after lockdown.

Maybe my store get 20, maybe 50 maybe 100. No idea. Anybody ask their local store recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

F1ngers wrote: »
    According to email I got last week for peripherals store opens at 9am, 8am would be better, get in before parents drop off their kids and go shopping.

They can't go shopping. It's click n collect. They'd have to go home or order from their phones and await a collection email. Unless they've ordered the night before.

For most parents that I see shopping with and without kids they don't surface till after 10am any day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

They sent me an email about my preorder that says 8am even though the store website says 9am for usual hours.

• Advertisement

Got this from Smyths last week

You will receive a ready for collection email and SMS when your order is ready for collection. Our stores will be open for collection from 8am on launch day - Thursday 19th November.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement