Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Berty wrote: »
    They can't go shopping. It's click n collect. They'd have to go home or order from their phones and await a collection email. Unless they've ordered the night before.

For most parents that I see shopping with and without kids they don't surface till after 10am any day of the week.

Meant c and c.
    lertsnim wrote: »
    They sent me an email about my preorder that says 8am even though the store website says 9am for usual hours.

Email and website say 9am.

EDIT:
    Found that it's 8am in the console email.
    Paul MCM wrote: »
    Got this from Smyths last week

You will receive a ready for collection email and SMS when your order is ready for collection. Our stores will be open for collection from 8am on launch day - Thursday 19th November.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

F1ngers wrote: »

Must be dependant on the store so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Meant c and c.

My email says 8am too. Maybe they don't like you :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

lertsnim wrote: »
    Must be dependant on the store so.

My mistake, on the console preorder email it say opening at 8am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Ah, early adopters. Suckers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Wing126 wrote: »

One the few benefits of getting the machine a week later is that the Americans can be our guinea pigs!

Theirs always gonna be a few bugs like this early days which they can iron out. I aint gonna stress over stuff you can avoid. If something unavoidable appears different story! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

My PS4 has been giving me trouble with rest mode for a while now. Always has issues turning back on so I need to turn it off at the plug which causes a database rebuild each time. Taken to just turning it off completely nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Berty wrote: »
    They can't go shopping. It's click n collect. They'd have to go home or order from their phones and await a collection email. Unless they've ordered the night before.

For most parents that I see shopping with and without kids they don't surface till after 10am any day of the week.

8am would be the best time to collect. Most parents will be surfacing after 9.30 or so as they’ll do the school run first and then go to collect.

My wife is going to get my son’s but it’ll be after the 9.20 school run.

Will be a hard 5/6 weeks locking it away until 25th December!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Cristobaal

My account has been charged today morning. Order date 25th Sep. I'm waiting for email with the tracking number :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Money taken from my account by Smyths! It's really happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

I have a PS5 disc preordered and a PS4 Pro already. I want to play co-op withy my son on both systems with new COD.

Do I just buy the PS5 Digital version so we can play together on both systems?

Is the official store the best bet or any digital code sites make a saving?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Got my tracking number from DPD for disc ps5 ordered from smyths. I’m guessing they’ll pick it up Monday and should have it Tuesday~

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Intu

Are we guaranteed a PS5 with our smyths pre orders? I've had mine preordered since September and have my confirmation email for click and collect. Only thing is I finish nights on Thursday morning so it will be around 9.30 before I can make the store and collect the console!

Do I need to try get out early to be there for 8am or do you think I will be safe enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Intu wrote: »
    Are we guaranteed a PS5 with our smyths pre orders? I've had mine preordered since September and have my confirmation email for click and collect. Only thing is I finish nights on Thursday morning so it will be around 9.30 before I can make the store and collect the console!

Do I need to try get out early to be there for 8am or do you think I will be safe enough?

If you have a confirmed pre-order with Smyths then it is guaranteed, they've said they will keep preorders until 2 days after the end of lockdown so no issues collecting whenever suits you

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

sticker wrote: »
    I have a PS5 disc preordered and a PS4 Pro already. I want to play co-op withy my son on both systems with new COD.

Do I just buy the PS5 Digital version so we can play together on both systems?

Is the official store the best bet or any digital code sites make a saving?

Thanks

From what I read the ps5 version only works on the ps5. You need to buy the cross gen version if you want to play it on both ps4 and ps5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Spiderman MM was just delivered by an Post (on a Sunday no less) so weird having a game and Pulse headset before the actual console. On rest mode and the crash i'm assuming they'll have that fixed before we get our consoles be a fairly critical issue for Sony to deal with quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Getting back to HDR and my previous posts about HDR looking dull - The top link below is how my HDR looks enabled on PS4Pro and I hate its unsaturated dull vibe:

WARNING - Some game content in these reviews so be warned if you want to be 100% spolier free...

Washed out and colourless

And this is a merked improvement here...

Vibrant and looking Amazing

Why the marked difference in colour/saturation?!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mesh123

Do we know if Argos are going to be selling stock on launch day/taking reserves the day before? I believe I read somewhere that is what they did for the Xbox but I can't find anything saying the same for the PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Money has been taken from my account this morning :D . No email yet but the excitement is growing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Picked up my disc version console today (Amazon Australia) and it’s a beast size wise! The graphics are stunning (I’ve a 27” curved monitor) and I like the feel of the controller a lot. Diving into COD and FIFA over the next few days, Christmas came early :D

Played Cold War multiplayer for about four hours today and the controller is taking some time to get used to. The sharpness of the game graphics through, wow! Obvious statement is obvious but it feels like such a big improvement on the PS4, very happy with it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Am I right in thinking that there's no option to upgrade a regular PS5 copy of Miles Morales to the Ultimate edition by purchasing the upgrade separately through the PS store? I've been given the standard edition as a gift but had been planning on buying the ultimate edition myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Am I right in thinking that there's no option to upgrade a regular PS5 copy of Miles Morales to the Ultimate edition by purchasing the upgrade separately through the PS store? I've been given the standard edition as a gift but had been planning on buying the ultimate edition myself.

Yupp you can upgrade from the in-game menu for €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yupp you can upgrade from the in-game menu for €20.

Perfect, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

mesh123 wrote: »
    Do we know if Argos are going to be selling stock on launch day/taking reserves the day before? I believe I read somewhere that is what they did for the Xbox but I can't find anything saying the same for the PS5.

As far as we are aware argos are getting no stock this launch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Argos surely get some stock, Are they not one of the biggest retailers in the country Why wouldn't they???

They weren't taking pre-orders so they should have some to sell no ? I don't see why everyone thinks they won't other than crappy rumors on twitter.

They are advertising it on the front page, selling the games and accessories.

They have (or had) the Series X and still have the Series S on sale from launch.

Why would this be any different?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Argos surely get some stock, Are they not one of the biggest retailers in the country Why wouldn't they???

They weren't taking pre-orders so they should have some to sell no ? I don't see why everyone thinks they won't other than crappy rumors on twitter.

They are advertising it on the front page, selling the games and accessories.

They have (or had) the Series X and still have the Series S on sale from launch.

Why would this be any different?

Multiple people here have checked with management and staff
    Same answer in stores across the country

They may get some but atm it’s all staying in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Multiple people here have checked with management and staff
    Same answer in stores across the country

They may get some but atm it’s all staying in the UK

Wouldn't believe it for a second, Management talk ****e all the time in every job.

I can't see any reason they would just leave an entire country out.

But we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Wouldn't believe it for a second, Management talk ****e all the time in every job.

I can't see any reason they would just leave an entire country out.

But we'll see.

Why:
    Step 1: oversell in the market youre taking pre-orders
    Step 2: instead of allocating stock to a smaller market give it to the market where you've already taken the money for the goods.
    Step 3: make the exact same money without the hassle of choosing which pre-orders to cancel and refund

It's highly possible that management are just talking ****e but it's also very possible they aren't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,280 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Played Cold War multiplayer for about four hours today and the controller is taking some time to get used to. The sharpness of the game graphics through, wow! Obvious statement is obvious but it feels like such a big improvement on the PS4, very happy with it so far.

I read that all the guns in COD take advantage of the adaptive triggers but does to feel realistic. Like if you are using using a pistol is there tension in the R2 button as you pull it down and then the tension releases as the gun fires?

I've seen one video but it was of an assault rifle. The R2 button just seemed to be jumping around as he fired but I'm curious if there is a realistic tension in the button as you go to fire a pistol.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement