Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Oat23 wrote: »
    I read that all the guns in COD take advantage of the adaptive triggers but does to feel realistic. Like if you are using using a pistol is there tension in the R2 button as you pull it down and then the tension releases as the gun fires?

I've seen one video but it was of an assault rifle. The R2 button just seemed to be jumping around as he fired but I'm curious if there is a realistic tension in the button as you go to fire a pistol.

Also just a note when you download COD and select all downloads for ps5 it defaults to the PS4 version when you launch it so you actually have to click the 3 dots beside the game to make sure you are playing the ps5 version.

I have seen some top YouTube guys give their thoughts on the ps5 version when in fact they were actually playing the PS4 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Got my notification from DPD, we'll see when it arrives, could be just a tracking getting prepared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Have ye not seen this video?

• Argos are getting stock for reservations. People are confusing pre order stock in the UK with reservation stock

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭VitreousLife

Argos are getting stock for reservations. People are confusing pre order stock in the UK with reservation stock

How do you know this?? Both Argos stores near me said no they won’t have any at all this side of Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Regarding cross gen games like COD and Miles Morales, I've seen that it apparently downloads both PS4 and PS5 versions if you don't untick the PS4 version, could be alot of space being taken up needlessly!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Played Cold War multiplayer for about four hours today and the controller is taking some time to get used to. The sharpness of the game graphics through, wow! Obvious statement is obvious but it feels like such a big improvement on the PS4, very happy with it so far.

How does the PS5 sound? Loud? Silent? In-between?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,887 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

How does the PS5 sound? Loud? Silent? In-between?

Like a mouse pissing on cotton, glorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Can anyone recommend a router for gaming. I'm in serious need of an update and want to get a proper gaming one. Just wonder what ones ye guys use for gaming. The one I have is just a basic home router that's just for basic browsing. Sorry if I'm putting it in wrong thread just figured for PS 5 yed know the best to go for. 500 is my budget for a router

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

Got my Smyth’s DPD tracking info by email just now and my credit card was charged today :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Saz2020 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a router for gaming. I'm in serious need of an update and want to get a proper gaming one. Just wonder what ones ye guys use for gaming. The one I have is just a basic home router that's just for basic browsing. Sorry if I'm putting it in wrong thread just figured for PS 5 yed know the best to go for. 500 is my budget for a router

We are with Virgin and recently gor a tp link deco m9 : get a ping under 9ms, download speeds between 270-350. There is an option to set QoS for gaming, streaming etc

Maybe there are special gaming ones but this seems to be universal for all use cases.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

og2k7 wrote: »
    We are with Virgin and recently gor a tp link deco m9 : get a ping under 9ms, download speeds between 270-350. There is an option to set QoS for gaming, streaming etc

Maybe there are special gaming ones but this seems to be universal for all use cases.

Hope that helps
    Thanks. I'm with a company called lightnet. Speeds are ment to be 100 but only get 15-20 with the router I have to deffo need to upgrade it. I'll look into the TP Link deco m9. Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

My DPD Tracking Link from Smyths just updated with order data received from sender, so it’s active now. Doubt it’ll be picked up until Wednesday but a man can dream :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Just looked and mine updated there too, just after 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

rm212 wrote: »
    My DPD Tracking Link from Smyths just updated with order data received from sender, so it’s active now. Doubt it’ll be picked up until Wednesday but a man can dream :D

Same. A man can dream. This feelsime Christmas. Only 4 sleeps!!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

shrewdness wrote: »
    Just looked and mine updated there too, just after 7.

Same here, with predicted delivery date of 16th when I login to Parcel Wizard.....unlikely I know....but :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

DrZeuss wrote: »
    Same here, with predicted delivery date of 16th when I login to Parcel Wizard.....unlikely I know....but :D

U never know could happen.

Just logged in there and it says 16th for me too. Now that’s starting to get my hopes up but I shouldn’t expect anything or I’m probably going to be disappointed...

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Just logged in there and it says 16th for me too. Now that’s starting to get my hopes up but I shouldn’t expect anything or I’m probably going to be disappointed...
    You will receive an email confirming your order is ready for dispatch 2 - 5 days in advance and with this you now have a tracking link! We are just getting everything ready - your tracking link will NOT BE LIVE UNTIL THE DAY BEFORE release day

That from the Smyths email a few days ago would make you think it may well be delivered tomorrow :D

That from the Smyths email a few days ago would make you think it may well be delivered tomorrow :D

Yeah exactly that’s what I was thinking. I was wondering if they just said that in the email because of Sony being strict but they might sneakily start sending them out earlier because DPD tells them they can’t handle all in one day and hope Sony don’t find out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Changed mine to pickup as I moved recently and it's still showing up as the 16th. Doubt it will happen but we can dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Yeah exactly that’s what I was thinking. I was wondering if they just said that in the email because of Sony being strict but they might sneakily start sending them out earlier because DPD tells them they can’t handle all in one day and hope Sony don’t find out

I doubt Sony give a fiddlers. I'd imagine the staggered release dates was just down to production and ensuring they could get supply to all the major markets.

I can't think of any reason why they'd care if people start getting their hands on them now in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Changed mine to pickup as I moved recently and it's still showing up as the 16th. Doubt it will happen but we can dream.

Where does it show the option to do that?

Only ever used parcel wizard once and dont see the option to collect it...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Fieldog wrote: »
    Where does it show the option to do that?

Only ever used parcel wizard once and dont see the option to collect it...

Can't get it to show up now I've done it already but I put in my tracking number and there was an option to manage delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,977 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Some of you probably already know/follow this guy - he's posted some useful tech tips and secrets for previous PlayStations. Anyway, it looks like he'll be covering the PS5 as well. His first few vids on the PS5 really don't have much in the way of new info, but he's worth subscribing to (especially if you're new to PS).

Did we break DPD with our refreshing?

Edit: It’s back now nevermind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Add your tracking to 17tracks App. It's a few hours behind checking couriers live but put the code in, allow notifications and the app will alert you when it's further scanned and moving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Some of you probably already know/follow this guy - he's posted some useful tech tips and secrets for previous PlayStations. Anyway, it looks like he'll be covering the PS5 as well. His first few vids on the PS5 really don't have much in the way of new info, but he's worth subscribing to (especially if you're new to PS).

Great vids! Love that they are high quality and short ;-)

M

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

Anyone know if the pulse headset is in stock anywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Stephen.Walsh_

Changed my address to home delivery with Amazon, unsure why but I just have a bad feeling with PM! Granted it’ll take a few days extra but it feels a lot safer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement