Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

Changed my address to home delivery with Amazon, unsure why but I just have a bad feeling with PM! Granted it’ll take a few days extra but it feels a lot safer

Still doesn't give me that option. Where should I see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,280 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Still doesn't give me that option. Where should I see it?

You can only do it from their website. It won't work on the app. If you try to do it from a phone on amazon.co.uk you might have to enable the desktop mode version of the site rather than mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Oat23 wrote: »
    I read that all the guns in COD take advantage of the adaptive triggers but does to feel realistic. Like if you are using using a pistol is there tension in the R2 button as you pull it down and then the tension releases as the gun fires?

I've seen one video but it was of an assault rifle. The R2 button just seemed to be jumping around as he fired but I'm curious if there is a realistic tension in the button as you go to fire a pistol.

Yeah there's a lot going on with the controller when you're firing. I've only really used the assault rifle and shotgun as I'm levelling them up but I could feel the extra strain on my fingers (I played multiplayer for four hours straight yesterday).
    How does the PS5 sound? Loud? Silent? In-between?
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Like a mouse pissing on cotton, glorious.

Haha great description, much better than my "you wouldn't even know it's there" :D

It's silent, unreal difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Anyone know if the pulse headset is in stock anywhere?

In the same Boat and having no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Are the 3D Pulse headsets the only headsets that support chat mix? I see the Arctis 7P have a dial but it's for the microphone levels it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Benzino wrote: »
    Are the 3D Pulse headsets the only headsets that support chat mix? I see the Arctis 7P have a dial but it's for the microphone levels it seems.

I got the pulse 3D and didn’t like it.Just wasn’t super comfortable for me and the buttons on the side were tiny and difficult to adjust while in game.I’m sure most people will like them but I just wasn’t happy with them.

So I ended up selling it and ordered the Arctis 7P directly from steelseries.You can get a black version on their website with free delivery.Also this code will give you 12% off bringing the price down to €158 YELO12.

Not sure if they have chat mix but I think this can fine tuned from the PS5 although not 100% sure.Will update when I receive them on the differences between the Pulse 3D on features and comfort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭WhenPigsCry

After about 6 years I still can never remember which of those buttons on the front of the PS4 is eject and which is power. I just checked PS5 photos and this time it's the larger one.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Changed my address to home delivery with Amazon, unsure why but I just have a bad feeling with PM! Granted it’ll take a few days extra but it feels a lot safer

I have just changed now as well - probably would have been happy if it wasnt for your post :D

Delivery now is for 21-24/11 but hoping they can deliver over the weekend rather than next Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

og2k7 wrote: »
    I have just changed now as well - probably would have been happy if it wasnt for your post :D

Delivery now is for 21-24/11 but hoping they can deliver over the weekend rather than next Tuesday

Someone in the pre-order thread said the same thing happened with his Xbox pre-order last week but it was only 1 day late in the end. Hopefully it means they will arrive friday.
    After about 6 years I still can never remember which of those buttons on the front of the PS4 is eject and which is power. I just checked PS5 photos and this time it's the larger one.

No one knows which button is which, were not supposed to. You just pick one and hope for the best.

Markitron wrote: »
    Someone in the pre-order thread said the same thing happened with his Xbox pre-order last week but it was only 1 day late in the end. Hopefully it means they will arrive friday.

No one knows which button is which, were not supposed to. You just pick one and hope for the best.

Oh great - good to know, thanks! Fingers crossed so. MM and Sackboy +extra controller already gathering dust. Its not on :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

og2k7 wrote: »
    Oh great - good to know, thanks! Fingers crossed so. MM and Sackboy +extra controller already gathering dust. Its not on :pac:

Yeah I updated my Amazon delivery to go directly to my house.I couldn’t be bothered buying extra cover on PM and having them deliver it to my house because of the oversized package.

I think Amazon will be faster than any PM deliveries to be honest.We will find out in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Imagine they tricked us into changing address because they couldn't cover stock and then say this item doesn't deliver to your country :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Imagine they tricked us into changing address because they couldn't cover stock and then say this item doesn't deliver to your country :D

Drops a grenade in the room and leaves quietly out the back. :pac:

Haha, dont even say that. Would be a cunning move though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Still scared this might happen when they go to deliver it
    If it happened I'd hope they just ask to update the address rather than cancel it outright

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Some of you probably already know/follow this guy - he's posted some useful tech tips and secrets for previous PlayStations. Anyway, it looks like he'll be covering the PS5 as well. His first few vids on the PS5 really don't have much in the way of new info, but he's worth subscribing to (especially if you're new to PS).

I always use heightened thumbsticks so great news i can attach my old ones on the new controller. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

So I've been royally f*cked over. Got a preorder with Argos UK and setup Parcel Motel etc. Logged in last night only to find out that the order was cancelled, no emails to let me know, nothing! Absolute disaster.

Gutted isn't the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

BigMo1 wrote: »
    So I've been royally f*cked over. Got a preorder with Argos UK and setup Parcel Motel etc. Logged in last night only to find out that the order was cancelled, no emails to let me know, nothing! Absolute disaster.

Gutted isn't the word.

Argos UK dont ship to Parcel Motel, they sometimes have good deals on their Ebay store and always cancel them.

They cancel all order to forwards, 1-2 might slip through but majority are cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

I was reading the same on Reddit about a week ago - Its so true, everytime I'm stood in front of the yoke in dim light searching for the power and eject and not knowing order or where there are - Even worse on the Pro with the extra tier on the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Hard to believe in 72 hours I could be playing on a PS5..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Kremin wrote: »
    Hard to believe in 72 hours I could be playing on a PS5..

I finish work at 4:30pm, have to attend a nieces party, then home and then College at 7-9pm. I will collect it after 8am, do the initial setup, downloading day one stuff and leave the room and try to forget it is there as I work upstairs. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Gutted isn't the word.

Damn, sorry man.

Argos here might have some on launch day though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Berty wrote: »
    I finish work at 4:30pm, have to attend a nieces party, then home and then College at 7-9pm. I will collect it after 8am, do the initial setup, downloading day one stuff and leave the room and try to forget it is there as I work upstairs. :(

Go for a Covid test and put yourself in isolation, sure it would be irresponsible to go to the party when you're awaiting results.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Damn, sorry man.

Argos here might have some on launch day though.

Yeah, it's a nightmare when I thought it was sorted.

Did you hear something about Argos having some on launch day?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Got a message from Smyths saying my console is ready for delivery and was collected by DPD last night at 19.25. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm hoping Gamestop pull the fingers out today. I'm sick of logging in and seeing order status as "confirmed".

• Registered Users Posts: 42 theshea

Gutted isn't the word.

Sorry man, Did they refund the money or did they ever even take the money?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

weiland79 wrote: »
    Got a message from Smyths saying my console is ready for delivery and was collected by DPD last night at 19.25. :pac:

That'll be me checking my emails every 5 minutes for the rest of the day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Deadly. I finally got my email from Smyths this morning with the tracking number (not active yet). Hoping it get's here on Thursday. Took Thurs and Fri off to die a million times in Demon's Souls.... can't wait! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Too late to change my click and collect to delivery? :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement