Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

theshea wrote: »
    Sorry man, Did they refund the money or did they ever even take the money?

No, didn't take the dosh. I assumed it'd be taken this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

weiland79 wrote: »
    Got a message from Smyths saying my console is ready for delivery and was collected by DPD last night at 19.25. :pac:

Too late to change my click and collect to delivery? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Was never an option :(

Chances of them letting us pick up tomorrow since they're delivering already? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Wing126 wrote: »
    Was never an option :(

Chances of them letting us pick up tomorrow since they're delivering already? :pac:

Although we know why they won't change it, as they've allocated them to the stores but then again I'd be afraid to try to even attempt to change anything on the order even if it was just clicking a button.

Imagine getting an error and eventually getting on the phone. Oh, you lost your order, let me look, oh I see it went back into the system and was sold within 10 seconds. Sorry, try again next year. *click

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I’m thinking of getting this to play my PS4 games on the PS5: Seagate 4TB HDD for Playstation Systems https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076H6TZ7L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_JbMSFb5JGDJXS

I presume it will work ok for doing that? I know you can’t play PS5 games off it and will be updating the PS5 SSD once they announce supported devices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

You can come over and have a go. Lives and levels!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I’m thinking of getting this to play my PS4 games on the PS5: Seagate 4TB HDD for Playstation Systems https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076H6TZ7L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_JbMSFb5JGDJXS

I presume it will work ok for doing that? I know you can’t play PS5 games off it and will be updating the PS5 SSD once they announce supported devices.

It should be fine as long as it has USB 3.0

Jeez some of the product info though. "Data Transfer Rate 110GB per second":eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Got a message from Smyths saying my console is ready for delivery and was collected by DPD last night at 19.25. :pac:

I'm guessing your message actually says that your console is ready for dispatch and DPD have received the Order data??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

RoryMac wrote: »
    I'm guessing your message actually says that your console is ready for dispatch and DPD have received the Order data??

Which means DPD will start collecting them today. You should see the status update for collection during the day.

RoryMac wrote: »

Dammit! From your tone I'm assuming that my message from Smyth's doesn't mean what I think It means and I probably won't be setting my new PS5 up before lunch today?:(:(

• Advertisement

whiterebel wrote: »
    Which means DPD will start collecting them today. You should see the status update for collection during the day.

So you're saying there's a chance?:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Dammit! From your tone I'm assuming that my message from Smyth's doesn't mean what I think It means and I probably won't be setting my new PS5 up before lunch today?:(:(

Just screenshot your tracking, without the number, and we can assess your truthfullness :D

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

please post your address and the time you expect it to be delivered, also how quick/strong are you?

whiterebel wrote: »

I hope so but I've definitely had packages sit like that with DPD for a day or 2 before collection

That depends on what your DPD tracking shows, if it says "Order data received from sender" then don't get too excited yet as it hasn't been collected by DPD but if it says something different its time to ring family & friends and tell them you won't be seeing them for the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Mine says Order data received from sender and Head office 15/11/20 19:00 so I assume it is sitting with its label waiting to be picked up on Wednesday.

Mine says Order data received from sender and Head office 15/11/20 19:00 so I assume it is sitting with its label waiting to be picked up on Wednesday.

God you sound like a right old pessimist:):)
    Why not take a leaf out of my book and assume the best possible scenario, that you'll be setting it up in a few minutes.

Ship on Wednesday pfffft ain't nobody got time for dat!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Why not take a leaf out of my book and assume the best possible scenario, that you'll be setting it up in a few minutes.

I actually got mine the other day: the experience of opening the box and setting it up was so damn cool that I boxed it back up and sent it back to Smyths so they could send it back to me so I can have the whole experience all over again!

Would rather be surprised than disappointed :D in fairness, the smyths email is fairly blunt in that they specifically say it won't be shipped until Wednesday evening so I don't think anyone should expect it early. If it comes early then great but I wouldn't be holding my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

Spoke to a mate of mine in smyths this morning - the ps4's are on site :O - asked him chance of receiving early - better chance winning the lotto apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Would rather be surprised than disappointed :D in fairness, the smyths email is fairly blunt in that they specifically say it won't be shipped until Wednesday evening so I don't think anyone should expect it early. If it comes early then great but I wouldn't be holding my breath.

I'm hoping rather than expecting for an early delivery but in fairness Smyths are going to be conservative in their email. If they didn't, they'd pretty much be advertising that they're potentially breaking the release date.

Edit: The email also said the tracking link won't be live until the day before release, which isn't the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Rx713B wrote: »
    Spoke to a mate of mine in smyths this morning - the ps4's are on site :O - asked him chance of receiving early - better chance winning the lotto apparently

Which Smyths and what's their security like?

Really? I never noticed that It said about not shipping till Wednesday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Rx713B wrote: »

I wonder if they still work after sitting there for 7 years :P

Heres the wording;

2. You will receive an email confirming your order is ready for dispatch 2 - 5 days in advance and with this you now have a tracking link! We are just getting everything ready - your tracking link will NOT BE LIVE UNTIL THE DAY BEFORE release day.

3. In order for us to ensure delivery on release day, your order will be passed over to our carrier partner, one day in advance on Wednesday 18th November.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Which Smyths and what's their security like?

I have a crowbar from when I cosplayed as Gordon Freeman one time.

Just sayin...........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Evilbart wrote: »
    I got the pulse 3D and didn’t like it.Just wasn’t super comfortable for me and the buttons on the side were tiny and difficult to adjust while in game.I’m sure most people will like them but I just wasn’t happy with them.

So I ended up selling it and ordered the Arctis 7P directly from steelseries.You can get a black version on their website with free delivery.Also this code will give you 12% off bringing the price down to €158 YELO12.

Not sure if they have chat mix but I think this can fine tuned from the PS5 although not 100% sure.Will update when I receive them on the differences between the Pulse 3D on features and comfort.

Nice, didn't realise there was a code! Yeah I'm thinking of getting the 7P too, chat mix would be nice on the headset but it's not a big deal, as you say you'll be able to change it in the menu. Cheers for the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Snip, same as above.

Fingers crossed for early delivery for those who has active tracking numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

:D:D
    0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    I wonder if they still work after sitting there for 7 years :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

When did Gamestop deliver the Series X's last week? Did they arrive on launch day?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement