Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Chmaars

When did Gamestop deliver the Series X's last week? Did they arrive on launch day?

Got mine 2 days after launch. They shipped it the evening before launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

When did Gamestop deliver the Series X's last week? Did they arrive on launch day?

Shipped the day before which was Monday. Some didn't arrive for a few days.

Hopefully as the launch is Thursday they are better organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Anyone know what the craic is with gamestop click and collect? Ordered Spiderman and Confirmation email (pre lockdown) said it will be there in store on the 12th for me to pick up.

But since then lockdown happened and the Covid section on the homepage says I will get a ready for collection email. But haven't got one yet. It also says order will be held for 48hrs.

Any idea if I'm supposed to get a collection email or if I should just go to the store to pick it up? I can't get through to the store (Carlow).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the craic is with gamestop click and collect? Ordered Spiderman and Confirmation email (pre lockdown) said it will be there in store on the 12th for me to pick up.

But since then lockdown happened and the Covid section on the homepage says I will get a ready for collection email. But haven't got one yet. It also says order will be held for 48hrs.

Any idea if I'm supposed to get a collection email or if I should just go to the store to pick it up? I can't get through to the store (Carlow).

I had 3 games pre-ordered for in-store collection (1x PS4, 2x PS5) and GameStop contact me last week and week before with voucher codes to re-purchase the games for home delivery (and pay the extra €3 delivery fee). If you haven't (and clearly you haven't) gotten those mails, I'd be on to GameStop support.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I had 3 games pre-ordered for in-store collection (1x PS4, 2x PS5) and GameStop contact me last week and week before with voucher codes to re-purchase the games for home delivery (and pay the extra €3 delivery fee). If you haven't (and clearly you haven't) gotten those mails, I'd be on to GameStop support.

Cool cheers :) yeah waiting on them to come back to me too.

Was your click and collect was from a store that doesn't offer click and collect now? If so maybe I'm ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

My Smyths DPD Tracking Link still hasn't updated past data received but I am able to go into Manage Delivery and change the delivery date. Should I set the date to tomorrow and see what happens? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Shipped the day before which was Monday. Some didn't arrive for a few days.

Hopefully as the launch is Thursday they are better organised.

Grim.

I’ve Friday booked off so hopefully it at least arrives on Thursday.

With everything happening and delays in shipping I don’t know why Sony doesn’t tell them to just send them out when they can to ensure delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Cool cheers :) yeah waiting on them to come back to me too.

Was your click and collect was from a store that doesn't offer click and collect now? If so maybe I'm ok

Yep I had ordered in store from Dundrum which are now closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

https://youtu.be/qQrl8g6wu8U

Looks like there may be a way to force Dolby Atmos.

"This method works for 4k discs/blurays with Atmos tracks. I've tested it with this method. With streaming apps, there is no options menu like their is with the media app. As far as I can tell this fix does not work outside of the PS5 bluray player"

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

"This method works for 4k discs/blurays with Atmos tracks. I've tested it with this method. With streaming apps, there is no options menu like their is with the media app. As far as I can tell this fix does not work outside of the PS5 bluray player"

It's the very same process on the PS4, I had to do it just the other day for an Atmos disc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a bit worrying that Smyths are only handing over the PS5's to the delivery teams on Wednesday, really they should be doing that today or tomorrow to make sure everyone get's their console by Thursday or Friday at the latest, hopefully no one is left waiting till next Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Gonzo wrote: »
    a bit worrying that Smyths are only handing over the PS5's to the delivery teams on Wednesday, really they should be doing that today or tomorrow to make sure everyone get's their console by Thursday or Friday at the latest, hopefully no one is left waiting till next Monday.

Some Smyth's pre-orders are arriving already for customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭VitreousLife

Rx713B wrote: »
    Spoke to a mate of mine in smyths this morning - the ps4's are on site :O - asked him chance of receiving early - better chance winning the lotto apparently

Any chance of knowing if there are additional units going to be for sale? 😂
    Have mine pre ordered but my nephew wants one too so trying our best to source one

bazzz wrote: »
    Some Smyth's pre-orders are arriving already for customers.

Oh wow, now I'm disappointed that there's no sign of mine and my tracking just says order data received! Guess Smyths were talking bull when they said none will be picked up until Wednesday.

rm212 wrote: »
    Oh wow, now I'm disappointed that there's no sign of mine and my tracking just says order data received! Guess Smyths were talking bull when they said none will be picked up until Wednesday.

Well look at it this way.... You'll likely have the console for launch day or a day before. I'd have doubts for my online pre-order for launch day with GS.
    An Post are currently too far behind with postal services, to get the orders to most on launch day. I have a in-store GS pick up,
    which will at least be there for launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

If only there was a similar method for Dolby Vision :-)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

i'm expecting a delivery from DPD by Smiths within the next hour, now I presume it's my PS5 copies of Spiderman and Demon Souls which I ordered on Friday.

My PS5 order tracker hasn't updated with any information since I got the email the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jaydrum22

Evilbart wrote: »
    I got the pulse 3D and didn’t like it.Just wasn’t super comfortable for me and the buttons on the side were tiny and difficult to adjust while in game.I’m sure most people will like them but I just wasn’t happy with them.

So I ended up selling it and ordered the Arctis 7P directly from steelseries.You can get a black version on their website with free delivery.Also this code will give you 12% off bringing the price down to €158 YELO12.

Not sure if they have chat mix but I think this can fine tuned from the PS5 although not 100% sure.Will update when I receive them on the differences between the Pulse 3D on features and comfort.

Thanks for the code just ordered myself a pair should be here for the weekend...all I need now is the charging station anyone an idea wheres the best chance of having it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

jaydrum22 wrote: »
    Thanks for the code just ordered myself a pair should be here for the weekend...all I need now is the charging station anyone an idea wheres the best chance of having it.

Can that headset (Pulse 3D) be used with Android phones or it only works with the PS5?

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jaydrum22

madmoe wrote: »
    Can that headset (Pulse 3D) be used with Android phones or it only works with the PS5?

Thanks,
    M

Haven't a clue I don't have one sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

Thanks,
    M

If you have a headphone 3.5mm jack then yes but they won't work wirelessly. They connect to PS4/PS5/PC via a USB dongle.

Thanks,
    M

Just tested the dongle connected to my Samsung s20 Ultra, using a USB A to C connector. Worked straight away, no fiddling around needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,280 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

whiterebel wrote: »
    Which means DPD will start collecting them today. You should see the status update for collection during the day.

I get perishable items delivered by DPD sometimes and 'Order data received from sender' doesn't mean the package will be picked up the next day.

One place I get deliveries from will only ship perishable items Mon - Wed, so if I order Thursday the label is created that day and says 'Order data received from sender' until Monday when it's handed over to DPD.

We won't be getting them until Thursday I think. Smyths will be sending out hundreds. They probably have an agreement with DPD to prioritise PS5 orders for guaranteed next day delivery despite the current backlog every delivery service has, or at least let's hope they do :D

JackCDSt wrote: »
    If you have a headphone 3.5mm jack then yes but they won't work wirelessly. They connect to PS4/PS5/PC via a USB dongle.

Many thanks for that. So they don't connect to the PS5 wirelessly then either, or do they?

Cheers,
    M

bazzz wrote: »
    Just tested the dongle connected to my Samsung s20 Ultra, using a USB A to C connector. Worked straight away, no fiddling around needed.

Sweet, I have an S20 Ultra as well :D

Cheers,
    M

Just wondering how 2 or 3 PS5s managed to slip out of Smyths' warehouse on Friday (or over weekend) for delivery to those who got it today if they're holding off on shipping them until Wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Anyone recommend a decent external hard drive that can be used on the PS5?

Will need one to keep the PS4 games on etc and keep the system storage free for PS5 titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Just wondering how 2 or 3 PS5s managed to slip out of Smyths' warehouse on Friday (or over weekend) for delivery to those who got it today if they're holding off on shipping them until Wednesday?

Some suggestion that they were with UPS rather than DPD but doesn't make sense that they were released early.

I'm taking those reports with a grain of salt tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

If I had to guess, the one's who have gotten them already were designated with a supplier who has just picked their allocation up. I'd say DPD allocation is ready to go but they just haven't picked them up yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Just a word of warning make sure you are home when it’s due to arrive (not that any of us have plans for Thursday) DPD left my PS5 controller, charger and a game outside in the lashing rain last week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement