Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Don't use rest mode
    Don't use an external drive
    Don't leave a game resident in the memory
    Don't play a game that still downloading
    etc etc

Probably best to just set it up, BUT DON'T DARE PLUG IT IN, and just look at it from across the room and contemplate how fugly it is.:P

FWIW.....I've no doubt that some have encountered issues, but I wouldn't say its a 100% repeatable across the userbase.
    Like the Xbox with some of its reported issues, its just going to need some 'stability improvements'.
    Won't get far without solid external drive support all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

More DPD Smyths orders delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭booterboy

Have a PS4 Pro,2 dual shock controllers,camera and charging dock all in mint condition with boxes.
    Would €180 sell it or lower?
    Just want enough cash for a PS5 controler and PS5 pulse Headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

For anyone with the XH90 tv

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

booterboy wrote: »
    Have a PS4 Pro,2 dual shock controllers,camera and charging dock all in mint condition with boxes.

I sent you a PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

booterboy wrote: »

You should get at least that much from CEX, more if you sell it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

More DPD Smyths orders delivered

I’d say once your tracker gets update that DPD have collected it from Smyths it’s coming to you ASAP. Both those chaps said they’re tracking went live over weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭booterboy

You should get at least that much from CEX, more if you sell it yourself.
    Thanks,wouldn't grace the door of CEX.
    Would rather someone have it at a fair price as it owes me nothing.
    Hope to try snag a PS5 before Xmas.
    First time ever not to have a Playstation on launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Sold my pro on its own for 240 on adverts about 2 weeks ago, you'll easily get 240 for everything you mention there.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Sold my pro on its own for 240 on adverts about 2 weeks ago, you'll easily get 240 for everything you mention there.

I will need to look into that. Will have mine for sale too. Boxed, 2x controllers etc but donedeal/adverts attract strange characters sometimes and I don't want to deal with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭extrafluff

og2k7 wrote: »
    I will need to look into that. Will have mine for sale too. Boxed, 2x controllers etc but donedeal/adverts attract strange characters sometimes and I don't want to deal with that

Have a raffle on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

I'd deffo try and sell it for more then 180. They are still good consoles. 240 cud be ur starting point and see what offers you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

You mean you don’t like people offering a swap for their 15 year old broken down car when you explicitly stated that you aren’t interested in swaps?

Is anyone elses payment for disc home delivery still pending from Smyths, I'm with AIB?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Is anyone elses payment for disc home delivery still pending from Smyths, I'm with AIB?

Yep. Same here. Things are usually pending for a few days though for me

Yep. Same here. Things are usually pending for a few days though for me

Thanks, was starting to panic, I swear this thing will be the death of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Anyone know of stock of the pulse headset anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I'm hoping Gamestop pull the fingers out today. I'm sick of logging in and seeing order status as "confirmed".

We're in the same boat M8. I've an offically confirmed pre-order, Same business - Oder CONFIRMED.

I even dropped the €500+ into my PayPal account funds in case they hit an unlikely wall with insufficent funds in PayPal balance (regardless of boundless credit card attached to it) - We can only hope all goes smoothly!

Anyone with Gamestop confirmed order getting a shiiping notification?

I'm not as intersted in the console TBH - More in revisiting Demon Souls in a 2020 Polish...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

No one with gamestop has a shipping notification yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,914 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Still no tracking update.

My disappointment is immeasurable, my day is ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

If we don't get dispatched emails from Gamestop today then we ain't getting it on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Gamestop took payment last night. They really do need to post it today at the very latest, for there to be any hope of Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭RoryMac

fixXxer wrote: »
    Still no tracking update.

My disappointment is immeasurable, my day is ruined.

A lot of the packages I receive from DPD update the tracking around 9:30 or 10 so I'm not giving up hope yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Arcadeheroes

I have my Playstation 5 pre ordered with Smyths
    but for whatever reason ,when I pre ordered in September I clicked the clicked and collect option rather than the home delivery. They have yet to take the money out of my account . I hope I didnt mess up my pre order :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭RoryMac

I have my Playstation 5 pre ordered with Smyths
    but for whatever reason ,when I pre ordered in September I clicked the clicked and collect option rather than the home delivery. They have yet to take the money out of my account . I hope I didnt mess up my pre order :(

They're due to take the money for click & collect tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Spoken to Amazon via the chat - they said all orders will be sent out only on the 19th - when I pushed asking does that apply both to UK and IE orders the girl confirmed it

Also said there will be more PS5 coming around 12 on the 19th

Money not taken still, so guessing (with what she said above (which I still dont think is true for the UK orders) - we will be charged either tomorrow or if they tried to set aside IE orders only on the 19th if we are in the first batch. Probably whatever is left available will be available on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Spoken to Amazon via the chat - they said all orders will be sent out only on the 19th - when I pushed asking does that apply both to UK and IE orders the girl confirmed it

Also said there will be more PS5 coming around 12 on the 19th

Money not taken still, so guessing (with what she said above (which I still dont think is true for the UK orders) - we will be charged either tomorrow or if they tried to set aside IE orders only on the 19th if we are in the first batch. Probably whatever is left available will be available on the site

Amazon are a funny one for sure. They posted my Spiderman MM out on Sunday morning, but only took the payment this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭BurnUp78

Argos with a picture of a ps5 on their front page.. Stock possibly coming in December?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

BurnUp78 wrote: »
    Argos with a picture of a ps5 on their front page.. Stock possibly coming in December?

That's been there for weeks at this stage. I signed up for their "express your interested" mailing list but have received not a single thing yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement