Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

og2k7 wrote: »
    Spoken to Amazon via the chat - they said all orders will be sent out only on the 19th

I don't think that has ever been the case for Amazon and UK pre-orders, UK pre-orders are dispatched so that they arrive on release date. Not sure why that would have changed now.

Plus, users on Resetera are saying that they're getting their tracking details/emails stating that their consoles are arriving on the 19th.

I think ye were fobbed off mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

BurnUp78 wrote: »
    Argos with a picture of a ps5 on their front page.. Stock possibly coming in December?
    fixXxer wrote: »
    That's been there for weeks at this stage. I signed up for their "express your interested" mailing list but have received not a single thing yet.

Yes and when you click through onto that link you will notice that it has a .co.uk extension on it.
    Wing126 wrote: »

I think ye were fobbed off mate.

If I've learned anything from Amazon CS Chat agents that if you ask 5 people you will 5 different answers. Take it with a pinch of salt. They will likely ship it in order for it to arrive by the estimated delivery date, maybe a day or two early if not impacted by the weekend(in this case it will be impacted by a weekend)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

I have my Playstation 5 pre ordered with Smyths
    but for whatever reason ,when I pre ordered in September I clicked the clicked and collect option rather than the home delivery. They have yet to take the money out of my account . I hope I didnt mess up my pre order :(

I posted this last night on the other thread:

“For those who have pre-ordered with click and collect for Smyths, don’t worry about not having had any money taken or no further correspondence etc.

Smyths will charge for click and collect orders around 9pm the night before release (so Wednesday in this case) and you’ll get an email with your barcode almost immediately afterwards.

I ordered a couple of PS5 games and accessories with different delivery dates off them over the last couple of weeks for click and collect and they all followed the above process.

The collection process was very straightforward. Queue up and a staff member came out and scanned the barcode from the email on my phone, then went and got the items and brought them out to me. Receipts are automatically emailed a few minutes later.

3-5 minutes in total maximum each time between leaving my car and being back in my car with my item(s).“

Obviously I don’t expect it to be anywhere near that quick collecting on Thursday! :pac: But don’t worry, the money will come out tomorrow night around 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

having gone throuogh this last week I have had my expectations raised by MS haha, with that being said Amazon havent taken anything from my account so not expecting to get it this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Still no movement on DPD Tracking since this:

Your parcel is ready for dispatch
    Head Office
    16/11/2020 at 15:33

I get the feeling I'm not getting lucky today...:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

rm212 wrote: »
    Still no movement on DPD Tracking since this:

Your parcel is ready for dispatch
    Head Office
    16/11/2020 at 15:33

I get the feeling I'm not getting lucky today...:(

We won’t get em early no but we should got launch. I just hope the trackers gets updated today and not tomorrow

I don't have an online order, mine is click n collect and I'm doubly glad I don't have online with a DPD delivery. Met the driver the other day coming home. He was blocking my driveway(delivering to neighbour) at 5:25pm. I said "wow, they have you out late" and he says "they've changed my route again so you're now my last stops not my first stops".

Be a long wait at the window

2gwze2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

recyclops wrote: »
    having gone throuogh this last week I have had my expectations raised by MS haha, with that being said Amazon havent taken anything from my account so not expecting to get it this week.

Yeah - afraid so. I still hope getting it over the weekend but who knows. Will be interesting to see the reports from ppl that stayed with PM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Gamestop took payment last night. They really do need to post it today at the very latest, for there to be any hope of Thursday

Nothing taken from my account yet - unbelieveable!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Maybe think about removing that screen cap dude, it has your order number on it.

My screen looks the same as yours though, order confirmed, and that's all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Smyths have been faultless so far, really hoping they dont fall at the last hurdle! :pac:

Maybe think about removing that screen cap dude, it has your order number on it.

Cheers!

Copped the order number, paid with Paypal Express and I'm on the phone with GS now changing the delivery address. Thanks dude.

Also, it's Paypal to be fair, the money is already locked in for GS to drawn down when a label is created. Unless you have no funds and your card has expired that is basically pre authorised.

Printing a label and sticking it to a box doesn't take long. It will be fine, except that it's GS and nobody should trust them anymore. :D

Where did you see payment taken? credit card?

Berty wrote: »
    Copped the order number, paid with Paypal Express and I'm on the phone with GS now changing the delivery address. Thanks dude.

Also, it's Paypal to be fair, the money is already locked in for GS to drawn down when a label is created. Unless you have no funds and your card has expired that is basically pre authorised.

Printing a label and sticking it to a box doesn't take long. It will be fine, except that it's GS and nobody should trust them anymore. :D

:D:D Cheers! For the sake of argument, I assume with order number alone no change could be made to the order!!! ;)

sticker wrote: »
    Where did you see payment taken? credit card?

I paid with my Visa Debit. Payment was pending in my account since the 12th and was taken last night / this morning when I checked my online banking

I have bought this yoke for Demon Souls alone - Cannot wait to replay it as a huge Souls player. Reviews seem awesome.

:D:D Cheers! For the sake of argument, I assume with order number alone no change could be made to the order!!! ;)

I don't think you want to find out. Anybody could have taken a screenshot of it before you removed it and have enough details to try to get GS to cancel but really they don't so don't worry. You'd need your email address, likely your DOB and maybe your physical address before somebody would speak to you anyway and that's even if they'd answer the phones :D No way anybody can access your online account either as we'd need your email address.

To prove as quick as you put it up and took it down that somebody might have already copied it is that your order date was the 16/09/2020 :pac:

I have a very mild photographic memory(really eidetic memory for numbers) you see and could recall you order ID and Shipment ID as well. Selling both of these to first come first served hackers for €15 a piece :D

Berty wrote: »
    I don't think you want to find out. Anybody could have taken a screenshot of it before you removed it and have enough details to try to get GS to cancel but really they don't so don't worry. You'd need your email address, likely your DOB and maybe your physical address before somebody would speak to you anyway and that's even if they'd answer the phones :D No way anybody can access your online account either as we'd need your email address.

To prove as quick as you put it up and took it down that somebody might have already copied it is that your order date was the 16/09/2020 :pac:

I have a very mild photographic memory(really eidetic memory for numbers) you see and could recall you order ID and Shipment ID as well. Selling both of these to first come first served hackers for €15 a piece :D

Yeah - I think I'm fairly safe but good to know! Cheers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Thanks, was starting to panic, I swear this thing will be the death of me!

Just thought I'd add to this, money is no longer pending! If it even makes a difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Actually back when pre-orders opened I saw something, I think it was on HUKD, and it was an eBay scalper who had a PS5 pre-order listed, he put the order confirmation in the eBay listing but forgot to scrub the order number, only their address, name etc were blanked out.

Some random person on HUKD emailed the retailer with the order number and asked them to cancel the order. They came back and said no problem, that's cancelled for you now. It seemed to be legit too as I checked it out myself and the eBay seller had delisted it shortly after :D

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭extrafluff

Actually back when pre-orders opened I saw something, I think it was on HUKD, and it was an eBay scalper who had a PS5 pre-order listed, he put the order confirmation in the eBay listing but forgot to scrub the order number, only their address, name etc were blanked out.

Some random person on HUKD emailed the retailer with the order number and asked them to cancel the order. They came back and said no problem, that's cancelled for you now. It seemed to be legit too as I checked it out myself and the eBay seller had delisted it shortly after :D

Beautiful. I'm all for this kind of thing happening to scalpers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Ooops!! :rolleyes::D:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Yeah it was an Argos preorder which got cancelled on the scalper.

I assume heat issues etc will not be effected if the PS5 is placed horizontally... I dont fancy leaving it vertical with a looper of a 7 year old son in close proximity :D

I assume heat issues etc will not be effected if the PS5 is placed horizontally... I dont fancy leaving it vertical with a looper of a 7 year old son in close proximity :D

I've the same thoughts with a looper of a 6 year old, a looper of a 4 year old, and the biggest looper in a 2 year old here.

Apparently it works fine in either configuration

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Ha I've never seen people so eager to see money taken out of bank accounts haha

dave1982 wrote: »
    Ha I've never seen people so eager to see money taken out of bank accounts haha
    takemymoney.jpg

I've the same thoughts with a looper of a 6 year old, a looper of a 4 year old, and the biggest looper in a 2 year old here.

Apparently it works fine in either configuration

:D

This same looper has taken out 2 x 4K TVs in his limited lifetime :eek:

One simply pushed from behind, he was small enough to climb up behind TV - Sony stand a joke anyway - and the second issue a year later, My wife called me from downstairs and from her tone I knew something BIG was up - He had slung a wooden building block at the screen.

Anyway - He has a bit more sense now but dont want to take any chances with a new PS5 that I will be waiting an age for a replacement :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

:D

This same looper has taken out 2 x 4K TVs in his limited lifetime :eek:

One simply push from behind - Sony stand a joke anyway - and the second issue a year later, My wife called me from downstairs and from her tone I knew something big was up - He had slung a wooden building block at the screen.

Anyway - He's a bit more sense now but dont want to take any chances :P

I feel this deep in my bones. I have a near three-year-old who has already smashed the screen on one TV and a one-year-old who is desperate to repeat the trick.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement