Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

sticker wrote: »
    :D

This same looper has taken out 2 x 4K TVs in his limited lifetime :eek:

One simply pushed from behind, he was small enough to climb up behind TV - Sony stand a joke anyway - and the second issue a year later, My wife called me from downstairs and from her tone I knew something BIG was up - He had slung a wooden building block at the screen.

Anyway - He has a bit more sense now but dont want to take any chances with a new PS5 that I will be waiting an age for a replacement :P

Jesus! I'm glad I wallmounted my 65 incher up high, the 2 year old would definitely have it down!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Getting back to HDR and my previous posts about HDR looking dull - The top link below is how my HDR looks enabled on PS4Pro and I hate its unsaturated dull vibe:

WARNING - Some game content in these reviews so be warned if you want to be 100% spolier free...

Washed out and colourless

And this is a merked improvement here...

Vibrant and looking Amazing

Why the marked difference in colour/saturation?!

Any thoughts on my post here? Didn't get any replies... But posts get lost in the mix with a frantic thread :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

Any thoughts on my post here? Didn't get any replies... But posts get lost in the mix with a frantic thread :rolleyes:

Sounds to me like you might have HDR enabled on the PS4 but not enabled on the TV. Check the TV settings and make sure you have HDR Enabled, it could be under a number of different names. What TV is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AskMeBollix

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Smyths have been faultless so far, really hoping they dont fall at the last hurdle! :pac:

You must have already forgotten the **** show of a launch for Xbox and Ps5 where the site crashed, faultless :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

KeithTS wrote: »
    Sounds to me like you might have HDR enabled on the PS4 but not enabled on the TV. Check the TV settings and make sure you have HDR Enabled, it could be under a number of different names. What TV is it?

This is my TV
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-KD-55XE8396-400-Hz-TV/dp/B0742L9HG6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

You must have already forgotten the **** show of a launch for Xbox and Ps5 where the site crashed, faultless :D

I mean come on, most sites crashed worldwide for the release of the PS5. Biggest console launch in recent years, it was bound to happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

What type of TV is it? Some TVs from 4/5 years back, particularly Sony, had awful HDR due to the type of IPS panel they used. I had one and was pissed, couldn't use HDR at all. RDR2 looked almost black and white on it when HDR was enabled.

You can see a review here that talks about it. https://www.techradar.com/reviews/sony-bravia-xf85-4k-hdr-tv-kd-55xf8505

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

It could be the TV. I have an OLED, and HDR looks absolutely amazing.

I have a 1440p monitor (no HDR) for the PC, but the Pro looks pretty bad on a 1440p screen, which is a pity. I bought a cheaper BenQ 4k HDR monitor for the Ps4 pro for nights when I can't use the TV. HDR is turned off on the BenQ, as its washed out and pretty useless. I kept it though as it's 1ms and handy for fifa / cod.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭extrafluff

Has anyone pre-ordered a game from base.com before? Ordered Miles Morales last month. They said they needed to take the money early (05/11). Shipped on 10th through Royal Mail 1st Class Int'l, concerned that it won't be here in time before the console. Obviously doesn't help that An Post have backlogs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Looks like those lads in Ireland mentioned yesterday are the first people in Europe to receive them! No where else shipping early.

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/ps5-seemingly-arriving-days-ahead-of-launch/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭RoryMac

blaa85 wrote: »
    Looks like those lads in Ireland mentioned yesterday are the first people in Europe to receive them! No where else shipping early.

We don't want publicity like this, could make Smyths hold fire on releasing the bulk of PS5's

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

blaa85 wrote: »

Bit of a typo in that at the bottom, surely they meant 19th instead of the 12th. Other than that us Irish being #1 in Europe again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Berty wrote: »
    Irish being #1 in Europe again :D

the eurovision glory days

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jlynam

extrafluff wrote: »
    Has anyone pre-ordered a game from base.com before? Ordered Miles Morales last month. They said they needed to take the money early (05/11). Shipped on 10th through Royal Mail 1st Class Int'l, concerned that it won't be here in time before the console. Obviously doesn't help that An Post have backlogs.

Probably An Post. Had a package coming from the US and they had it for over 3 weeks before I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

I just picked up the Pulse 3d headset for delivery from curry's if anyone is still looking!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

So Amazon on launch day looking like the best/only chance of getting one?

BigMo1 wrote: »
    So Amazon on launch day looking like the best/only chance of getting one?

I snagged a series x at 5am launch day on Argos, didn't expect it to be there when I went to collect, but it was!
    So that might be an option!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I replied to this a couple of times, did you try any of those suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Irishbrick wrote: »
    I snagged a series x at 5am launch day on Argos, didn't expect it to be there when I went to collect, but it was!
    So that might be an option!

Series X still pops up around the country in Argos here and there.

PS5 I would say Amazon is the best bet, or Harvey Norman (not officially confirmed, just a random twitter page posting it)

Other than that most UK retailers will have them again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

I just picked up the Pulse 3d headset for delivery from curry's if anyone is still looking!
    Cheers for the heads up! Just managed to bag a pair myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Anyone have any external storage theynplan on using for the ps5? Want to pick something up but woukd love a recommendation. Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

€5.99 delivery with 1st Jan 2021 delivery date....

D3-B1-E766-8561-44-F8-834-F-CED84-EDC7-EBF.jpg

Thank you! Just ordered one.

[img][/img]https://i.postimg.cc/hG8n60Xd/D3-B1-E766-8561-44-F8-834-F-CED84-EDC7-EBF.jpg

Doesn't say that for me, just 5-7 days.

EDIT TO ADD: The confirmation email says I should get it by November 23rd.

Doesn't say that for me, just 5-7 days.

EDIT TO ADD: The confirmation email says I should get it by November 23rd.

Same as that, delivery by Monday!
    I can't believe how limited the stock of the headset appears to be! Very lucky to have ordered when I did!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

[img][/img]https://i.postimg.cc/hG8n60Xd/D3-B1-E766-8561-44-F8-834-F-CED84-EDC7-EBF.jpg
    Arriving on Monday for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Anyone order the pulse headset from amazon? Mine was due to be delivered today (i have prime) but no sign and an post have come and gone. App still says delivery today so who knows. Not that i can do anything with them until thursday but i want them god dammit haha

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

Nice one man!!! now is someone could please take my ****ING debit card off me that be great :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 TealPanda

jones wrote: »
    Anyone order the pulse headset from amazon? Mine was due to be delivered today (i have prime) but no sign and an post have come and gone. App still says delivery today so who knows. Not that i can do anything with them until thursday but i want them god dammit haha

If you're in Dublin, Amazon has their own delivery drivers now. Worth checking who's delivering it in your order history. Could still be coming.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement