Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

jones wrote: »
    Anyone order the pulse headset from amazon? Mine was due to be delivered today (i have prime) but no sign and an post have come and gone. App still says delivery today so who knows. Not that i can do anything with them until thursday but i want them god dammit haha

Could be Amazon Logistics delivering it, you can see the drivers location on the app. If the tracking number starts with GA (I could be wrong) then it is Amazon delivering, they come throughout the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Anyone order the pulse headset from amazon? Mine was due to be delivered today (i have prime) but no sign and an post have come and gone. App still says delivery today so who knows. Not that i can do anything with them until thursday but i want them god dammit haha

Great spot with the curry's pulse 3d stock! Ordered and arriving Monday! Been refreshing that argos page 10times a day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Markitron wrote: »
    I replied to this a couple of times, did you try any of those suggestions?

Sincere apologies - WIll check them - Thanks.

And thanks to the others posts above with review and guide. Much Appreciated.

I tried a few things but in all honesty, with HDR enabled it look much worse than off. Washed out as per the Gameranx video. I'm somehwat happy with the other option as OFF, but I will look into the guide posted and check if there is a way to improve it.

Shame - The TV has 4 HDMI slots and only 2 take 4K - I got the new Chromecast with remote and LOVE it with new UI - That deffo gets the second slot after the PS.

Anyone know if Sky Q HD box needs a 4K HDMI slot to bring up quality or does this apply to a SKY box?

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Bit curious that of all the things Argos lists, and obviously doesn't list, they manage to list a PS5 NVMe SSD, getting a bit ahead of themselves there I think. Also, apparently it has lights in it, yeah somebody didn't proof read that. RGB Lighting controls to match your style. Back to the drawing board Argos

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8882378/Trail/searchtext%3EPS5.htm

Curiously enough then they've the other PS5 accessories up there, stock levels vary store to store but one example is that the HD Camera for Limerick says "pre order for delivery to store on the 20th November" Interesting so they're either getting a delivery on the 19th or overnight on the 20th............................interesting *strokes chin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Berty wrote: »

Curiously enough then they've the other PS5 accessories up there, stock levels vary store to store but one example is that the HD Camera for Limerick says "pre order for delivery to store on the 20th November" Interesting so they're either getting a delivery on the 19th or overnight on the 20th............................interesting *strokes chin :D

The accessories came out last Thursday 12th here in Ireland and UK.

Argos didnt get any of the sold out accessories / high demand ones at all, the charging station and headset, they got zero stock of both.

They got the controllers, cameras and media remotes in last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/features/playstation-ceo-jim-ryan-70-fair-price-ps5-games-launch-line/

Jim Ryan: £70 is a fair price for PS5 games

What an absolute twat this Jim Ryan guy is, I don't like him at all. I imagine any consumer unfriendly decisions like raising prices and remastering stuff with a charge comes from him.

The cheek of him coming out and saying 70GBP/80EUR is fair when the US pays 70USD (EDIT: Plus tax in some states, which still ends up being significantly cheaper than our price even if you remove the tax from our price even though US is far richer than most EU nations who have to pay this. I feel for the likes of Portugal more than us who have very low wages and have to pay this).

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

Bloody impulse purchase of the Pulse 3D and DualSense charging dock from Curry’s even though the dock is more expensive than RRP 🀨

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

rm212 wrote: »
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/features/playstation-ceo-jim-ryan-70-fair-price-ps5-games-launch-line/

Jim Ryan: £70 is a fair price for PS5 games

What an absolute twat this Jim Ryan guy is, I don't like him at all. I imagine any consumer unfriendly decisions like raising prices and remastering stuff with a charge comes from him.

The cheek of him coming out and saying 70GBP/80EUR is fair when the US pays 70USD.

Haven't seen a price as high as €70 anywhere but the PS Store for COD. Spider-man MM is €59.99 seems standard enough, even if it is more of a standalone DLC rather than a full game.

Not entirely true that the US pay $70. In most states they don't have sales tax on the price until you checkout, unless you happen to (like my US profile) live in a sales tax free state. Bless you Delaware.

Prices seem more or less the same as PS4 on current viewing. Not entirely unfair they may be €5/10 more expensive for next gen gaming IMO.

Glico Man wrote: »
    Haven't seen a price as high as €70 anywhere but the PS Store for COD. Spider-man MM is €59.99 seems standard enough, even if it is more of a standalone DLC rather than a full game.

Not entirely true that the US pay $70. In most states they don't have sales tax on the price until you checkout, unless you happen to (like my US profile) live in a sales tax free state. Bless you Delaware.

Prices seem more or less the same as PS4 on current viewing. Not entirely unfair they may be €5/10 more expensive for next gen gaming IMO.

The official pricing is not 70 EURO, it's 80 EURO. Sony have already announced that all of their main first party titles (Miles Morales excluded because it is smaller) will be price at 80 EURO and 70GBP. Look at Demon's Souls for an example. Horizon and God of War Ragnarok will be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Glico Man wrote: »

Not entirely unfair but the prices have definitely gone up more than i thought they would. Demon Souls is €80 on the Irish PSN (well €79.99) it is why i purchased the disk PS5 if you were at the mercy of the store particularly in Europe its an expensive business. Disks are practically always cheaper and can be resold or lent etc.

• Advertisement

Not entirely unfair but the prices have definitely gone up more than i thought they would. Demon Souls is €80 on the Irish PSN (well €79.99) it is why i purchased the disk PS5 if you were at the mercy of the store particularly in Europe its an expensive business. Disks are practically always cheaper and can be resold or lent etc.

That's the new price point for first party full sizes games. 80 euro. We used to get disc copies for 60 euro, so a 20 euro increase.

Even Miles Morales is now 60 euro, which they compared to Uncharted Lost Legacy in size and scope, which launched at 40 euro, again a 20 euro increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Lucked out on Currys earlier today and grabbed the headset and charging station. No idea if I will actually receive it but the order has been placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The cheek of him coming out and saying 70GBP/80EUR is fair when the US pays 70USD.

They pay $70 before tax. We pay €80 after tax, which is 23%.

If you want to compare like with like, we pay €61.60 before tax for games, the US pays $70 before tax for games.

• Berty wrote: »
    Bit curious that of all the things Argos lists, and obviously doesn't list, they manage to list a PS5 NVMe SSD, getting a bit ahead of themselves there I think. Also, apparently it has lights in it, yeah somebody didn't proof read that. RGB Lighting controls to match your style. Back to the drawing board Argos

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8882378/Trail/searchtext%3EPS5.htm

Ensure to check Argos regardless on Wednesday night and Early Thursday morning. Better off taking the time to check regardless.

They pay $70 before tax. We pay €80 after tax, which is 23%.

If you want to compare like with like, we pay €61.60 before tax for games, the US pays $70 before tax for games.

Your maths is wrong there, 80 / 123 * 100 = 65.04 we pay before tax. You have to divide by 123 and multiply by 100 to get the tax off something that includes tax.

What is 65.04 in USD? 77.28. So there you go, even with the tax argument, it's 10% more here before tax.

And tell me, why doesn't the tax argument apply to the actual console? It's 499 euro and 499 dollars. The convention has ALWAYS been price parity between $ and € because it works out to be roughly fair. But now it is $70 and €80 for games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

70USD plus tax.

70USD plus tax.

Which is still significantly cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Anyone have payment taken from Amazon yet? My delivery says between 21-24th.

Bit silly that they can deliver me a toothbrush by tomorrow morning if I order it right now but the ps5 will take a few days by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Evilbart wrote: »

Bit silly that they can deliver me a toothbrush by tomorrow morning if I order it right now but the ps5 will take a few days by the looks of it.

Only UK so far, they have started shipping them there alos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

USD is quite weak at the moment. If you took the pre-pandemic exchange rate from around February (which is probably when a lot of these decisions are made), 70 USD before tax would be about the same as 80 EUR. 6 months into a Biden presidency the rates might be the back there again. It's a bit of a pointless exercise making such comparisons.

It's far more relevant to just make a judgement on whether you believe the price here is reasonable value for money and I don't think it's unreasonable, it's basically just keeping up with inflation and it's competitive with a cinema trip or other any other form of entertainment for the amount of hours you typically get. I remember paying £70 for N64 games when average salaries were probably half what they are now. Plus PSN sales are usually very good value, most games are heavily discounted after a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭mr c

Evilbart wrote: »

Mine is still showing in the open orders section , marked "Arriving Friday"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Looks to have been a firmware update released but doesn't seem to address the rest mode issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Looks to have been a firmware update released but doesn't seem to address the rest mode issues.

What exactly are the rest modes issues? Does it just crash or what's the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Was just gonna post this can't find any info on what it does though other than "System Performance"

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

mr c wrote: »
    Mine is still showing in the open orders section , marked "Arriving Friday"

Is this shipping directly to your Irish address?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

What exactly are the rest modes issues? Does it just crash or what's the problem?

I think it's not just Rest Mode, but Spiderman MM is mixed in with the error somehow too. Basically, whatever the cause, it can brick your console

https://screenrant.com/ps5-rest-mode-turn-off-settings-playstation-5-problems/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

sticker wrote: »
    I assume heat issues etc will not be effected if the PS5 is placed horizontally... I dont fancy leaving it vertical with a looper of a 7 year old son in close proximity :D

That reminds me when I had my launch PS4. It was only three days old and I came i to my son (then 2) trying to jam a disc in to it while there was already one in it. Drive was ****ed. Quick call to Sony and a "Oh I don't know what happened it just stopped working" later and it was sent off for repairs. They never charged me thankfully and I learned a valuable lesson about technology and littlies.

It was a sad week while it was gone :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I think it's not just Rest Mode, but Spiderman MM is mixed in with the error somehow too. Basically, whatever the cause, it can brick your console

https://screenrant.com/ps5-rest-mode-turn-off-settings-playstation-5-problems/

Good thing i saw this so, was planning on leaving it on Thursday night on rest mode to download all the digital games I want for it, will just let them download in the background on Friday while playing so although on PS4 at least that was always way slower and rest mode was the fastest way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Good thing i saw this so, was planning on leaving it on Thursday night on rest mode to download all the digital games I want for it, will just let them download in the background on Friday while playing so although on PS4 at least that was always way slower and rest mode was the fastest way

Sony released another patch today, but it's not clear yet if it has fixed the issue. Seemingly, you shouldn't attach a USB hard drive to the back USB port either, it's been known to cause issues

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement