Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kirkfx

They pay $70 before tax. We pay €80 after tax, which is 23%.

If you want to compare like with like, we pay €61.60 before tax for games, the US pays $70 before tax for games.

Close, but you calculated 23% of €80

Its €65 before VAT of 23% (€14.95) => Total €79.95

Edit: Just saw someone else already posted the correct maths

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Sitting here saying to myself that surely Smyths will hand over the consoles today, just to cover themselves and ensure everything gets delivered by Thursday....and we might get it tomorrow if DPD are on point... :(

Been refreshing all day, even managed to take Friday off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

I'm hoping Smyths throw a few up for sale after uncompleted preorders. I may be clutching at straws though.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Sitting here saying to myself that surely Smyths will hand over the consoles today, just to cover themselves and ensure everything gets delivered by Thursday....and we might get it tomorrow if DPD are on point... :(
    I'd imagine they'll be collected from smyths early tomorrow morning and they'll be delivered on Thursday for some folk, Friday for other folk

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Sony released another patch today, but it's not clear yet if it has fixed the issue. Seemingly, you shouldn't attach a USB hard drive to the back USB port either, it's been known to cause issues

Odd as it's suggested in the video above

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

duploelabs wrote: »
    Odd as it's suggested in the video above

Ya im confused about this external drive/rest mode issue! Are they separate issues or happen when used together?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Bill36

Hi anyone interested in Spiderman Miles Morales Ps4 version but can be upgrade to ps5 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

dan786 wrote: »
    Series X still pops up around the country in Argos here and there.

PS5 I would say Amazon is the best bet, or Harvey Norman (not officially confirmed, just a random twitter page posting it)

Other than that most UK retailers will have them again

At midnight on Wed or Thursday morning what sites would you recommend to try for PS5. If they are UK will they deliver directly to Ireland??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Ya im confused about this external drive/rest mode issue! Are they separate issues or happen when used together?

I hope not as I've just got delivery of a 4tb seagate for my ps5 to store my ps4 games

• Registered Users Posts: 22 irishps5fan!

sean72 wrote: »
    At midnight on Wed or Thursday morning what sites would you recommend to try for PS5. If they are UK will they deliver directly to Ireland??

Thats the five hundred and 15 ish question!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

Most likely it works fine, as in the video, but there are issues for a small isolated number of cases out of the many thousands of PS5s that have already been sold in the US, which is getting blown up on social media. Happens with every product launch, there will always be a few issues for a small number of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

quokula wrote: »
    Most likely it works fine, as in the video, but there are issues for a small isolated number of cases out of the many thousands of PS5s that have already been sold in the US, which is getting blown up on social media. Happens with every product launch, there will always be a few issues for a small number of people.

Ya I imagine it's a small number in the overall scheme of things but be nice if Sony would officially address it and confirm the actual issue .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

jones wrote: »
    Anyone order the pulse headset from amazon? Mine was due to be delivered today (i have prime) but no sign and an post have come and gone. App still says delivery today so who knows. Not that i can do anything with them until thursday but i want them god dammit haha

Everything with An Post is delayed.

Had an order from the UK arrive with them on November 2nd. It sat in the Dublin depot until the 12th when it moved to the Athlone depot and was delivered on the 13th.

My pulse headset arrived in their Dublin depot on Saturday morning but hasn't moved since.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

An Post have been fine for me. Everything being delivered next day. Although registered post. Was told there is a week delay when posting a parcel yesterday and it was delivered today.

Might be different for big pallet shipments etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

dan786 wrote: »
    An Post have been fine for me. Everything being delivered next day. Although registered post. Was told there is a week delay when posting a parcel yesterday and it was delivered today.

Might be different for big pallet shipments etc

Yes that's the odd thing i've been getting stuff from an post quicker than ever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    I'd imagine they'll be collected from smyths early tomorrow morning and they'll be delivered on Thursday for some folk, Friday for other folk

I think mine has been collected, I got a text from Smyths to say courier has it onboard

I think mine has been collected, I got a text from Smyths to say courier has it onboard
    Weird, Smyths just texted me to say that they sent mine to your house and that you should drop it over to my house as soon as possible

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    Weird, Smyths just texted me to say that they sent mine to your house and that you should drop it over to my house as soon as possible
    I'll PM you my address. I'll be home in 20 mins. Thanks x

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Oat23 wrote: »
    Everything with An Post is delayed.

Had an order from the UK arrive with them on November 2nd. It sat in the Dublin depot until the 12th when it moved to the Athlone depot and was delivered on the 13th.

My pulse headset arrived in their Dublin depot on Saturday morning but hasn't moved since.

Got 2 separate orders sitting in park west since last Thursday, they've still a few stops to go before they get to me too.

IGN Demon Souls review is out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Anyone get shipping notification?!!

I'm with Gamestop - Surely they need to ship it today to get to us Thursday?

sticker wrote: »
    Anyone get shipping notification?!!

I'm with Gamestop - Surely they need to ship it today to get to us Thursday?

Nothing from GS for my brother's.

Imagine the thread will be in overdrive tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Nothing from GS for my brother's.

Imagine the thread will be in overdrive tomorrow!

With good news stories hopefully.

Cos from the start, it's been a sh1tshow from Gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

My Xbox Series X came overnight from Germany via Netherlands and Dublin to Galway all in one night. Don't worry, it's not too late to get dispatched tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Sorry if too off-topic but I was just flicking through some old threads and came across the PS4 version of this one.

It's great reading looking back and gauging the mood/excitement of the time, almost exactly 7 years later.

Some familiar names still going strong too!

This link should take you to release day and the midnight collections - 29th November 2013 :)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056847661&page=549

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

BrentMused wrote: »
    Sorry if too off-topic but I was just flicking through some old threads and came across the PS4 version of this one.

It's great reading looking back and gauging the mood/excitement of the time, almost exactly 7 years later.

This link should take you to release day and the midnight collections - 29th November 2013 :)

Mentions of Xtra Vision - the nostalgia! They never let me down in fairness to them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Ffs ha, only read a couple of pages before dragging myself out or I'd be reading all night!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Found my post saying i got it, hopefully my ps5 post won't be as dramatic...

"Mine just arrived! Was delivered to the lads in the office downstairs. By the time I got there, opened it up and found a Dell PC inside. Getting the fuk outta here before something else happens!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Unfortunately looking like Smyths were telling the truth about not handing over the consoles until tomorrow.

Hopefully DPD are well prepared to get them delivered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    With good news stories hopefully.

Cos from the start, it's been a sh1tshow from Gamestop

What s*itshow exactly are you on about? Do you have a console on pre-order
    with them? If so did they send you a email stating you are in the launch day allocation?
    I seem to be one of the very few here, that support GS, because I've always got what I expect from them?
    I'm curious as to what they did to you, that you are very vocal about? I know
    I'm slightly off topic here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement