Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,212 ✭✭✭✭CSF

bazzz wrote: »
    What s*itshow exactly are you on about? Do you have a console on pre-order
    with them? If so did they send you a email stating you are in the launch day allocation?
    I seem to be one of the very few here, that support GS, because I've always got what I expect from them?
    I'm curious as to what they did to you, that you are very vocal about? I know
    I'm slightly off topic here.

I think the biggest worry is that they’re not responding to peoples emails.

They might still send us tracking details tomorrow and we get it Thursday but I’m very worried now that this won’t happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

with them? If so did they send you a email stating you are in the launch day allocation?
    I seem to be one of the very few here, that support GS, because I've always got what I expect from them?

You must work for them, do ya?

They f'd up the Xbox launch. People still haven't gotten their consoles.

Apparently, they've chosen An Post to carry out deliveries. A company that currently displays a disclaimer on its website to expect delays.

Learning nothing from the Xbox launch, they still haven't dispatched the Ps5. It should have gone Monday to see any chance of delivery on launch day.

The continually promote content on social media channels, but will stay silent when queried by concerned customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

All you have to do is look at GS's Facebook and Twitter.

No replies to a lot of people. People getting texts about an email they never received to pay for their order and when they try and contact them they can't. As someone else has said maybe be they will ship tomorrow but their customer service seems to be a shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

In depth technical look at Demon Souls from Digital Foundry

https://youtu.be/kAv-ajC1bWg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,096 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Everyone already made room for the console or will you leave it until you get it before venturing behind the tv to the cables?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Everyone already made room for the console or will you leave it until you get it before venturing behind the tv to the cables?

Have the space for it set aside next to the vinyl player (literally the only place it will go near the TV given its size!) Every other spot is too small. But will need to wait til I have it to venture behind as I don't have a HDMI2.1 cable in situ.

The space excites me.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Was only thinking this today. I'll Chuck it behind the monitor on Thursday and then try clean things up on Friday on my day off. Moving rooms in two weeks so no point in cleaning things up too much

Then I'll have it connected to a 58" and a 27" monitor, for single player and multiplayer games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I actually have no clue where I'm gonna put the console and I didn't really think of that until now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Only one place i can put it, side of tv unit, vertical on stand. I've looked at the empty space a few times and thought "not clean enough, you shall be clean when the PS5 enters you" and then i realised I was being Dennis from Always Sunny which is a bit worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Spent a while sorting that last wkend. No way I want to waste valuable playing time once it comes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I took the "entertainment section" apart and now there's a LAN and hdmi cable just waiting for a PS5 to plug in :D

Cables through the wall already. LAN, HDMI and power ready to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Hopefully mine will go behind the TV until the toddler learns to stay away from breakable things. Nearly had heart failure last week when she chucked a plug at my (relatively) new TV.

The problem with this design is that it'll attract toddlers like moths to a flame :D

Cyberpunk video out showing current gen and next gen gameplay.

Current gen looks very...... current

Hope they get that patch out soon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Cyberpunk video out showing current gen and next gen gameplay.

Current gen looks very...... current

Hope they get that patch out soon!!

It was a Xbox One X, the most powerful of the current gen consoles. I shudder to think how it runs on a original Xbox One. Reckon the PS4 Pro will run fine as well, probably just lower res than the One X.

I do think it interesting they didn't show any of the base consoles. I would be worried about how it will run on those.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Apparently, they've chosen An Post to carry out deliveries. A company that currently displays a disclaimer on its website to expect delays.

Learning nothing from the Xbox launch, they still haven't dispatched the Ps5. It should have gone Monday to see any chance of delivery on launch day. J

The continually promote content on social media channels, but will stay silent when queried by concerned customers.

I ordered my XBox from GS on preorder day. Sent precious night by UPS and delivered on launch day. Problems seem to stem from orders taken in store which are now closed. And no i don’t work for GS.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

For anyone that bought the pulse 3D or DualSense Charging Stand off Curry’s today, do the items on your account say “On-Hold?”?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

petes wrote: »
    All you have to do is look at GS's Facebook and Twitter.

No replies to a lot of people. People getting texts about an email they never received to pay for their order and when they try and contact them they can't. As someone else has said maybe be they will ship tomorrow but their customer service seems to be a shambles.

Thank f*$K I don't do FB. I think that the ones that are getting it, have been contacted by now. The only stages left regarding online orders, are the shipment email and the eventual arrival of the console. That will happen in the next 24hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

jammer84 wrote: »
    For anyone that bought the pulse 3D or DualSense Charging Stand off Curry’s today, do the items on your account say “On-Hold?”?

Yeah I ordered the headset today aswell, shows 'on hold' also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Ya would think that, wouldn't ya..

I got my pre-ordered XSX on launch day, as expected and usual.

They've used An Post and had launch consoles to most before launch day, for
    many launches. They are also using UPS for the PS5 launch pre-orders.

Learning nothing from the Xbox launch, they still haven't dispatched the Ps5. It should have gone Monday to see any chance of delivery on launch day.

A: They didn't f@8k up the XB launch, most I know got theirs for launch. B:
    It's not their fault there's a pandemic, which has caused all the An Post delays.
    C: There's a strict policy on breaking "street date" with the PS5, that's why they can't send them till sometime tomorrow.

I can't really say much on that.

• Advertisement

Must see about my housekeeping tomorrow evening. Not too worried about copying anything from PS4. Can just redownload any games. There's nothing I'm in the middle of playing that I'm in a rush to get back to.
    Think only game I left mid game, or rather in the early levels is Iron Man VR, and from the look of it, I won't be playing that on the PS5 anytime soon.

Anyone hear anything about the adaptor? I remember seeing people saying elsewhere that they had got dispatch mails and seems some got it.
    No word on European shipments though.

As for making room for the PS5, will need to do some rearranging.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Must see about my housekeeping tomorrow evening. Not too worried about copying anything from PS4. Can just redownload any games. There's nothing I'm in the middle of playing that I'm in a rush to get back to.
    Think only game I left mid game, or rather in the early levels is Iron Man VR, and from the look of it, I won't be playing that on the PS5 anytime soon.

Anyone hear anything about the adaptor? I remember seeing people saying elsewhere that they had got dispatch mails and seems some got it.
    No word on European shipments though.

As for making room for the PS5, will need to do some rearranging.

Nothing on the adaptor here either. I have heard of a few people getting dispatch mails however the majority I have heard of just received them with no mail in advance. Hoping for it to arrive in next week. Can't imagine there's an enormous amount of adaptors needed relative to the amount of PS5 consoles produced.

The adaptor ooks big enough
    https://i.imgur.com/0TNvVZZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭Cotts72

blaa85 wrote: »
    Yeah I ordered the headset today aswell, shows 'on hold' also.

I forgot to log in when ordering so can't check the status at present. I see the site are showing it as out of stock now.. Hopefully we are still good

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Ive 2 x PS5s on the way. Delivery from Smyths with confirmation Email on Sun Night.
    There is a disclaimer that some packages are delivered in their original boxes.

This concerns me as 1 is a Christmas surprise.
    Im, really hoping DPD or whatever courier used are delivering with unmarked boxes to houses.

Im sure Im not the only one that has taught of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Smyth's deliver massive stuff like swings in their original packaging. I've got stuff bigger than the ps5 in generic boxes recently

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

My Amazon order shipped at 3am.

I have it going directly to my Irish address and it shipped with an Amazon tracking number.

Looks I will have it tomorrow fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

One more sleep....

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

Evilbart wrote: »

I have it going directly to my Irish address and it shipped with an Amazon tracking number.

Payment taken for me but it hasn't been dispatched. Devastated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Evilbart wrote: »

Same, except shipping to PM. Be interesting to compare delivery times.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement