Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Lads, what of DPD don't pick up until tomorrow?

WHAT IF DPD DONT PICK UP UNTIL TOMORROW

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

fixXxer wrote: »
    Lads, what of DPD don't pick up until tomorrow?

WHAT IF DPD DONT PICK UP UNTIL TOMORROW

You stop that right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Matthew316

Guys does anyone know with Smyths Click and Collect will opening between 8am-9am be for console collection only?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Courier van across the road delivering to a neighbour and a minute later I hear the doorbell but they'd already headed off(contactless deliveries eh)

Brain thinks "Did I order a PS5 for delivery?"
    "Hold on, you didn't order anything in the past few weeks from anywhere"
    "Did the courier drop a PS5 off at the wrong house?"

Nope, pair of swimming googles for my neighbour.

Thing is though, would the courier actually leave a PS5 on my doorstep and drive off? I'm on a fairly busy R road, if you drive slow enough you'd see my doorstep, therefore a PS5.

Making anybody worried yet? :D

Matthew316 wrote: »
    Guys does anyone know with Smyths Click and Collect will opening between 8am-9am be for console collection only?

They are open at 8am, surely they won't define this as console collection only but you shouldn't go there without a reservation. Unless you're somebody who orders something random(not PS5) tonight then you might go after the school run/before work tomorrow but I would say the amount of people who do that will be pretty low.

I expect only PS5 people after 8am tomorrow and at least before 10am.
    Smyths wrote:
    You will receive a ready for collection email and SMS when your order is ready for collection. Our stores will be open for collection from 8am on launch day - Thursday 19th November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

PS5 prices are climbing fast on CEX. €640 cash now,
    https://ie.webuy.com/search?categoryIds=1061&categoryName=playstation5-consoles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Berty wrote: »
    Thing is though, would the courier actually leave a PS5 on my doorstep and drive off? I'm on a fairly busy R road, if you drive slow enough you'd see my doorstep, therefore a PS5.

Yes, this would definitely happen. Couriers don't give a **** lately! I've had plenty of packages just dropped at my door with no indication it was there, this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

PS5 prices are climbing fast on CEX. €640 cash now,
    https://ie.webuy.com/search?categoryIds=1061&categoryName=playstation5-consoles

Will be 700+ Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

dan786 wrote: »
    Will be 700+ Friday

Mad that the digital edition isn't going up. I know demand isn't as high but seeing CEX listing something so new at retail price is a shock!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Me looking at CEX with my spare ps5 that I've promised to my brother.

3195gc.png

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jaysus it's awful lads. Toronto police have had to warn ebay next gen console sellers (scalpers) about 'sellers' luring them to a meeting place just to rob them.

Mad that the digital edition isn't going up. I know demand isn't as high but seeing CEX listing something so new at retail price is a shock!

No one will trade in digital at those prices, so Cex bump them up get stock in

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

Wing126 wrote: »
    Yes, this would definitely happen. Couriers don't give a **** lately! I've had plenty of packages just dropped at my door with no indication it was there, this year.

I had a courier recently (GLS) who delivered a package to a completely different postcode 15 miles away - in fact he just left it on their wall. He forged my signature. Luckily the homeowner who received it called me. I called GLS, and because they said I signed for it (his forgery), it means I received it. Took me a couple of weeks and multiple complaints to get them to collect it and redeliver it. Then he did the same thing... left it on my wall, 40 yards from my door, in the rain, and forged my signature.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Jaysus it's awful lads. Toronto police have had to warn ebay next gen console sellers (scalpers) about 'sellers' luring them to a meeting place just to rob them.

rented a GO car as there is no way Im taking this machine home on public transport

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

That happened to a unlce of mine over in New Jersey, except it was the 80s and a cabbage patch doll :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

I just wanted to ask....Even with my 2TB HD my PS4 Pro is permanently out of disk space (Shared system, and like to have a good few games ready to spin up ASAP)

After a few choice games are decided on my most urgent PS5 purchase will be a second NVMe drive.

Wondering if people are buying these yet, what the choices are like and if there's any good advice going.

Thanks.

I know some of you are thinking of this as a victimless crime....Shame on you......

LeeroyJ. wrote: »
    rented a GO car as there is no way Im taking this machine home on public transport

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

I respect your commitment to PS5

• Registered Users Posts: 17 RedSteve

Has anyone received an email about the Smyths Click and Collect for tomorrow?
    I haven’t gotten any notification and the money hasn’t been taken from my account yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

RedSteve wrote: »
    I haven’t gotten any notification and the money hasn’t been taken from my account yet.

Nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

RedSteve wrote: »

Was coming here to ask the same thing. Thought it would have come out first thing this morning.

Rx713B wrote: »
    Nothing yet

That’s a relief, I’ve tried asking them on Twitter but no response yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    I respect your commitment to PS5

I just asked my Girlfriend to move in with me.....No way I'm ever leaving my PS5 at home.... unguarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Mango Joe wrote: »
    I just wanted to ask....Even with my 2TB HD my PS4 Pro is permanently out of disk space (Shared system, and like to have a good few games ready to spin up ASAP)

After a few choice games are decided on my most urgent PS5 purchase will be a second NVMe drive.

Wondering if people are buying these yet, what the choices are like and if there's any good advice going.

Thanks.

Don't buy anything yet....thats even Sony's advice.
    Leaked WD presentation had them claiming 'certification' for their recent Black SN850, but that's nowhere to be seen on their advertising. Specs look up to scratch, but with the expansion disabled, there is no way to test it, so hold off for now. Its not a feature for launch.
    External SSD would be more of a priority IMO for PS4 stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mango Joe wrote: »

Thanks.

Simply put: don’t buy one yet. It won’t even work in your machine. Wait until Sony releases a list of approved drives.

Smyths wont have any more stock tomorrow as per their email sent out now.

dan786 wrote: »
    Smyths wont have any more stock tomorrow as per their email sent out now.

Had you pre ordered it?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,096 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wing126 wrote: »
    tdyNVg.png

Was going to post this but then wondered would a Nintendo reference be allowed in here. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

McDermotX wrote: »
    Don't buy anything yet....thats even Sony's advice.
    Leaked WD presentation had them claiming 'certification' for their recent Black SN850, but that's nowhere to be seen on their advertising. Specs look up to scratch, but with the expansion disabled, there is no way to test it, so hold off for now. Its not a feature for launch.
    External SSD would be more of a priority IMO for PS4 stuff.

Funnily enough, Argos are selling this as a PS5 SSD. €260 though :eek::eek::eek:
    https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8882378/Trail/searchtext%3EWD.htm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement