Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

RedSteve wrote: »
    Had you pre ordered it?

Yes. They said they wont have any extra stock just those with preorders.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Funnily enough, Argos are selling this as a PS5 SSD. €260 though :eek::eek::eek:
    https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8882378/Trail/searchtext%3EWD.htm

The Xbox 1TB is €240 so the price here doesn’t surprise me.

These are the fastest nvme drives on the market so expect to pay €200+ in the first year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

I'll definitely be getting one of the NVME drives (let's face it the disk space is shocking on the PS5) but want sony to confirm which ones work without heat issues etc

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

dan786 wrote: »
    Smyths wont have any more stock tomorrow as per their email sent out now.

Never got this mail

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Any chance of a copy/paste? I'm supposed to be on their mailing list but haven't got anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Funnily enough, Argos are selling this as a PS5 SSD. €260 though :eek::eek::eek:
    https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8882378/Trail/searchtext%3EWD.htm

Yep. Goes back to this.

WDSN850-1536x805.jpg

But, either way, it won't work right now.......it very well might do, when Sony get their stuff together, but its far too much of an investment (if buying for PS5 only, if going into a PC otherwise, not so much).
    Its not far off the going rate, especially up against the Seagate Card for the Xbox, so even when Sony update the console, its a significant outlay, but it's going to be a necessary one IMO. Pricing will drop overtime, when more manufacturers provide options, but its not a concern right now. Just a bit of care with installations, and ideally keep the PS4 games external.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

jones wrote: »
    I'll definitely be getting one of the NVME drives (let's face it the disk space is shocking on the PS5) but want sony to confirm which ones work without heat issues etc

Doubt there will be heat issues, but yeah it'll be best to just juggle the space for the first 6 months (complete educated guess) until the internal drive expansion capability is enabled on the PS5.

Rx713B wrote: »
    Never got this mail

smyhs.png

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dwainec

Should we be looking on Amazon from midnight tonight for any extras or would they not update till the morning. Anyone any ideas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

dwainec wrote: »
    Should we be looking on Amazon from midnight tonight for any extras or would they not update till the morning. Anyone any ideas

Amazon will release stock around Midday

Argos Midnight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

RedSteve wrote: »
    Has anyone received an email about the Smyths Click and Collect for tomorrow?
    I haven’t gotten any notification and the money hasn’t been taken from my account yet.

No, but the last mail I received said

'You will receive a ready for collection email and SMS when your order is ready for collection'

So that implies that we won't hear from then until tomorrow (or end of business today)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,095 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

smyhs.png

Did you register interest or anything? I've C&C with them but never got it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭McFly85

Yeah just saw this too, and I’m not surprised. I think this year will probably have most retailers announcing when they will release additional stock to pre-order and everything will be online or click and collect.

I still think there will be some availability between now and Christmas in most places, as there are bound to be cancelled pre-orders/failed transactions etc over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

CastorTroy wrote: »

It looks like its from their Smyths Gaming newsletter.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

McDermotX wrote: »
    Yep. Goes back to this.

But, either way, it won't work right now.......it very well might do, when Sony get their stuff together, but its far too much of an investment (if buying for PS5 only, if going into a PC otherwise, not so much).
    Its not far off the going rate, especially up against the Seagate Card for the Xbox, so even when Sony update the console, its a significant outlay, but it's going to be a necessary one IMO. Pricing will drop overtime, when more manufacturers provide options, but its not a concern right now. Just a bit of care with installations, and ideally keep the PS4 games external.

I would go for https://www.gamingpcbuilder.com/product/samsung-980-pro/ when this is activated on PS5

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Glico Man wrote: »
    Amazon dispatch email came through about 5am, disc version.

Also says they're going to email me a password I have to tell the delivery driver which i thought odd.

Will they also teach you a secret handshake - Achievement unlocked - here's your PS5:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Glico Man wrote: »
    Amazon dispatch email came through about 5am, disc version.

Also says they're going to email me a password I have to tell the delivery driver which i thought odd.

Password is "Send it to RedXIV, cheers bud"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

CastorTroy wrote: »

Since it mentions delivery I would say its only going out to those who have home delivery booked. The C+C guys don't need it, we know we're sorted tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Will they also teach you a secret handshake - Achievement unlocked - here's your PS5:P

Never had that before, in all my years ordering from anywhere.

Maybe I'm joining the freemasons!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

.G. wrote: »
    Since it mentions delivery I would say its only going out to those who have home delivery booked. The C+C guys don't need it, we know we're sorted tomorrow.

I got the email and im down for click and collect. I'd say it's just general email if you signed up for PS5 info.

• Advertisement

My Amazon delivery date now is tomorrow. It was 21st-24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,095 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Of course you meant to say "Trophy unlocked"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I have a UPS tracking number but still says 21st to 24th

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Smyths certainly seem to be leaving this handover to DPD quite tight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

rm212 wrote: »
    Smyths certainly seem to be leaving this handover to DPD quite tight :D

Im just hoping they are all sitting in Athlone, on pallets, and pallets are going to be scanned all at once and sent out. But yeah, leaving it a bit tight. :pac:

I have a UPS tracking number but still says 21st to 24th

Yeah friend in Mullingar got UPS with same dates as you, mine is Amazon Logistics with delivery now updated to tomorrow, I am in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

When did it update?

Mine is Amazon logistics and still says delivery 21st-24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

jones wrote: »
    Was coming here to ask the same thing. Thought it would have come out first thing this morning.

It won’t be until 8/9 tonight

Evilbart wrote: »
    When did it update?

Mine is Amazon logistics and still says delivery 21st-24th.

This morning half an hour after it was dispatched the delivery updated to by 9pm tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

my amazon order is via ups but the tracking is not coming up on their system

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement