Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

dan786 wrote: »
    This morning half an hour after it was dispatched the delivery updated to by 9pm tomorrow.

Thanks Dan my last update was:

3:06 AM
    Delivery appointment scheduled IE

But still says delivery 21st-24th maybe it will update to 19th later today.

Hoping so as I booked tomorrow and Friday off as I had a ton of holidays left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Hrm I got a text from some UPS thing saying I've to pay a customs charge on my order, but amazon haven't even said it's shipped yet.

Surely BS and a scam?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Cina wrote: »
    Hrm I got a text from some UPS thing saying I've to pay a customs charge on my order, but amazon haven't even said it's shipped yet.

Surely BS and a scam?

Doesn't seem legit. There would be a customs charge if it was coming in next year. But not now

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Surely BS and a scam?
    I have gotten a couple of phishing mails before along those lines

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Doesn't seem legit. There would be a customs charge if it was coming in next year. But not now
    Yeah I'm guessing they timed it knowing a lot of people have the PS5 coming from the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭extrafluff

No post again today. Probably not getting Miles Morales in time. :(

Evilbart wrote: »
    Thanks Dan my last update was:

3:06 AM
    Delivery appointment scheduled IE

But still says delivery 21st-24th maybe it will update to 19th later today.

Hoping so as I booked tomorrow and Friday off as I had a ton of holidays left.

Happy days order just updated to delivery by 9pm tomorrow.

So happy I went with Amazon have never let me down before.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

My wife's Digital Edition PS5 has been dispatched by amazon - delivery Friday

My disk edition hasn't been dispatched yet.....I ordered mine first - this is not fair

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Didn’t notice I got this email from Smyths this morning.

Good experience with them throughout this, really looking forward to 8am tomorrow, woo!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

rm212 wrote: »
    Smyths certainly seem to be leaving this handover to DPD quite tight :D

its a bit worrying alright, I doubt everyone will get theirs tomorrow, particularly those in rural areas. Hopefully everyone will have their console by Friday and delays in delivery don't run into next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

If I don't get my PS5 tomorrow will that affect the world tendency in Demon's Souls?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Got my dispatch email but it's looking like Friday or Saturday delivery.

Not a fan of the courier service they're using. I think it's gonna be a long couple of days...

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Stephen.Walsh_

payment pending on amazon, should I be worried or be fine? Rang bank this morning to say I authorise the payment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Gonzo wrote: »
    its a bit worrying alright, I doubt everyone will get theirs tomorrow, particularly those in rural areas. Hopefully everyone will have their console by Friday and delays in delivery don't run into next week.

Yeah it seems to be cutting it tight, I get a package each month sent from Galway to Dublin and it's picked up by DPD in the afternoon, about 1 in 4 don't get delivered to me the next day so guessing it's similar the opposite direction

Famitsu are reporting only 118K units sold in Japan in 4 days. For comparison PS4 sold 322K in it's opening weekend.

This is almost certainly a supply issue, there is huge demand. Whether this is isolated to the Japanese market or not I don't know. If it's the same picture elsewhere (less than half the supply of PS4) that will be a disaster. It will mean shortages will continue well into next year. PS4 was pretty easy to get once we got into Jan / Feb of 2014.

My wife's Digital Edition PS5 has been dispatched by amazon - delivery Friday

My disk edition hasn't been dispatched yet.....I ordered mine first - this is not fair

giphy.gif

looks like the digital editions on Amazon have shipped and the disc versions are still preparing for dispatch! Weird

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I was remaining relative zen and calm about it most of the week but I'm starting to get worried about delivery now. Would have expected DPD site to have updated overnight and even for some people to start getting deliveries this evening but no updates is a bit off-putting. I've no time booked off thankfully so at least I'm not sitting here hitting F5 all day but if it gets to 4pm tomorrow and no sign of it I'll be raging.

Its hard to have much confidence in DPD in my area, have had nothing but bad experiences with them even though I suspect that's down to the driver rather than the company. Fingers crossed for everyone on here anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

It’s annoying that they stayed so steadfast (bar the few exceptions) to the street date when delivery across the country is in a shambles due to too much demand and a lockdown. They should’ve been delivering from Monday onward

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭mr c

Evilbart wrote: »
    looks like the digital editions on Amazon have shipped and the disc versions are still preparing for dispatch! Weird

Just got an email 9 minutes ago saying my non disc version has despatched from Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

Just take my money for my c&c smyths and stop toying with me you saucy minx !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

It’s annoying that they stayed so steadfast (bar the few exceptions) to the street date when delivery across the country is in a shambles due to too much demand and a lockdown. They should’ve been delivering from Monday onward

Sure, it would have been a lovely luxury to get it before the launch day but at least give them a chance to deliver on launch day before saying they're late delivering

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

even if they handed them over first thing this morning would have been something but they are still all in the hands of Smyths right now. If they don't dispatch till after close of business tonight it's going to be mental getting them all delivered by tomorrow afternoon. Im in a fairly rural area and DPD usually delivers between 12 and 4 and never after that so they really are leaving this very tight indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

even if they handed them over first thing this morning would have been something but they are still all in the hands of Smyths right now. If they don't dispatch till after close of business tonight it's going to be mental getting them all delivered by tomorrow afternoon. Im in a fairly rural area and DPD usually delivers between 12 and 4 and never after that so they really are leaving this very tight indeed.

Is there a chance they've handed them over and it just hasn't updated yet?

My hand hurts from clutching these straws.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Rx713B wrote: »
    Just take my money for my c&c smyths and stop toying with me you saucy minx !!!!

I expect this thread to blow up after 9pm as stores close, mostly, at 9pm.

Otherwise if they took money and sent collection emails even at 8pm you'd have people legging it to the stores.

Checked my credit card, nothing there. I'm not worried. :o:o:o:o:o *secretely worried anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

pcadhain wrote: »
    Sure, it would have been a lovely luxury to get it before the launch day but at least give them a chance to deliver on launch day before saying they're late delivering

It’s more than likely going to be fine for people in or near cities, but rural people could see their deliveries delayed.

Sure I’m in south county Dublin and any DPD delivery I’ve gotten has been very late in the day.

But you’re right, hopefully I’m just jumping the gun and it goes smoothly.

mr c wrote: »
    Just got an email 9 minutes ago saying my non disc version has despatched from Amazon

Nobody has had money taken or the barcode email yet right? Hopefully it's tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Nobody has had money taken or the barcode email yet right? Hopefully it's tonight.

Money taken last night for amazon, I have the tracking number too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I notice on the DPD I got said the sender data was received at 19:05. I wonder if that means the Packages will be collected at a similar time to a warehouse overnight then sent out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It’s more than likely going to be fine for people in or near cities, but rural people could see their deliveries delayed.

Delivering to rural locations, unless up the side of a mountain with no eircode, is much easier than city deliveries. If cities deliveries were just houses in estates then fine but there are people in apartments, with concierges(posh gits) but I've lived in both cities, towns and now a village(if only 2kms from the city limits of Limerick). I've asked drivers(who come to me) and they all much prefer the non city routes.

They all said the same thing, if people have eircodes then they're happy. My guys also never have full vans either, said that their city fans were often full to the brim because they'd have a lot of commercial deliveries as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Is there a chance they've handed them over and it just hasn't updated yet?

My hand hurts from clutching these straws.

Absolutely. There's a misconception that updates occur immediately when the status changes. Given the severe load on An Post and couriers, they're not updating statuses until later in the day sometimes as its not a priority over actually moving the packages.

I've had packages from An Post and DHL in the last three weeks where I've received the item and it's still either completed sorting in the post office or loaded for delivery four or five hours later.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement