Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I'm keeping the faith with DPD. I've gotten loads delivered with them(especially in the last 8 months), and it's always been pretty speedy and spot on with the hour-long window they tell you they'll deliver within.

Mind you that won't stop me wearing out my F5 key until the tracker updates.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Unless you’re following a real time map (e.g. Amazon logistics), delivery updates aren’t real time. I got a repaired JoyCon back from Nintendo last week - I got a message saying it was out for delivery several hours after the package was dropped into the post box.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Unless you’re following a real time map (e.g. Amazon logistics), delivery updates aren’t real time. I got a repaired JoyCon back from Nintendo last week - I got a message saying it was out for delivery several hours after the package was dropped into the post box.

Actually Parcel Wizard is real time, you can even see the van move on the map when it's getting closer and will often say "Driver name is 15 stops away" or something as they are timed delivery.

Okay, relatively real time, he'd pull up outside my house and the map would say that he is about 500mtrs away but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Still no dispatch confirmation from GS for disc version :confused:

Anyone with disc version get one yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Mine will be here tomorrow, got a text.

Delivery scheduled19 Nov 2020before 6pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I know I'm blatantly ignoring Smyth's email last week but my cmd+R buttons are getting faint with all the refreshing of the DPD tracking page. Just gimme a sign you're alive little PS5, any sign...please!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

What games are people getting for launch? I was going to just play Astro and see what how PS4 games play on it starting out but turns out I have more money than expected this month so thinking of picking up a couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Mine will be here tomorrow, got a text.

Delivery scheduled19 Nov 2020before 6pm

Is that from DPD?

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

lifestyle sports can do next day delivery up to 10pm with DPD, there'll be no problem here.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

What games are people getting for launch? I was going to just play Astro and see what how PS4 games play on it starting out but turns out I have more money than expected this month so thinking of picking up a couple.
    Astro
    Spider-Man.

After that I'll pick up Dark Souls and a mindless game what I mean by this is buy a Fifa or a COD. Something you can just throw on and mindlessly play. If 2077 gets good reviews I'll probably pick that up too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I've new Assassin's creed here beside me and will be giving that a bash, will report back with findings but be warned, 4 kids = little game time so I don't make progress at a rapid pace

On the bright side, Spiderman MM should last me a few weeks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

have my copy of Demon's Souls ready to go. Beyond that I'll probably wait and pick up Cyberpunk when it's out.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

I have Spiderman, didn't play the original so got the Ultimate Edition, that will do me for a while, will move than likely get COD or Fifa also

I only ever played the 1st Assassins' Creed game, found it fairly repetitive, I assume it's gotten better since then?

A320 wrote: »
    lifestyle sports can do next day delivery up to 10pm with DPD, there'll be no problem here.

For me last year. I ordered at 9:45pm(Lifestyle cut off 10pm) on the 23rd December and opened the door to find a delivery at 7:45am(no idea how long it was there). It was Nightline for me.

I'm still shocked nearly a year later.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Demon's Souls, then Bloodborne which I just pick up for €15 on the PS Store (GOTY edition). Then there are a few in the PS+ collection i'm dying to play - The Last of Us, God of War, Last Guardian.

I'm hoping by the time I've gotten through all that Elden Ring will be released

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Just scored a charging dock in Harvey Norman if anyone else is looking for them!

They have Pulse Headsets too!

I
    I only ever played the 1st Assassins' Creed game, found it fairly repetitive, I assume it's gotten better since then?

1st one was certainly repetitive, 2 improved a lot and the third game released, brotherhood was great. But the fact they repeated the formula so much meant the games felt the same up until origins where it deviated a bit. I've got Odyssey which I did mean to play but just haven't sat down to but MAIN reason I want this version of Assassin's Creed is apparently Ireland is in it :D Hoping to pillage and rob my ancestors :D

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Demon's Souls, then Bloodborne which I just pick up for €15 on the PS Store (GOTY edition). Then there are a few in the PS+ collection i'm dying to play - The Last of Us, God of War, Last Guardian.

I'm hoping by the time I've gotten through all that Elden Ring will be released

Bloodborne is free on PS5 with Ps Plus collection

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Looks like Harvey Norman will be doing click and collect tomorrow for PS5 consoles as they are allowing accessories to be picked up from stores

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

Berty wrote: »
    For me last year. I ordered at 9:45pm(Lifestyle cut off 10pm) on the 23rd December and opened the door to find a delivery at 7:45am(no idea how long it was there). It was Nightline for me.

I'm still shocked nearly a year later.

Maybe I'm mistaken so but same applies because the wife orders clothes from a small shop and it's 100% DPD next day delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Burkie7 wrote: »
    Bloodborne is free on PS5 with Ps Plus collection

No DLC, and the DLC is €19.99

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

dan786 wrote: »
    Looks like Harvey Norman will be doing click and collect tomorrow for PS5 consoles as they are allowing accessories to be picked up from stores

Any other details? When they go onsale etc? I’m desperate at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    have my copy of Demon's Souls ready to go. Beyond that I'll probably wait and pick up Cyberpunk when it's out.

Same here 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Flyingfast

Wing126 wrote: »
    Just scored a charging dock in Harvey Norman if anyone else is looking for them!

They have Pulse Headsets too!

Brilliant spot! Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

[PHP][/PHP]
    No DLC, and the DLC is €19.99

And?

/edit Just read back and see what you mean, thread is moving a bit fast :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

RedXIV wrote: »
    I've got Odyssey which I did mean to play but just haven't sat down to

Odyssey is great. People complain it's too long, which I think is a bizarre complaint. My advice... get the DLC before you start, and set out to play it over a few months, not racing to the end. It's great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,913 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

So one of my two machines (one is going to a friend for his little lad's Christmas present) is being delivered by Amazon tomorrow, the other has to be collected at Smyths. What's the bets the delivery comes while I'm over picking up the other one? :pac:

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    So one of my two machines (one is going to a friend for his little lad's Christmas present) is being delivered by Amazon tomorrow, the other has to be collected at Smyths. What's the bets the delivery comes while I'm over picking up the other one? :pac:

I can wait at your house for the Amazon one if you like, what's the address?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I'm on the fence about the Pulse Headset. Anyone have one already that can attest to the quality of them?

• Advertisement

Wing126 wrote: »
    I'm on the fence about the Pulse Headset. Anyone have one already that can attest to the quality of them?

I've got one, and it's def higher build quality than the gold headset. But I've not had a lot of exposure to other headsets so no idea what that standard is like across the board.

Audio is nice but haven't tried to really put it through the paces.

But I do like the usability updates such as battery indicators without needing to be plugged in etc.

Is there something in particular you'd like checked?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement