Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Does anyone else's Amazon Purchase say Scheduled for Delivery now? I got the dispatch email but its saying Scheduled for delivery does this mean they won't deliver it till Tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 CollieD92

Odyssey is great. People complain it's too long, which I think is a bizarre complaint. My advice... get the DLC before you start, and set out to play it over a few months, not racing to the end. It's great fun.

It's not a complaint about length from what I've heard and more that the game forces you to grind unnecessary **** to continue the main story which artificially inflates play time. Ghost of Tsushima is a very similar game but doesn't do this, I platinumed it in about 60-70 hours but the main story can be done in 20-25, while recent AC games forces you into stuff which makes their main stories take much longer like 40+.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MrZibi

Wing126 wrote: »
    I'm on the fence about the Pulse Headset. Anyone have one already that can attest to the quality of them?

I've played hollow knight (ps4) last night and was really happy with the sound quality. Also listened to some music using my pc over a wireless connection. I think for that price if you can get its a decent headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

I'm waiting to hear when they're announcing Tempest Audio support for AV receivers. I just finished building our house and installed 5 surround and 4 ceiling speakers. Atmos sounds incredible for movies, so I'm hoping Tempest will be the same once they make it compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I'm waiting to hear when they're announcing Tempest Audio support for AV receivers. I just finished building our house and installed 5 surround and 4 ceiling speakers. Atmos sounds incredible for movies, so I'm hoping Tempest will be the same once they make it compatible.

In design phase for mine, this is very very interesting for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 jaydrum22

How long does harvey norman hold a click and collect order. I cant get there until saturday.

RedXIV wrote: »
    In design phase for mine, this is very very interesting for me

Let me know if I can help you with anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Let me know if I can help you with anything.

Will pop you off a PM :) Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I'm on the fence about the Pulse Headset. Anyone have one already that can attest to the quality of them?

Techradar have a fair review for them

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/ps5-pulse-3d-wireless-headset

Great for PS5 use. Middle of the road for anything else.

3D audio will work on other headsets you plug in to the Dualsense. Sony claims that all users can benefit from the tech using existing headphones. This is supported through USB and the 3.5mm jack so its not Pulse or nothing. However, if you want the best experience, Sony has designed its 3D Pulse Headset specifically for the tech so its integration is a lot smoother.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

Played Spider-Man PS4 on the weekend with them and thought they sounded great. Felt like I could determine the location of the bombs on the Screwball missions easier but that might have been in my head. Was previously using the Golds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Does anyone else's Amazon Purchase say Scheduled for Delivery now? I got the dispatch email but its saying Scheduled for delivery does this mean they won't deliver it till Tuesday?

Mine does - I'm pretty sure it just means an exact delivery date/time hasn't been specified yet. Hopefully it'll update later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,912 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Berty wrote: »
    I can wait at your house for the Amazon one if you like, what's the address?

So generous! I love the friendly nature of this forum! <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Furryglove

Smyths very slow to take the money for click and collect consoles, anyone having a similar experience??

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Furryglove wrote: »
    Smyths very slow to take the money for click and collect consoles, anyone having a similar experience??

Won't be taken til this evening in my experience with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Furryglove wrote: »

When they take the money you get a collection is ready email. They will not do that until the stores closes, there would be madness otherwise.

I've to pick up some shopping tonight next door to Smyths knowing my PS5 is behind a door my car could easily ram into. :pac:

Can we please add a "Please Use Search Function for Dispatch/Payment Requests" in the thread title. Living in a groundhog day reading the same question every fifteen minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Berty wrote: »
    When they take the money you get a collection is ready email. They will not do that until the stores closes, there would be madness otherwise.

I've to pick up some shopping tonight next door to Smyths knowing my PS5 is behind a door my car could easily ram into. :pac:

Willing accomplice here... Just saying

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Denisoftus wrote: »

Been answered already in the thread.

They provide pre order customers a discount code of 2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Been answered already in the thread.

They provide pre order customers a discount code of 2000.

That is a weird way of handling it, I'd say :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Denisoftus wrote: »
    That is a weird way of handling it, I'd say :)

Be even better if someone actually bought one at that price assuming they’ve no failsafe to prevent transactions from someone who hasn’t actually pre-ordered

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

I've got one already from Very in the UK but will be trying to get one for my brother tomorrow.

Anyone have a list of places that have said they have stock?

Cheers

I just an email from Amazon to say:
    Hello!

The Sony PlayStation 5 will be available for order again on Amazon.co.uk tomorrow after 12:00 noon GMT. Stock is limited.

We will make every effort to deliver all orders as soon as possible. If you order, we will email you with an estimated delivery date. However, this may be subject to change.

If you encounter any issues with payments, please see our help page here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G8FNVC5ANWDVWYAB

We look forward to seeing you again at Amazon.co.uk!

Regards,

Customer Service Department
    Amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

From Argos UK:
    PS5 launches tomorrow

Unfortunately, we won’t have any stock tomorrow but we should have some more arriving soon. We’ll let you know (in advance) nearer the time with the full details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

My wife's Digital Edition PS5 has been dispatched by amazon - delivery Friday

My disk edition hasn't been dispatched yet.....I ordered mine first - this is not fair

giphy.gif

Update: Dispatched today! :D \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭WhenPigsCry

sticker wrote: »

A part of me does wonder if I'll ever see that free adapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I mean, the website said they wouldn't start shipping until Mid November in the EU. We're technically still Mid November.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Just finished work have holidays till second of December booked apart from my girlfriend and the kids birthdays in next week or so im officially in PS5 mode haha!

• Advertisement

Just got a mail from Sony that my camera adaptor is on the way. Great news. 3-6 working days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement