Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Anyone with an Amazon order check the actual UPS tracking if you’re with them. On Amazon app tells me by end of Tuesday but UPS just updated to by the end of Friday ðŸ˜

Cash taken but not shipped and zero updates so far. Seems like the disc version is the last one to ship

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Pretty much the exact same here, except the date is 16th. So Monday

Preordered mine online - One of the first THAT FATEFUL NIGHT - No email yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

JackCDSt wrote: »
    My Smyths order with UPS hasn't updated since Saturday...

Mine too. This is actually torture. I’m having a glass of wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Ninjavampire

Anyone charged yet with C&C for Smyth? My order is still ‘in progress’ with the option to edit payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Anyone charged yet with C&C for Smyth? My order is still ‘in progress’ with the option to edit payment.

Many times said here, after 9PM.

• Advertisement

No, no update on my order page on smyths website and they haven't charged my credit card yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

No, no update on my order page on smyths website and they haven't charged my credit card yet.

Don't even have the guts to open the Smyth's order page incase I swipe cancel by mistake or something

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

After 9pm

Not to worry yet

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

For those collecting from Smyths tomorrow...
    Will most of ye be there for 8am? Im trying to decide whats the best time
    When I collected my accessories & games last week I went at 11 and it was really busy

Im thinking 8am myself, just worried everyone else will have the same idea and it will be manic

Also just on games, have COD & Miles Morales, thinking of picking up 1 more but cant decide on Valhalla or Watchdogs legion...

Cant believe its so close now!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm gonna head in for about 10. I have a feeling 8 to 10 will be busy with pre and post school run. Picking up nba 2K21 with it and getting demons souls digitally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    When I collected my accessories & games last week I went at 11 and it was really busy

Im thinking 8am myself, just worried everyone else will have the same idea and it will be manic

Also just on games, have COD & Miles Morales, thinking of picking up 1 more but cant decide on Valhalla or Watchdogs legion...

I'm gonna go in for 8 and if it's crazy busy go home and go back later in the day I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Gonna take an early lunch and head in at 11/12. Hopefully my Smyths won't be too busy at that time. Usually gets busy at 1 or 2.

I would go for Valhalla out of those two. I've heard a ton of mixed things about Legion, but mostly positive for Valhalla.

Haven't even bought a proper launch game yet, but I did pick up The Pathless on PS Store after watching this review

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'm gonna head in for about 10. I have a feeling 8 to 10 will be busy with pre and post school run. Picking up nba 2K21 with it and getting demons souls digitally.

Demon Souls looks really good and has gotten great reviews but I think it would stress me out too much :) Wouldnt be my type of game id say

Is demon souls worth picking up?.. never played a soulsbourne game..

Or am I better of chancing bloodborne first?

Yeah I think I will go for Valhalla, the only AC game I havent played is Odyssey hopefully im not missing too much by not playing that one

I generally wouldnt care about how busy Smyths could be and times but im 33 weeks pregnant and dont want to be waiting too long
    Yeah I could send my husband but im just too excited, once I dont go into early labour from all the excitement ill be doing well! Hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

The store is open from 8am for collections so i'm assuming everyone there will be PS5 people and not regular click and collect. Probably be manic no matter what time you go at. I'll probably go around 8.30 myself.

As for games I've MM already as i hear it's a great showcase for the PS5 and i loved the last spiderman. I'm going to get Demon souls probably for christmas. Out of the two you mentioned i'd probably get Valhalla looks better IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Smyths c&c charged and collection email received, is it thursday yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

LeeroyJ. wrote: »

Dam nothing for me yet

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

jones wrote: »
    Dam nothing for me yet

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Is demon souls worth picking up?.. never played a soulsbourne game..

Or am I better of chancing bloodborne first?

I think bloodborne is free from the ps plus collection so you could try that and see if you like that type of game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Wing126 wrote: »

Haven't even bought a proper launch game yet, but I did pick up The Pathless on PS Store after watching this review

Really want to hear an independant review of this, please let me know how you get on with it!

jones wrote: »
    Dam nothing for me yet

Same as, but it was after 9 for peripherals and games on my end

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

It's travelling through the network, it's travelling through the network!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah I think I will go for Valhalla, the only AC game I havent played is Odyssey hopefully im not missing too much by not playing that one

I generally wouldnt care about how busy Smyths could be and times but im 33 weeks pregnant and dont want to be waiting too long
    Yeah I could send my husband but im just too excited, once I dont go into early labour from all the excitement ill be doing well! Hahaha

Best of luck! The first 6 months are great for gaming during the day when they sleep but there are gonna be times where you'll have to decide whether you want to game or sleep, choose wisely :pac:

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Best of luck! The first 6 months are great for gaming during the day when they sleep but there are gonna be times where you'll have to decide whether you want to game or sleep, choose wisely :pac:

Thanks!

This is my second, have a 2 year old so im really not sure how it will go this time round between the 2 of them :D
    Im going to try game game as much as I can anyway until the new arrival
    I might get an hour here and there I suppose, ill take what I can get anyway in both gaming and sleep :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,449 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

RedXIV wrote: »
    Really want to hear an independant review of this, please let me know how you get on with it!

Have played an hour or two via Apple Arcade and it’s pretty good, but not spectacular. It’s an interesting attempt to add some more ‘game’ to the Journey / Abzu style of game, and the movement mechanics are very clever. The puzzles and stealth sections are fairly basic, and the mapless design is a mixed bag (can be hard to figure out where your next key item is - but I’m playing on a small screen so that could be a factor).

I’d say the bow and arrow mechanics would feel great on the new controller. But would feel a tad underwhelmed if I paid 50 quid for the physical edition. That’s just the first chunk of the game though, and it’s certainly worth a go. Just not top tier indie for me, nor even a top tier Annapurna Interactive release.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Amazon just shipped the disc version. Irish address

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Have played an hour or two via Apple Arcade and it’s pretty good, but not spectacular. It’s an interesting attempt to add some more ‘game’ to the Journey / Abzu style of game, and the movement mechanics are very clever. The puzzles and stealth sections are fairly basic, and the mapless design is a mixed bag (can be hard to figure out where your next key item is - but I’m playing on a small screen so that could be a factor).

I’d say the bow and arrow mechanics would feel great on the new controller. But would feel a tad underwhelmed if I paid 50 quid for the physical edition. That’s just the first chunk of the game though, and it’s certainly worth a go. Just not top tier indie for me, nor even a top tier Annapurna Interactive release.

That helps a lot! I was thinking this or the sackboy game to keep the kids entertained, I'll go with sackboy so :)

LeeroyJ. wrote: »

Is that a store which closed at 6?

Usually is after closing for them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

RedXIV wrote: »

Yeah of course!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement