Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Best of luck! The first 6 months are great for gaming during the day when they sleep but there are gonna be times where you'll have to decide whether you want to game or sleep, choose wisely :pac:

Isn't that what the Switch is for?

My Smyths pretty much has it's own section of car park so I'll just wait in the car and judge how busy it is. I don't expect it to be too busy since I'm not in a city

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Most Symths stores are open late so wont send click and collect text until they close because they know someone out there will try and go in this eve to get one if they did send it before closing.

So they will start going out once stores start closing, most after 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

RedXIV wrote: »
    That helps a lot! I was thinking this or the sackboy game to keep the kids entertained, I'll go with sackboy so :)

Just saw this. Yeah, if your intention is for your kids to play it definitely go with Sackboy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

dan786 wrote: »
    Most Symths stores are open late so wont send click and collect text until they close because they know someone out there will try and go in this eve to get one if they did send it before closing.

So they will start going out once stores start closing, most after 9pm.

Based on when I got my email for Miles Morales last week, I'd say you're bang on

My local store closes at 9pm Wednesday, and last Wed I got my email for the game at 9.53pm

Based on volume they'll probably be later for some people, maybe even only in the morning but before opening time at a min

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    Yeah I think I will go for Valhalla, the only AC game I havent played is Odyssey hopefully im not missing too much by not playing that one

I generally wouldnt care about how busy Smyths could be and times but im 33 weeks pregnant and dont want to be waiting too long
    Yeah I could send my husband but im just too excited, once I dont go into early labour from all the excitement ill be doing well! Hahaha

You should walk straight to the top of the queue, and any @sshole that tries to stop you will be shamed by the normal, decent people in the queue.

BTW, Odyssey is awesome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Smyths just took the money out of my account it's on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭RoryMac

I haven't ordered any games, I'm gonna sign up for PS Plus with Collection tomorrow.

What's the best option for signing up for Plus? I believe there's usually reductions around Black Friday so should I sign up for a month and then see if there's deals next week??

RoryMac wrote: »
    I haven't ordered any games, I'm gonna sign up for PS Plus with Collection tomorrow.

What's the best option for signing up for Plus? I believe there's usually reductions around Black Friday so should I sign up for a month and then see if there's deals next week??

Ya just get a limited deal and see what kinda sales happen over next few weeks. It's bound to go down somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 InDarkWoods

Same just happened to me man. Do you know if we just turn up tomorrow at 8am and collect? I didn't get any email or text yet...?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

For anyone that collected games from Smyths recently do you need the card you pay with , I dont see why they would need it if already charged but its on their site. I dont have the card I paid with as was Revolut disposable one use card.

"On arrival at the Click & Collect Counter at your selected store you will need: 1) your unique Order Number or your barcode, 2) the credit or debit card used to order the item and 3) Photo identification"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Same as me thank God ha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

dan786 wrote: »
    For anyone that collected games from Smyths recently do you need the card you pay with , I dont see why they would need it if already charged but its on their site. I dont have the card I paid with as was Revolut disposable one use card.

"On arrival at the Click & Collect Counter at your selected store you will need: 1) your unique Order Number or your barcode, 2) the credit or debit card used to order the item and 3) Photo identification"

They didn't ask me for anything last week, just the email with the barcode.
    There was a sign up for when people were collecting their xbox that ID was required, assuming same for PS5.

Same!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Payment taken!!!

Have you had Plus before?
    If you haven't, they have a 14 day trial so that would keep you going through Black Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jaydrum22

Never been so happy to see money gone out of my account

Same just happened to me man. Do you know if we just turn up tomorrow at 8am and collect? I didn't get any email or text yet...?

Unless they say different in the email they will send out tonight then yep that's what I have currently planned anyway.

If everyone's so keen to have money taken from their account, I'm always willing to volunteer my services

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭RoryMac

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Have you had Plus before?
    If you haven't, they have a 14 day trial so that would keep you going through Black Friday.

Had it back on the PS3, don't think I ever signed up on PS4 so I'll give that a shot incase, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Just got charged for my C and C in Smyths Cork tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Had it back on the PS3, don't think I ever signed up on PS4 so I'll give that a shot incase, cheers

If you had it on PS3 then you won't get a free 2 week PS+, unless using a different account.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Still no update from DPD :(

Anyone else collecting in Smyths Sligo tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Still no update from DPD :(

Mine was exact same, it just changed on the site for me now but it was timed from earlier.

"Your parcel is travelling through the DPD network

Head Office

18/11/2020 at 18:41"

Got my text and mail for Smyths collection.

And now to take this moment to once again thank Wing126 for posting that preorders were available.

So the fact they say it's available for collection means I'm legally covered and have justification for entering the store after they're closed, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

Monies gone for ps5 . No email yet

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Got my text and mail for Smyths collection.

And now to take this moment to once again thank Wing126 for posting that preorders were available.

So the fact they say it's available for collection means I'm legally covered and have justification for entering the store after they're closed, right?

Sounds about right to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Anyone else collecting in Smyths Sligo tomorrow?

Yep, no email yet but payment taken!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Rx713B wrote: »
    Monies gone for ps5 . No email yet

Usually it comes in around 9:15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

You should walk straight to the top of the queue, and any @sshole that tries to stop you will be shamed by the normal, decent people in the queue.

BTW, Odyssey is awesome!

I wouldnt be brave enough for that, im just gonna head there for 8am and hope for the best that it wont be too busy

Loved Origins but I think I never bothered with Odyssey because I had AC fatigue, so will have to cut my losses there and go straight to Valhalla

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement