Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

Ended up cancelling my Smyths preorder! Bought an LG CX OLED (but not for gaming), so the financial guilt was too much. I'll leave it until January, by then a lot of the release day games will have dropped in half and many of the initial bugs will have been ironed out. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Anyone got a suggestion to buy digital games online for my digital console

Sounds about right to me!

You'll be given an allocated time slot for collection. You can only collect at your allocated time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,278 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

RVN10 wrote: »
    Anyone got a suggestion to buy digital games online for my digital console

Suggested games or suggesting places to buy games? I'd be interested in the latter too if its even possible! I know cdkeys does have a handful of games available to buy a code for.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

So my UPS tracker has updated to say delivery due by the end of the day tomorrow. I can see the package left Finglas at about 16.40 this evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Hold on so they give you an allocated time to collect? The payment has come out but no email yet

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

RoryMac wrote: »
    I haven't ordered any games, I'm gonna sign up for PS Plus with Collection tomorrow.

What's the best option for signing up for Plus? I believe there's usually reductions around Black Friday so should I sign up for a month and then see if there's deals next week??

Check cdkeys - i got the plus for 15quid less 2 months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

So my UPS tracker has updated to say delivery due by the end of the day tomorrow. I can see the package left Finglas at about 16.40 this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

jones wrote:
    Hold on so they give you an allocated time to collect? The payment has come out but no email yet

Doubt ut say it will be whenever once you have the email. Woukd expect them about 9.15 based on the accessories last week

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

jones wrote: »

Gamestop, yes.
    Smyths, no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

loughrey wrote: »
    Ended up cancelling my Smyths preorder! Bought an LG CX OLED (but not for gaming), so the financial guilt was too much. I'll leave it until January, by then a lot of the release day games will have dropped in half and many of the initial bugs will have been ironed out. :D

You could’ve made someone here very happy if you’d passed it on.

jones wrote: »

That's what I was told. Tomorrow people will be emailed allocated time slots to avoid crowds of people during the pandemic. I think a lot of stores are doing that in the UK too. It'll likely be emailed early in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Oat23 wrote: »
    Suggested games or suggesting places to buy games? I'd be interested in the latter too if its even possible! I know cdkeys does have a handful of games available to buy a code for.

I’m after nba 2k21 but I’m not keen on paying 75€

• Registered Users Posts: 15,278 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

RoryMac wrote: »

What's the best option for signing up for Plus? I believe there's usually reductions around Black Friday so should I sign up for a month and then see if there's deals next week??

Create a second PSN account using a made up US address and buy a 12 month PS+ code from cdkeys for €26. I just renewed mine for another 12 months last week.

You only need 1 account on your console with ps+ and it lets you play online on all of the others. My US account does nothing apart from sit there giving me cheap PS+ :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

loughrey wrote: »
    That's what I was told. Tomorrow people will be emailed allocated time slots to avoid crowds of people during the pandemic. I think a lot of stores are doing that in the UK too. It'll likely be emailed early in the morning

Bit late for them to be emailing people time slots tomorrow when they are opening at 8am, I imagine alot of people like myself will be heading there at that time

They should have emailed out time slots with the collection ready email this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

A mate of mine asked me to make an offer on a PS5 pre-order on Adverts a while back as I have an account there. Now yir man that's selling it is after contacting me saying he has it for collection in the morning. I was talking to my mate and now he reckons he's gonna try and get a pre-order himself tomorrow. I'm gonna go mad if he lets me down on this as I don't want to get bad feedback because of him.

We'll see what happens tomorrow. If I do get stung with it, I'll wait till the prices in CEX come up to the cost of it and get my money back... if it comes to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    Bit late for them to be emailing people time slots tomorrow when they are opening at 8am, I imagine alot of people like myself will be heading there at that time

They should have emailed out time slots with the collection ready email this evening

That’s only Gs

Smyths aren’t doing slots

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

A mate of mine asked me to make an offer on a PS5 pre-order on Adverts a while back as I have an account there. Now yir man that's selling it is after contacting me saying he has it for collection in the morning. I was talking to my mate and now he reckons he's gonna try and get a pre-order himself tomorrow. I'm gonna go mad if he lets me down on this as I don't want to get bad feedback because of him.

We'll see what happens tomorrow. If I do get stung with it, I'll wait till the prices in CEX come up to the cost of it and get my money back... if it comes to that.

I'll buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

I guess this is digital? Cex are already offering 140 over retail for disc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Markitron wrote: »
    Usually it comes in around 9:15

At exactly 9:15, I got a text with my confirmation haha

• Advertisement

Text and email from smyths received just now... its real folks!!!!

I'll buy it
    dan786 wrote: »
    I guess this is digital? Cex are already offering 140 over retail for disc

He told me to make the offer at €750 as he thought he wouldn't have a chance at xmas.
    It's the disc one. He was supposed to be collecting it in Kilkenny tomorrow but that's on hold now if he can bag one somewhere tomorrow. I'll be left holding the can.
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

He told me to make the offer at €750 as he thought he wouldn't have a chance at xmas.
    It's the disc one. He was supposed to be collecting it in Kilkenny tomorrow but that's on hold now if he can bag one somewhere tomorrow. I'll be left holding the can.

I say the highest Cex would go to is 700 on Friday and thats only if they dont get many traded in before that. They went from 550 to 600 for Xbox 3 days after release.

This thread has been great the last few months. Thanks everyone. Happy gaming to all those who have pre orders and good luck to all those trying to grab a console tomorrow.. Enjoy everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

It's the disc one I'm after but that's too steep for me. I'm sure you'll have no problem getting rid of it for that price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Text and email from smyths received just now... its real folks!!!!

Same here, no mentioning of a particular collection time, so anytime between opening hours. I was wondering what would be the best time to go to avoid queues? I'm thinking around 11AM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Just got ready for collection text. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Are smyths actually open at 8, all I can see online and in their mails is 9am

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Denisoftus wrote: »
    Same here, no mentioning of a particular collection time, so anytime between opening hours. I was wondering what would be the best time to go to avoid queues? I'm thinking around 11AM

Anyone's guess. If they had 1000 units per store if will be mad all day if they had 50 per store it shouldn't be too bad.

• Advertisement

dan786 wrote: »
    I say the highest Cex would go to is 700 on Friday and thats only if they dont get many traded in before that. They went from 550 to 600 for Xbox 3 days after release.
    It's the disc one I'm after but that's too steep for me. I'm sure you'll have no problem getting rid of it for that price though.

Aye. It's at €640 now. I'll sit on it. I'm just gonna ring me mate in the morning and keep him on the phone till after all the pre-orders are gone everywhere :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement