Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Denisoftus wrote:
    Same here, no mentioning of a particular collection time, so anytime between opening hours. I was wondering what would be the best time to go to avoid queues? I'm thinking around 11AM

I'm dropping the little one to creche at 7.45 so going to head straight over then and hope they're open at 8.. want to avoid any regular shoppers who may be doing their Xmas pickups.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    Are smyths actually open at 8, all I can see online and in their mails is 9am

I don't know where I seen it but they definitely said open from 8 for playstation collections.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    Are smyths actually open at 8, all I can see online and in their mails is 9am

They’ve said 8 continuously for collection

Collection emails are standard though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Oat23 wrote: »
    Create a second PSN account using a made up US address and buy a 12 month PS+ code from cdkeys for €26. I just renewed mine for another 12 months last week.

You only need 1 account on your console with ps+ and it lets you play online on all of the others. My US account does nothing apart from sit there giving me cheap PS+ :pac:

Are there any downsides to this at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Nope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

I heard the 8am for Smyths too although the email dropped and says from 9am so not sure where i heard it (most likely here haha)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Just got the email there from Smyths. That's that so.

jones wrote: »
    I heard the 8am for Smyths too although the email dropped and says from 9am so not sure where i heard it (most likely here haha)

The email they sent last week said 8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

jones wrote:

They emailed last week saying stores are open from 8 on the 19th

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

jones wrote: »

Ya I was thinking the same after reading email they just sent but original one they sent said 8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

bennyl10 wrote: »
    The email they sent last week said 8

Ahhhh that's where it was! Ok i'm confused now. I'll probably still head up at 8

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

Money gone mo text or email yet

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Only if they change their policies, refuse US accounts access from outside of US, and you end up in huge collection on useless mulityplayer games, but I don't see that happening :)

Smyths have been fantastic throughout all of this. Exactly as described from start to finish.

How console launches should be done. None of the ‘que’ BS.
    Will be taking them all my business from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Smyths have been fantastic throughout all of this. Exactly as described from start to finish.

I said months back that anyone wanting the best possible service should go with them and avoid gamestop like the plague/covid.

They always are ive bought all my launch day consoles this way and never had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

I think the best bet to avoid queues is to go on Friday, will I have enough patience :) It wii be a good test :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Yeah, quite happy with my experience with Smyths.

No bull**** of taking more orders than they could fill, clear and direct communication to everyone who got a pre-order and that one time I needed to get in touch with their customer care, they were quick and easy to deal with cause I could actually get talking to them.

10/10 would pre-order again.

If you didn't use the US account as your primary account you might find a few problems. Remote play is the main one that I find from sharing ps Plus with my son.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Are we really expecting mass queues at Smyths tomorrow? Xbox seems to have been very smooth for them.

I'd be surprised if there has been three times as many pre ordered PS so it can't be that bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Ninjavampire

Never been so happy to see 500 quid taken from my account!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe someone can correct me, but I think dlc is region locked. So if you want dlc for any of the plus games you need to buy from US

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Have to say if it wasn’t for the people on here, I wouldn’t have got one in Smyths and I would have foolishly paid it off in GameStop each week. I didn’t because people were saying how bad GameStop were. I always bought my consoles in GameStop but this time they weren’t at the races at all.

Smyths have been super . Couldn’t fault them. Thanks again to the people who gave advise etc on this thread .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Am I the only one with Preorder Confirmed for Disc version from Gamestop still to have money taken or email?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Maybe someone can correct me, but I think dlc is region locked. So if you want dlc for any of the plus games you need to buy from US

This is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Are we really expecting mass queues at Smyths tomorrow? Xbox seems to have been very smooth for them.

I'd be surprised if there has been three times as many pre ordered PS so it can't be that bad

I don't mind queuing for a few mins but I just know there'll be a couple awkward feckers in front

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

sticker wrote: »
    Am I the only one with Preorder Confirmed for Disc version from Gamestop still to have money taken or email?

If not money taken then looks like you are the only one. Others are waiting on shipping mail very few got them

HEART STOPS - I just logged onto my Gamestop Account and this....???!!!!!

2020-11-18_21-50-01.png

Before...

2020-11-18_21-51-19.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

sticker wrote: »
    HEART STOPS - I just logged onto my Gamestop Account and this....???!!!!!

Looks like you have no order to be charged for so...

• Advertisement

dan786 wrote: »
    Looks like you have no order to be charged for so...

Not following - Does the order dissapear when its dispatched?!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement