Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,916 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

What third party games did we see tonight that won't be coming to PS4? RE8, Death Loop... Any others?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Almost half their stores are opening on Monday you can see the list of which ones on their site.

Yeah I will be in there want to pre order last of us 2 as well with other game 50% off so two birds one stone

• Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Really cool that the design is heavily pushing the VR peripheral.

As in, when you have it on, you don't have to look at the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I like it. It's different, but not too much so. Initially I was taken aback, but the more I look at it the more I like it. But, as above, the black version is much better, so hopeful to have that on release! #BlackConsolesMatter

Didn't think of the issue of SSD vs HDD as discussed above. Would be a shame to lose out on progression just to keep the masses happy. Either way, I'll be getting one on launch if I can. Really hoping for the all black version, but if not, I will take the hit and get a white one (sigh). Wonder if that disc size comparison pic is legit, looks worryingly tall if so! Granted, my PS4 looks just as tall, but that's because it's in a vertical holder with the PSVR headset sitting on top of it!

But yeah, Day 1 for me.

Also really, really annoyed my meeting just started as the Horizon trailer was playing, missed the reveal which I genuinely didn't think would happen (the reveal, not missing it).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I am guessing €499 for the PS5 Fat and €400 for the Digital only console.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I am guessing €499 for the PS5 Fat and €400 for the Digital only console.

Thinking €50 in the difference, €449 and €499(€499 and €549 at a push).

This will be sitting behind my TV and will be out of sight, so colour/shape doesn't matter to me.

Extra controller + 3D audio headset could be in and around €150 do we think?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

F1ngers wrote: »
    Extra controller + 3D audio headset could be in and around €150 do we think?

Each I reckon! Well, maybe not the DS, but the headset will be north of €150 I reckon. New tech, branded headset, launch series, will cost money just to have. And I'll spend it!

Luckily, I don't need a second controller, so any extra will be spent on the camera and headset, can't wait to see what the VR will look like with the new cam and console. Also, better be supported on launch, and games better have Day 1 updates if needed. They better I tells ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

One thing I don’t get is this ....

Sony is bringing out a all digital ps5, people on here are going ohh yah so buying this one and so on,

Microsoft when they brought out the all digital Xbox one, people on here ****ted on it going it’s pointless, games cost more, the list is endless

All very pot kettle ......

Sony is bringing out a all digital ps5, people on here are going ohh yah so buying this one and so on,

Microsoft when they brought out the all digital Xbox one, people on here ****ted on it going it’s pointless, games cost more, the list is endless

That was inevitable. When Xbox do something its always shot down. Playstation do it and its suddenly great.

An example is backward compatibility in the current gen. It was the most requested feature for both PS4 & XB1. When Xbox delivered suddenly no one cared about backward compatibility. "We don't buy new consoles to play old games" then when PS5 rumors circulated that it would have backward compatibility all the way back to PS2 it was the greatest console.

The question now is price for the digital only model.

*the more I look at the PS5 console design I am convinced its the North Korean model

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

McDermotX wrote: »
    Really cool that the design is heavily pushing the VR peripheral.

As in, when you have it on, you don't have to look at the console.

Yea it looks horrific, one to hide in the media unit anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Very disappointed with the selection of games that were shown. Very poor and I was expecting more

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Looks like Astro's Playroom will be preloaded on the PS5
    Here is an overview of the game, via Sony Interactive Entertainment:
    Astro and his crew lead you on a magical introduction through PlayStation 5 in this fun platformer that comes pre-loaded on PlayStation 5. Explore four worlds, each based on PlayStation 5’s console components. Each area showcases innovative gameplay that taps into the new features of the PlayStation 5’s DualSense wireless controller.

I hope it can be uninstalled. It looks like fun but I am guessing it will get really tight on space on the SSD.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Would not agree with that. I think people were keen enough on the Discless Xbox but 2 things went against it:

It came out far too late to make a big impact.

It cost pretty much the same as a Xbox One S (RRP at least).

The fact that this is a SKU released at launch makes a big difference but not guaranteed to be a successful move, other consoles that launched with multiple SKUs ended up confusing things and one ends up being far more popular than the other.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Looks great, as boxes go.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I can honestly say the aesthetics have never been a factor in my console purchasing decisions. Only caught the first 40 minutes yesterday, games looked pretty cool but I'll probably be playing some fps for the first 9 months anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I only played Astrobot recently on PSVR and it's my favourite platformer of all time, absolutely grin inducing throughout. Will gladly spin it up on the PS5 but hope there's a VR option as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

Biggest issue I had with yesterday was it didn't sell me on the console.

I will inevitably pick it up and was leaning on series x before the vid that's still the same. Mainly for gamepass services.

Sony need to tell fence sitters why they need to buy the console. Series X just weirdly feels like progression and I don't know why. Maybe it's the marketing with the raw power emphasis. Last night seemed like a step sideways, probably starting with gta and spidey 1.5 was the issue.

I wanted more on services, improvements to services like psnow (surely it can't stay in current format) I thought they would learn from Microsoft mistake but a few mins of ratchet and gta doesn't cut the mustard.

Can't wait to get demon souls in 3/4 years though

I think it looks very sleek myself. I have a monochrome setup so will fit in but i won't be getting it at launch. No one has mentioned Resi 8.
    Can't wait for that one though the rest of the lineup apart from Ratchet And Clank left me cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

recyclops wrote: »
    Biggest issue I had with yesterday was it didn't sell me on the console.

I will inevitably pick it up and was leaning on series x before the vid that's still the same. Mainly for gamepass services.

Sony need to tell fence sitters why they need to buy the console. Series X just weirdly feels like progression and I don't know why. Maybe it's the marketing with the raw power emphasis. Last night seeked like a step sideways, probably starting with gta and spidey 1.5 was the issue.

I wanted more on services, improvements to services like psnow (surely it can't stay in current format) I thought they would learn from Microsoft mistake but a few mins of ratchet and gta doesn't cut the mustard.

Can't wait to get demon souls in 3/4 years though

I half expected a Resistance game to be shown yesterday when they opened with GTA then went to Rachet and Clank and then to Grab Turismo. Looked like they were going back in time!!

Like I said in another thread it all depends on what sort of trade in deals are available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,305 ✭✭✭facehugger99

eggy81 wrote: »
    Did they reveal the box?

Yep

isolated-shot-of-closed-rectangular-cardboard-box-on-white-background-picture-id512044474?b=1&k=6&m=512044474&s=612x612&w=0&h=mmW7UyICBuRJ4ECUsMBy5GC5hUGUIqolI6Zw3XVt91U=

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

The box is hideous, I hate white consoles but I hate asymmetric consoles even more. Still gonna get one though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

You can download the PS5 Digital already on Amazon for £0.69...
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/PS5-Oppkast-ala-kart/dp/B07HM4CM5Z/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=ps5&qid=1591947373&sr=8-3

5 star rating and all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Is it released this year? Seems fast, although it will be about 2 years before I buy one and another 3 years before I complete a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

RasTa wrote: »
    Is it released this year? Seems fast, although it will be about 2 years before I buy one and another 3 years before I complete a game.

They have confirmed a release this year

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Hope they get the launch titles right as it would be a day 1 purchase for me.

Was watching and didn't think much and then Demon Souls came up, did it for me as it's the only Souls game I haven't played.

Then Resi 8 and Horizon 2 came up and that was me :pac:

Was a few in there that were interesting.

Really liked the look of Rachet and Clank but hope it's not as busy on the screen all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

It's the sort of design that would appeal to the RGB everywhere PC gamer. Doesn't appeal to me, hopefully they bring out versions with just a single tone that is not so loud. I like that they have the digital only version, haven't bought any physical media or software since the days of the PSP Go. Nice to see they are heading this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

jester77 wrote: »
    It's the sort of design that would appeal to the RGB everywhere PC gamer. Doesn't appeal to me, hopefully they bring out versions with just a single tone that is not so loud. I like that they have the digital only version, haven't bought any physical media or software since the days of the PSP Go. Nice to see they are heading this way.

I've never been keen on gaming PC designs and don't mind this at all TBH. I'd prefer something all black but it could be a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

max life wrote: »
    Very disappointed with the selection of games that were shown. Very poor and I was expecting more

Very underwhelmed with the lineup of games they showcased.

Also some bizarre games that I really couldn't fathom being attractive to anyone got included, like that Dinosaur school game - WTF.

AFAIR launch titles are usually a collection of hastily assembled games just to have some game boxes on the shelves on day one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Very underwhelmed with the lineup of games they showcased.

Also some bizarre games that I really couldn't fathom being attractive to anyone got included, like that Dinosaur school game - WTF.

AFAIR launch titles are usually a collection of hastily assembled games just to have some game boxes on the shelves on day one.

I am very much interested in that Dinosaur school game, looks like a Life is Strange game which I love.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement