Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Wing126 wrote: »
    Take it with a grain of salt cause those types of listings are also very easily edited to say whatever you want via HTML.

This is absolutely not the case. HTML is a complex computer language and near impossible to edit.

In unrelated news, the price of the console has leaked on Amazon.co.uk:

VT8iasT.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Free delivery though!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Do they accept multipack tayto or do they have to be the ones bought as singles? Is Northern Tayto worth more?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

It's interesting that this thread is a hive of activity, while other on the Xbox forum, there's barely any discussion by comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Do you have access to B2B pricing to be explain your confidence?

You seem to be basing things off of B2C pricing when these companies are signing up to near-decade long agreements for parts and have digital service strategies at play for now and for the lifetime of the console.

How am I doing that when I practically halved the price of consumer prices.

Anyway I'm either wrong or right, who cares. Time will tell.

I just can't see the strongest console generation ever being priced remotely close to the weakest one which was last gen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Homelander wrote: »
    It's interesting that this thread is a hive of activity, while other on the Xbox forum, there's barely any discussion by comparison.

Probably because they just had a PlayStation event. I'd imagine after Xbox July presentation there'll be more chat over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Render of the dimensions

Jesus its huge

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

AdamD wrote: »
    Jesus its huge

tenor.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is Northern Tayto worth more?

Northern Tayto are never worth more.

Not many even know Northern Tayto exist. Wasn't sure if it was like sterling to Euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

LiveMadeupGoral-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eurogamer.net/amp/2020-06-18-horizon-forbidden-west-launches-2021-on-playstation-5

No chance of Horizon as a launch title so.

Could really do with something to rival Halo just don't know what it's gonna be at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eurogamer.net/amp/2020-06-18-horizon-forbidden-west-launches-2021-on-playstation-5

No chance of Horizon as a launch title so.

Could really do with something to rival Halo just don't know what it's gonna be at this stage!

Tbh I don't think Halo is the huge deal it used to be, the PS5 could potentially have Spiderman, Demon's Souls and R&C as launch titles. Ghosts of Tsushima and TLOU 2 will be there in some form too. I am selling my PS4 after TLOU so GoT will effectively be a launch for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Halo was never a good game, average at absolute best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I said last week in this thread that the consoles will be €400 and €500. I also said that there would be a lot of potential price leaks coming out in the next few weeks. This is starting to transpire for the PS and XbX/S.

With the rumors of a huge event by MS in July with a potential price announcement, I am now thinking that the consoles are actually gonna be cheaper. I think Sony want MS to go with the €500 on the XbX and they will drop to €450 for the F and €350 for the D.
    Remember the article on Bloomberg reporting the manufacturing cost of $450 per unit. Sony are in the ballpark with that. I think MS have spent quite a lot more on speccing out the XbX with the more raw power components.

Sony are storming way ahead of MS in the interest from consumers for the next gen. Viewer indicators of PS vs XB on Youtube are a clear indicator of this. Sony are jebating MS. Lets see who commits first. I think it will be MS as they are under pressure to make this a success. Sony can afford to wait in the tall grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Yea I'm not a fan of the series. I have always found it annoying how frequently it is credited for popularising the console FPS, as if GoldenEye didn't already do it 4 years earlier.

That's a bit of a silly argument just because you don't like the game.

It's the game the original Xbox was built on, sells by the bucket load, critically acclaimed, has broken sales records on many occasions.

There's not much else to take away from that except it's a good game.

I don't know why people go out of their way to claim Halo isn't good, like it's all some sort of hoax, and all the reviewers and millions of fans are missing something.

Like, I thought Horizon Zero Dawn was boring, but I figured it was just not to my taste rather than go around telling people it's a bad game when clearly it objectively isn't.

Killzone is the closest thing Sony has to Halo, but it is nowhere near as popular because it's nowhere near as good.

For a long time Halo was literally the only reason I even had an Xbox, and the reason I chose Xbox over Playstation. It was the main reason all my friends had 360's over the PS3 as well. It even took me away from PC gaming for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Homelander wrote: »
    That's a bit of a silly argument just because you don't like the game.

It's the game the original Xbox was built on, sells by the bucket load, critically acclaimed, has broken sales records on many occasions.

There's not much else to take away from that except it's a good game.

I don't know why people go out of their way to claim Halo isn't good, like it's all some sort of hoax, and all the reviewers and millions of fans are missing something.

Like, I thought Horizon Zero Dawn was boring, but I figured it was just not to my taste rather than go around telling people it's a bad game when clearly it objectively isn't.

Killzone is the closest thing Sony has to Halo, but it is nowhere near as popular because it's nowhere near as good.

For a long time Halo was literally the only reason I even had an Xbox, and the reason I chose Xbox over Playstation. It was the main reason all my friends had 360's over the PS3 as well. It even took me away from PC gaming for a long time.

I'm not saying it wasn't a good game just because I didn't like it. The story was boring, it wasn't anything that hadn't been done before like quake series, half life, system shock, goldeneye/perfect dark (for console) are just a few examples that did stuff better. There's nothing wrong with being a generic shooter but if you're going to be you need a compelling story. Just because something sold by the bucket load doesn't make it good. Dacia Dusters sell by the bucket load, is it a good car? nope.

HZD had a good story, great memorable characters and decent mechanics, it's flaw in my opinion was it tried to do too much and didn't lend itself well to my gaming style. I found if I left the game for 3-5 days I completely forgot all the controls and what I was doing more so than any other games.

I wasn't really comparing Sony shooters and Microsoft shooters, just the game itself and if you blow past the hype dollars Microsoft put behind it cause of their first home console you're left with a very average game.

Ah, okay. So all the millions of fans who love the story, lore and multiplayer are just wrong or don't know any better, as are the reviewers.

I think I get it now. It only sells truckloads and is one of the most iconic franchises around for the past 17 years because of fake hype.

Bit mad how people still buy into it almost two decades later. You would almost think they're actually fairly good games.

Dacia comparison is silly by the way. No one buys it because it's an amazing car, no one pretends it's one either. What you're doing is more akin to claiming a Volkswagen Golf is actually quite unreliable

Which is grand obviously, but not exactly supported by anything and flies in the face of objective data.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

This is totally why I follow this thread...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I don't think he's saying that simply that he didn't like it.

Similarly I don't see the fuss over the Witcher 3 but again see that as a personal thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Mike3287

I said last week in this thread that the consoles will be €400 and €500. I also said that there would be a lot of potential price leaks coming out in the next few weeks. This is starting to transpire for the PS and XbX/S.

With the rumors of a huge event by MS in July with a potential price announcement, I am now thinking that the consoles are actually gonna be cheaper. I think Sony want MS to go with the €500 on the XbX and they will drop to €450 for the F and €350 for the D.
    Remember the article on Bloomberg reporting the manufacturing cost of $450 per unit. Sony are in the ballpark with that. I think MS have spent quite a lot more on speccing out the XbX with the more raw power components.

Sony are storming way ahead of MS in the interest from consumers for the next gen. Viewer indicators of PS vs XB on Youtube are a clear indicator of this. Sony are jebating MS. Lets see who commits first. I think it will be MS as they are under pressure to make this a success. Sony can afford to wait in the tall grass.

For sure they will be in that region, disk less versions especially

Keep a few euro for electric bill though :)

Those things will be power hungry, likely be a good bit higher than current gen consoles given the crazy high clock speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Ya, Its weird, its kinda like people can enjoy different things.

I think Horizon is overrated and little more that a 3rd person far cry game.
    I dropped bloodborne after Rom, as it didnt grab me like dark souls 1-3
    I fell asleep playing Uncharted 2
    I quite liked the last of us

Chocolate ice cream is an abomination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

I'm devastated that Deadly Premonition 2 is a switch exclusive :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,918 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

At last, someone is speaking sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    At last, someone is speaking sense.

This is the thing I disagreed most with in his post and he dissed Bloodborne ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Can't disagree with that!!

Not a big fan of chocolate ice cream either, but would eat it if no option.

Anyway to go off topic, does installing a game from disc, take up as much space as if you downloaded it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Mike3287 wrote: »

Keep a few euro for electric bill though :)

Those things will be power hungry, likely be a good bit higher than current gen consoles given the crazy high clock speeds.

Not really, the architecture is quite a bit more efficient

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Anyway to go off topic, does installing a game from disc, take up as much space as if you downloaded it?

Nobody knows for PS5, developers have said that because of the SSD the game files don't need to be so big to begin with because there's no need for a double copy.

They've also mentioned that you can selectively remove parts of games if the game developers have enabled the tech. Don't want multiplayer? Boom - delete it and still have the single player installed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement