Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

ronano wrote: »
    Game sharing, been interested in it. Does it mean that two ppl couldn't play the game at the same time?

Both you and a friend need ps plus.
    You have to log in to your account on a friends playstation and set that as your primary machine. They now have access to your games when they log back into their own account and you still have access on your ps4 when you log in.
    Then they do the same on your playstation.

2 people can use the same game at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Both you and a friend need ps plus.
    You have to log in to your account on a friends playstation and set that as your primary machine. They now have access to your games when they log back into their own account and you still have access on your ps4 when you log in.
    Then they do the same on your playstation.

2 people can use the same game at once.

This isn't true, neither of you need plus, the only requirement is an online connection for the person playing on the PS4 without the primary account.

You can actually share PS Plus with this method too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

Even if it works out more expensive, I'm happy to pay a little extra to download the game instantly, rather than having to go to shops, depend on places having stuff in stock, and then having tons of game boxes cluttering up my living room.

PSN sales tend to be very competitively priced, and even if you lose out on the ability to trade in, it means you do get to keep your game. It's nice knowing I have hundreds of games in my catalogue and I can quickly jump into any of them at any time, without having half my living room taken up or having to worry about discs getting scratched or anything either.

I also like to know that more of my money is going to the people who actually make the games, rather than game stores leeching a bunch off the top (or all of it in the case of second hand games)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Was in gamestop there talking about the preorder and just a heads up, if you haven't specified, you're down to get the version with the disk drive.

Also, the gamestop I was in (dundrum) said they have a good few preorders already in, and at this point, it's the accessories that you may want to consider preordering for, the headset, charging station, extra controllers etc.

RedXIV wrote: »
    Was in gamestop there talking about the preorder and just a heads up, if you haven't specified, you're down to get the version with the disk drive.

Also, the gamestop I was in (dundrum) said they have a good few preorders already in, and at this point, it's the accessories that you may want to consider preordering for, the headset, charging station, extra controllers etc.

They really shouldn't be taking pre-orders without a price or date, IMO it is an act of desperation.

• Advertisement

Markitron wrote: »
    They really shouldn't be taking pre-orders without a price or date, IMO it is an act of desperation.

Think at this point it's more driven by consumers than them. I had a preorder payment for the PS5 down in January as I like being able to chuck 50 a month off at it. All you need is 15 or 20 more like me who want peripherals and even waiting until the announcement dates and prices may be too late.

Think at this point it's more driven by consumers than them. I had a preorder payment for the PS5 down in January as I like being able to chuck 50 a month off at it. All you need is 15 or 20 more like me who want peripherals and even waiting until the announcement dates and prices may be too late.

People are desperate to pre-order it in lots of places, yet GS are the only major outlet doing it. Seems a little fishy to me,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

GameStop always took preorders before dates were available. Just getting ahead of the curve. I'd only be wary if your local store was not busy much, but the main ones will be staying open until after Xmas at least I reckon. There's 3 GameStops in Limerick, I can see one of them closing in the future (Parkway) but the other 2 are constantly busy so wouldn't make sense if they closed.

I was hoping to put on a preorder today, but a car bill is currently taking all my funds this month so will have to wait until the 25th to preorder. I want the headset and camera too so will probably need close to €70 for the deposit I reckon, minimum €50 iirc for the console, and probably €10 or maybe €20 per peripheral. Plus Ghost of Tsushima this month too. Bad month for the car to decide to have issues!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

quokula wrote: »
    Even if it works out more expensive, I'm happy to pay a little extra to download the game instantly, rather than having to go to shops, depend on places having stuff in stock, and then having tons of game boxes cluttering up my living room.

PSN sales tend to be very competitively priced, and even if you lose out on the ability to trade in, it means you do get to keep your game. It's nice knowing I have hundreds of games in my catalogue and I can quickly jump into any of them at any time, without having half my living room taken up or having to worry about discs getting scratched or anything either.

I also like to know that more of my money is going to the people who actually make the games, rather than game stores leeching a bunch off the top (or all of it in the case of second hand games)
    I buy games from PSN out of pure laziness. I want to switch on the ps4 and scroll around and decide what to play without having to get out of my chair. Might have a quick round of everybody's golf, 2 games of PES and a couple of races in wreckfest. I just love the handiness of turning on the PS, not knowing what I'm going to play and just selecting it from the menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

do you know if it is who put the deposit down first gets first dibs on the console when it arrives? I put deposit down I think in November/December with GameStop on ps5. Whenever they advertised on the pre order anyhow as so long ago.

• Advertisement

I was hoping to put on a preorder today, but a car bill is currently taking all my funds this month so will have to wait until the 25th to preorder. I want the headset and camera too so will probably need close to €70 for the deposit I reckon, minimum €50 iirc for the console, and probably €10 or maybe €20 per peripheral. Plus Ghost of Tsushima this month too. Bad month for the car to decide to have issues!

Gamestop only needed €5 per peripheral if that helps :)
    RGARDINR wrote: »
    do you know if it is who put the deposit down first gets first dibs on the console when it arrives? I put deposit down I think in November/December with GameStop on ps5. Whenever they advertised on the pre order anyhow as so long ago.

Not 100% sure what the system is now. But I know ages ago, paying off the full price counted for jumping the queue a bit. tbh, I'd say if you're already got a preorder since last year, you'd have to be fairly safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,305 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I've no interest in buying physical discs - too much hassle. I don't think I've bought a game on disc in over 6 or 7 years.

If the 4K player in the PS5 is as good as the Blu Ray player in the PS3, I'll be definitely shelling out the bit extra for the physical drive version though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

I've no interest in buying physical discs - too much hassle. I don't think I've bought a game on disc in over 6 or 7 years.

If the 4K player in the PS5 is as good as the Blu Ray player in the PS3, I'll be definitely shelling out the bit extra for the physical drive version though.

It should be very good, the AMD GPU most likely supports fast hardware decoding of the HEVC compression used in 4k blurays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Is the price confirmed

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Is the price confirmed

No

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

Rumour that July 13th will reveal the price and release date

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

BSK wrote: »
    Rumour that July 13th will reveal the price and release date

Hoping this is true just so I can get my preorder in

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With the Xbox event rumoured to be the week of the 23rd, would Sony reveal the price before?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

The sooner i get a pre order in with Smyths the better so i can some what relax about getting one day of release. Got the ps4 no problem with a pre order but i dunno there's something about the way this year is going that has me on edge :P

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

Wonder if there’s any special editions. A Spider-Man Black & Red would look nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

i dunno there's something about the way this year is going that has me on edge :P
    That's what happens when you're the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    That's what happens when you're the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar ;)
    Haha :D

All messing aside though i am hoping theres plenty of stock come November or ill be well pissed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Haha :D

All messing aside though i am hoping theres plenty of stock come November or ill be well pissed!

It's very quiet with a new console being introduced in 4-5 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

i put my deposit on in my local GS. They reckon that they have over 80 pre-orders already. I will place a holder on Amazon as well... or Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'll be heading into GameStop tomorrow to put the deposit down, but I will want them to guarantee me a release console. Don't know if they can, but if they can't, like above, I'll be using Smyths as a backup and will preorder with them when you can.

padair wrote: »
    It's very quiet with a new console being introduced in 4-5 months

Normally all the info would have been released at E3, it seems it is all coming within the next few weeks though

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Debating whether to get this at launch or not.

Have quite a large backlog and no word on backwards compatibility yet , have a large amount of ps4 and also PS VR games to get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I thought they confirmed backward compatibility?

gimli2112 wrote: »

They have. They haven't confirmed it for every game though. They said the vast majority will work but there might be the odd game that doesn't.

I'd be fairly confident there will be older and/or obscure titles that don't run properly, but any game of note will be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

gimli2112 wrote: »

Yeah, they said the top 100 ( i think) played games on PS4 have been tested, and worked well, according to what they said an age ago.

What that means for all the rest of the PS4 games I dunno, but I would guess you will see a majority of games being compatible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement