Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Markitron wrote: »
    Something tells me they won't be in any hurry to hand back those deposits if they do. I have pre-ordered almost every console with them in the last 10 years but I just don't feel comfortable doing it this time.

The deposits will be unsecured creditors if the company is liquidated and at the bottom of the pile to get anything back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

TitianGerm wrote: »
    The deposits will be unsecured creditors if the company is liquidated and at the bottom of the pile to get anything back.

Losing the pre-order would probably be the bitterest pill to swallow

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Yep. Its €50 for Gamestop PS5 preorder.
    Defo wont be going near gamestop for it. ( unless Im desperate )

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    One more reason I look forward to buying this on launch, the ****ing Update files copying on ps4. Just got a 175mb update, ah grand, done in no time......Copying 2%...............................................................................................................................................................................................................
    ....................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    .....................................................................................................................3%

:mad:

Yeah, went to play Gran Turismo last night and it was exactly like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

Remember the campaign about not preordering games because ultimately it harms consumers?
    This should be extended to consoles and hardware too.
    The games industry is changing again and dying companies will burn customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭larva

Ive bought every PS but was extremely disappointed with PS4, but ampassing on PS5. I had major noise issues coming from the fan when playing anything more than an hour, my play though Red Dead Redemption 2, a game I spent near €100 was pretty my ruined by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

It seems some Curry's/ PC World store in the UK, is getting setup for
    PS5 demo station.This Twitter User posted Twitter

Edit : Turns out, this is just a old PS4 Demo Kiosk.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

In-store controllers are a bit manky at the best of times.

Given it’s the year of COVID-19, I’d hope that quarantine tape remains in place :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

In-store controllers are a bit manky at the best of times.

Given it’s the year of COVID-19, I’d hope that quarantine tape remains in place :pac:

I'd lick the controller if it meant i could play early.

Well.... Probably not but I'd throw on 2 pairs of gloves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

I wonder will stores in Ireland have a setup line that.
    Which will be popular for a demo, the actual controller demo that comes with every console or Ratchet and Clank?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'd lick the controller if it meant i could play early.

Well.... Probably not but I'd throw on 2 pairs of gloves.

Pfft, real gamers wear gaming gloves

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Pfft, real gamers wear gaming gloves

Very true, like this absolute legend................. please tell me there's people old enough to recognise this.

powerglove_film_still_from_the_wizard.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That kid sucked at Ninja Gaiden.

The greatest gaming ad of all time.

"California"

Sony saying the kiosk isn't related to the PS5.

https://www.ign.com/articles/playstation-kiosk-ps5-pre-order-rumor

Must be for one of their many other PlayStation branded devices they would want to promote in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Sony saying the kiosk isn't related to the PS5.

https://www.ign.com/articles/playstation-kiosk-ps5-pre-order-rumor

Must be for one of their many other PlayStation branded devices they would want to promote in the future

that clear box in the middle looks very ps5 related

marketing fire extinguishing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

bennyl10 wrote: »
    that clear box in the middle looks very ps5 related

marketing fire extinguishing?

Maybe it's a test for the fans to see how it works when run under a box of plastic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Have pre ordered in GS. Said if they close down i would get refunded the 50 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

Well of course they would say that! If they shut up shop, extremely slim to zero chance of getting your deposit back.

Have pre ordered in GS. Said if they close down i would get refunded the 50 euro

Even if I did take them at their word, which I wouldn't, would still have lost a PS5 pre-order which is far worse than losing 50 quid.

I am going with Smyths but gonna try for an Amazon pre-order for backup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.png

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.png

I swear I almost posted that instead:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

who said that? the sales assistant? I'm afraid unless it comes to games or funko pops they've very little knowledge on how going out of business works. usually the smaller fry are the last to get paid. I wouldn't hold my breath.

If the shop closes you may get a refund or something but if the company shuts down, I doubt you'll get anything.
    When I got the email about my local one closing it said if I had any preorders a store manager would be in touch. I didn't so not sure what they would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

This GameStop debate has been talked about so much in this "PS" board/ PS5 thread.
    Nobody can really say what will happen. Can't this just be more about actual PS5 discussion.

Edit: I guess it's just now about GameStop and Pre-orders with them. Seeing the next few pages here are all about Gamestop.... sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

bazzz wrote: »
    This GameStop debate has been talked about so much in this "PS" board/ PS5 thread.
    Nobody can really say what will happen. Can't this just be more about actual PS5 discussion.

Yeah I think considering there are two new consoles launching in a few months, plus Xmas, if Gamestop are going under, it won't be this year. They'd be able to keep afloat for long enough (even just by closing a few stores) to make their big console/xmas bump, and could very well cut their losses after Xmas and close up. I'd say the risk of the whole company going under before then is pretty low.

bazzz wrote: »

I am guilty of this myself but it is still somewhat relevant when pre-orders come up. I probably would never mention it but that 50 quid pre-order is an eye-opener
    Penn wrote: »
    Yeah I think considering there are two new consoles launching in a few months, plus Xmas, if Gamestop are going under, it won't be this year. They'd be able to keep afloat for long enough (even just by closing a few stores) to make their big console/xmas bump, and could very well cut their losses after Xmas and close up. I'd say the risk of the whole company going under before then is pretty low.

The way things have been going they could close tomorrow and I honestly wouldn't be surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If gamestop starts to get real bad you'll see their stock being under consignment like HMV was, and the console launches will probably be one last hurrah to get a bit more for the creditors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

The kiosk in Currys is probably a PS4 one closed off due to Covid-19 safety precautions :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement