Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Digital Foundry have mentioned a few times now in videos about the costs of individual components in the PS5 and XBSX and how they feel both will be quite expensive compared to previous gens.

At 500, the PS5 would certainly be considered expensive next to the 400 quid PS4/PS4 Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Markitron wrote: »
    At 500, the PS5 would certainly be considered expensive next to the 400 quid PS4/PS4 Pro.

I don't think it will. I honestly think both consoles are going to be more than €500.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I don't think it will. I honestly think both consoles are going to be more than €500.

€449, €499 for PS5 DE and PS5
    €299. €499 for Series S and Series X

This is my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

€449, €499 for PS5 DE and PS5
    €299. €499 for Series S and Series X

This is my guess.

I think the difference between DE and standard will be bigger than that, otherwise why would people bother getting the DE?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭ricimaki

I think they'll include either a few months of PS plus, or some store credit to entice people to the digital edition, and charge €50 less for it. €450/€500 sounds about right to me.

Xbox is a whole other game, as we don't yet know what the hardware differences between the X and S are. I think Microsoft will try and undercut Sony on both, though, to try and claw back market share. Neither one wants to announce first, because the other will either charge less, or put some spin on the price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Going by your idea, Sony could announce first and when Microsoft announces, Sony can just decide to point out how their price includes a year's PSPlus or something. Though then I guess MS could do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,959 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Anyone see this leak?

Pre orders to go live sep 9th

Price announcement on the 2nd of September and pre ordering starting on the 9th of September would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Please god!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Sony themselves did say pre-orders won't just go live one day without warning, so there'll be some heads up.

• Advertisement

They certainly can't be any later than that anyway, they really should have been up by now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭nedd

More rumours on price and release date:

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/08/ps5_price_and_release_date_rumour_is_making_headlines_in_japan

I am expecting the Digital Edition to be €400, Physical edition €100 more. I have seen that a couple of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭xtal191

Think the digital version will be around €500/€550 and physical will be close to €600

Also think the accessories are gonna be stupid money at the beginning, wouldn't be surprised if that dual sense controller is close to €80

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's all just speculation and anything you see online is just click bait from crap 'journalist' sites. Don't believe anything util the decent sites like Eurogamer, Polygon, kotaku etc. say anything and once they do they will all be reporting on it anyway.

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭CertifiedSimp

Hven't been following the PS5 details but what's it looking like?

Are graphics much better? I'm at the stage thinking it must be nearly impossible to improve graphics much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Are graphics much better? I'm at the stage thinking it must be nearly impossible to improve graphics much more.

Much better

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The graphics will be better for the most part, but the biggest changes are more to do with quicker loading times and the advances in tech giving the developers more tools to work with. Plus Sony are pushing for a more immersive feel with haptic controller feedback and 3D audio.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

nedd wrote: »
    More rumours on price and release date:

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/08/ps5_price_and_release_date_rumour_is_making_headlines_in_japan

I am expecting the Digital Edition to be €400, Physical edition €100 more. I have seen that a couple of times.

Launching in Japan first makes me doubt this very much.

I also think the controller will be €80, which is inline with the Switch Pro controller, and the trend of rising cost of controllers.

Gamescom is this week. Maybe they'll mention something. Though knowing them it'll be "And using the power button, you can turn it on...and off"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Price announcement on the 2nd of September and pre ordering starting on the 9th of September would be good.

"That’s according to regular PlayStation tipster and commentator @IronManPS5 on Twitter, who doesn't exactly have the most reputable track record"

I mean there ye go, wouldn't believe that info at all. Fed up of these rumours from randomers who have no actual credentials.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Wing126 wrote: »
    "That’s according to regular PlayStation tipster and commentator @IronManPS5 on Twitter, who doesn't exactly have the most reputable track record"

I mean there ye go, wouldn't believe that info at all. Fed up of these rumours from randomers who have no actual credentials.

Agreed. This stupid game of chicken Sony and MS are playing needs to end soon.

PS5 price/release date might be the biggest and easiest clickbait in the history of the industry

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Wing126 wrote: »

This guy is a total spoofer who has been wrong more times than right. Far more often wrong than right. Believe nothing he posts

PS5 price/release date might be the biggest and easiest clickbait in the history of the industry
    Yeah the number of times I've seen those where the headline is long enough that it gets cut off before the "rumours" or "what we know so far"

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah the number of times I've seen those where the headline is long enough that it gets cut off before the "rumours" or "what we know so far"

Yea, it is at least building up a nice list of spoofy ***** that should be ignored at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just got this sent to my US PSN account, I'd say a date and price is incoming very soon

Screen_Shot_2020-08-26_at_2.18.22_PM.png

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Interesting, preorder directly from PlayStation or links to sites like Amazon or Gamestop?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

From the FAQs
    Who will be selected to receive an invitation?
    Our selection is based on previous interests and PlayStation activities.

When will I know if I’ve been selected or not?
    If you are selected, we will contact you via email before pre-orders start. If you do not receive an email, you were not selected.

If I receive an invitation, am I guaranteed to be able to pre-order a PS5 console?
    No. Each invitation is open for a limited time and quantities are limited per PSN ID per transaction:
    1 PS5 Console or 1 PS5 Digital Edition
    2 DualSense wireless controllers
    2 DualSense charging stations
    2 Pulse 3D wireless headsets
    2 Media remotes
    2 HD Cameras
    PS5 console pre-order reservations will be first come first serve.

In order to pre-order, do I have to pre-order everything?
    No. As long as your product selection falls within unit limits, you may pre-order as many or as few products as you’d like.

How long will I have to make a PS5 console pre-order reservation?
    If selected, the expiration date and time will be included in your selection notification email and while supplies last.

Can I reserve more than one PS5 console pre-order?
    Due to limited quantities and high demand, we will be limiting PS5 console pre-order reservations to 1 per PSN ID.

Will other PS5 products be available for pre-order?
    Yes. Although these will be open to the general public for pre-order, only PS5 console reservations will be limited to those invited to pre-order.

What if I receive a “Sold Out” message?
    All available PS5 consoles have been reserved.

I currently reside outside the US. If invited, can I still make a PS5 console pre-order reservation?
    If you receive an invite and units are still available, as long as you ship to a US based address, your pre-order reservation will be allowed.
    Any orders that contain a non-US based address will be cancelled.

Why would you order 2 cameras or 2 remotes when you can only get one console?
    I'm sure the offers will go to the same people that get those discount codes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Is there anything unique the Series X console does that the PS5 doesnt? They are using 3D audio, haptic feedback, adaptive triggers as USP's (not too sure what the last one does)

Bar gamepass of course

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement