Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

I wonder what Sony will announce, they must have known about the EA deal.

Surely they have something.

Well done Microsoft, they have played a blinder

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

I wonder what Sony will announce, they must have known about the EA deal.

Surely they have something.

Well done Microsoft, they have played a blinder

It’ll be great pressure for them to beef up Plus or combine it with Now or something.

Either way, we’ll benefit from the competition

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It’ll be great pressure for them to beef up Plus or combine it with Now or something.

Either way, we’ll benefit from the competition

I wouldn't hold my breath. Sony have had no intention of competing with MS digital services, not sure if relying on their better sales, exclusives or both. I'm hoping that with the PS5, they merge PS Plus and PS Now as they are a joke with the amount of games they share. Even if they did, still wouldn't be a patch on Gamepass.

As for diskless or disky, i can't go all digital just yet, not with rrp prices hitting 80 quid and Sony to keep them like that for years not including sales. I'll be relying on buying physicals cheaper and trading for the next game. Pity as diskless console looks a lot nicer. I imagine it will only be 50 cheaper but could be 100 just to entice people to get it so they will be buying games directly from Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Knowing how fickle some people are, Sony need to announce a price of €498 and release 2 random performance figures that'll make zero visible difference that are higher and they'll stroll it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Cienciano wrote: »
    Knowing how fickle some people are, Sony need to announce a price of €498 and release 2 random performance figures that'll make zero visible difference that are higher and they'll stroll it.

Haptic feedback and 3D audio. And I'm sold!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I wouldn't hold my breath. Sony have had no intention of competing with MS digital services, not sure if relying on their better sales, exclusives or both. I'm hoping that with the PS5, they merge PS Plus and PS Now as they are a joke with the amount of games they share. Even if they did, still wouldn't be a patch on Gamepass.

As for diskless or disky, i can't go all digital just yet, not with rrp prices hitting 80 quid and Sony to keep them like that for years not including sales. I'll be relying on buying physicals cheaper and trading for the next game. Pity as diskless console looks a lot nicer. I imagine it will only be 50 cheaper but could be 100 just to entice people to get it so they will be buying games directly from Sony.

Yea this needs to happen eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

Haptic feedback and 3D audio. And I'm sold!

heres hoping the third parties continue supporting these after a few months unlike the massive map button the DS4 had oh sorry the touch pad :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭klose

Cienciano wrote: »

Tbh once it dosnt sound like a passenger airline taking off and can download files where I don't have to put it into rest mode for half a day to get it done I'll be happy.

That being said, the xbox news is intriguing and might look more into it, your move Sony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

This will be my first time buying at launch. Do Dony do pre orders here direct like they do in the states? Is Smyths Amazon etc our only option

This will be my first time buying at launch. Do Dony do pre orders here direct like they do in the states? Is Smyths Amazon etc our only option

Their Irish site is terrible, even if they do offer pre-orders, you would be far better off with Smyths or Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

No, Sony don't do direct sales in Ireland. They do in the UK if that's an option for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So, announcement today or nah?

4egkn9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    So, announcement today or nah?

I don't think they'll announce so close to the Xbox announcement, as otherwise it seems like they're doing it directly in response to same (which let's face it, that's the exact reason they were holding off on announcing it all so far). They'll wait another week or so imo.

Penn wrote: »
    I don't think they'll announce so close to the Xbox announcement, as otherwise it seems like they're doing it directly in response to same (which let's face it, that's the exact reason they were holding off on announcing it all so far). They'll wait another week or so imo.

Yea, next week has to be it. I just hope they announce pre-orders straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Markitron wrote: »
    Yea, next week has to be it. I just hope they announce pre-orders straight away

PlayStation global head of marketing Ed Lempel told Geoff Keighley a few weeks ago that they will let us know when preorders go live and that it wont happen within minutes notice. So probably like with Series S and X pre-orders not going live until another week or two

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Dey do doh dont dee doh :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Sony's got new PS4 and PS4 pro Fifa 21 bundles out on October 9th.

Probably got stock to clear but still weird having new bundles, especially for the pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I'm guessing they'll announce release date and pricing early next week, with pre-orders to go live the following week. They can't really wait much longer.

shrewdness wrote: »
    I'm guessing they'll announce release date and pricing early next week, with pre-orders to go live the following week. They can't really wait much longer.

I have been saying this for almost 3 months.

Apparently they can

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Markitron wrote: »
    I have been saying this for almost 3 months.

Apparently they can

I just mean now that XBox have finally made their move! They've announced their pre-orders for September 22nd, so at the very least Sony will surely make their announcement before then. I'm guessing next week though.

• Advertisement

shrewdness wrote: »
    I just mean now that XBox have finally made their move! They've announced their pre-orders for September 22nd, so at the very least Sony will surely make their announcement before then. I'm guessing next week though.

Yea I agree, but I have given up trying to predict what they may or may not do. They are off the map at this point.

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if they held off till the start of November and pulled a Saturn with an instant launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Also Sony will more than likely do a staggered launch, they always have before.

Week 1, NA
    Week 3, EU and other PAL
    Week 15, JP :D

That could push the Irish launch into December, depending on the American one.

The PS4 Pro did release worldwide at the same time, but that was a mid cycle revision and they usually do!

If the PS5 is a global launch day, I'll be pretty surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

I think Sony really only has the choice of announcing pricing and release date today/tomorrow, or waiting until Thursday next week. Apple will take over tech news for a few days with their event on Tuesday, and Sony will probably want at least a couple days to themselves without the shadow of another event.

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Also Sony will more than likely do a staggered launch, they always have before.

Week 1, NA
    Week 3, EU and other PAL
    Week 15, JP :D

That could push the Irish launch into December, depending on the American one.

The PS4 Pro did release worldwide at the same time, but that was a mid cycle revision and they usually do!

If the PS5 is a global launch day, I'll be pretty surprised.

I am fairly certain they have said it will be a global launch, but then you could interpret that in a number of ways if you wanted to. Hopefully we don't have to wait 2 weeks more like last time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They need to release before Black Friday in the US and need to hit Europe in November as well. They won't want to release late December in Japan either as they will miss a gift giving holiday there. They will need to release in and around November.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

it would be crazy to wait until after the 22nd thats the real key date now for Sony.

Unless of course they know they cant get to 499 which would nearly make announcing prior to the 22nd silly for people who are not stuck to the brand.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

recyclops wrote: »
    it would be crazy to wait until after the 22nd thats the real key date now for Sony.

Unless of course they know they cant get to 499 which would nearly make announcing prior to the 22nd silly for people who are not stuck to the brand.

Getting out before black friday at any price will be their main goal. missing that date in the states will give microsoft an early lead (if a minor one in the grand scheme of things).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

November 20th launch. There was an amazon japan leak

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Amazon UK have Assassin's Creed Valhalla for release on the 10th of November.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Xenji wrote: »
    Amazon UK have Assassin's Creed Valhalla for release on the 10th of November.

That’s the general release date for the game, no guarantee the console will be out before that.

I could be wrong, but I think there could be precedent for a game launching before a console simply because it was cross-platform anyway?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement