Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Xenji wrote: »
    Amazon UK have Assassin's Creed Valhalla for release on the 10th of November.

I think that was to meet the Xbox console launch. Would we get both on the 10th? Would be interesting

Definitely can't see them releasing on the same day. Weren't the xbox one and ps4 releases months apart? So this situation is pretty unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

I’d love if it was out the 6th of November

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Definitely can't see them releasing on the same day. Weren't the xbox one and ps4 releases months apart? So this situation is pretty unusual.

No, they were just a week or two apart. Both November 2013. Xbox launched first, then PS4, so likely to be the same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

If it is a proper global launch, it is either gonna be the 13th or the 20th IMO, I would lean towards the former.

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    No, they were just a week or two apart. Both November 2013. Xbox launched first, then PS4, so likely to be the same here.

Ah cool, I was assuming they were similar to ps3 and 360 release. But that was probably because of Sony grabbing production issues and such at the time.

Ah cool, I was assuming they were similar to ps3 and 360 release. But that was probably because of Sony grabbing production issues and such at the time.

Yea I think that was an issue with the Blu-ray optical drive back then, but they were so arrogant they thought that delay and the price would be no issue.

I have seen a lot of casual claims in the last few months that Sony are going back to their arrogant selves. I don't think these people realise just how bad Sony were back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Just hoping for some news in the next week, have holidays put aside to take when this releases and just want to know now whether IIl can get one on launch.

would you think accessories would have to be pre ordered also. Def getting the camera and will see about how much the head set is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

November 10 according to Amazon Uk... and this is the PS5 exclusive game,

amps5.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Assassins-Valhalla-Limited-Exclusive-Amazon-co-uk/dp/B08FC1R8C9/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=ps5&qid=1599813276&sr=8-1

I do think it will be the 20th though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

November 10 according to Amazon Uk... and this is the PS5 exclusive game,

amps5.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Assassins-Valhalla-Limited-Exclusive-Amazon-co-uk/dp/B08FC1R8C9/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=ps5&qid=1599813276&sr=8-1

I do think it will be the 20th though.

That's a multiplatform game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

TitianGerm wrote: »
    That's a multiplatform game.

I think he's just saying that they have the PS5 version up for pre-order for 10 November.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

It says it's exclusive to Amazon.co.uk

I think he's just saying that they have the PS5 version up for pre-order for 10 November.

I would say they just took the general release date and applied it to every SKU of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Markitron wrote: »
    I would say they just took the general release date and applied it to every SKU of the game

Yeah, I'd imagine it's just a placeholder date for the PS5 version for the moment. I don't think the PS5 version was mentioned on the trailer they had during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'd guess they just listed it off the given Xbox date.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 LillyLin

being a fan of passtations watching the broadcast from consoles, I realized that this time Xbox would be wiser to take - especially in the beginning
    not one interesting exclusive at the beginning will not appear I did not like it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Penn wrote: »

Just looked it up, exactly a week. The Xbox One launched here on the 22nd of November. The PS4 launched on the 29th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

my sources say this will be available for xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Selling my PS3 this weekend as part of my PS5 fund. I deleted everything off it, just 15gbs used of 160, performing a full format is taking 9 hours. Ah thought that will fly down after some calculations. Nope, started this morning and 2 hours left.

The only games i haven't finished on it are demon's souls and never got the citadel dlc for ME 3. Should be covered with these on the PS5, hopefully the ME trilogy remake thing is real.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Selling my PS3 this weekend as part of my PS5 fund. I deleted everything off it, just 15gbs used of 160, performing a full format is taking 9 hours. Ah thought that will fly down after some calculations. Nope, started this morning and 2 hours left.

The only games i haven't finished on it are demon's souls and never got the citadel dlc for ME 3. Should be covered with these on the PS5, hopefully the ME trilogy remake thing is real.

How much would you get for it?
    I still have mine which I've held for Demon's Souls and Red Dead Redemption.

• Advertisement

Mine died tragically when the last Grand Theft Auto came out.....Had to borrow my brother's.

Looks like CEX will give me about 50 cash. Bought it 2nd hand at start of the year for 70 so happy with that. Bought it for some oldies but Skate 3 wasn't as good as i remembered and demons souls was not a stroll in the park as i thought it would be after clearing all others souls. RDR 1 is on PS Now as well.

9 hours later "full format complete, restart system". Ok then, restart, my profile loads straight up and signs me into psn. Worse.... format.....utility.....ever.

I used to complain about PS4 UI until i went back to ps3, horrible to get around, the store was awful and download speeds that make PS4 looks like a rocket. Makes me wonder what the PS5 UI will be like. Most of the ps4 system updates were all to do with the party function, hopefully see some nice improvements next gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

What do you need to have for the PS3 go give to CEX?
    Unit and plug lead.
    Controller.
    Controller charging cable?

I've one lying around here somewhere! Better off at CEX and me €50 richer :D

marcbrophy wrote: »
    What do you need to have for the PS3 go give to CEX?
    Unit and plug lead.
    Controller.
    Controller charging cable?

I've one lying around here somewhere! Better off at CEX and me €50 richer :D

Console, power cable, hdmi cable, ps3 controller, usb cable for controller. If you have the box, you get a few more quid but don't need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Console, power cable, hdmi cable, ps3 controller, usb cable for controller. If you have the box, you get a few more quid but don't need it.

Sweet!
    As for the HDMI, they can have one of the ones that was bought in Dealz for €1.49 that I've lying around :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,914 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

PAX is doing an online thing and there's a Sony bit in it that doesn't yet have a name but is just down as "Sony holder"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Ps5 showcase officially announced for Wednesday! 9pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

About feckin time.

Watch them still not announce the price or release date :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement