Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

It'll be an in-depth look at the Dual Sense charging station, which will end with "Stay tuned for more news soon!"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Ps5 showcase officially announced for Wednesday! 9pm

Just the link if someone is looking for it.

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/1304768744162459648?s=19

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

*45 minute-long Knack 3 presentation and absolutely nothing else*
    Mark Cerny: Thanks for watching!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Don't tease us like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,097 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

"And we're delighted to finally reveal.... Next gen remasters of the first 2 games in the series coming at launch"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,957 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

And I will see you in the next video.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭DeadWeight

Hope they don't show godfall again....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,914 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

The related blog post says;
    Before PlayStation 5 launches this holiday, we wanted to give you one more look at some of the great games coming to PS5 at launch (and beyond!).

Our next digital showcase will weigh in at around 40 minutes, and feature updates on the latest titles from Worldwide Studios and our world-class development partners.

Tune in live on Twitch or YouTube this Wednesday, September 16 at 1pm PDT / 9pm BST / 10pm CEST to see what’s next for PS5.

So just games then. :pac:

(Surely launch details will be announced. And in before "Don't call me Shirley")

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    The related blog post says;

So just games then. :pac:

(Surely launch details will be announced. And in before "Don't call me Shirley")

I think with the event they revealed the console, they never announced they were revealing it, just said it was PS5 games. I'd fully expect an update on actual launch titles and a price/date reveal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

For a millisecond, I thought that video was showing a black PS5, just towards the end. Just shadows but I got excited!

• Advertisement

Would be surprised if they don't do an announcement. Realistically need to do prior to Xbox preorders open up.

Wasn't planned to announce date and price when making the video so we'll just set someone slap a sticky note on at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

40 minutes for another "games showcase" so they must have something substantial to show before presumably finishing off with the big reveal of price/release date/pre-order details.

Wonder what they'll show games-wise. They've showed very little of Miles Morales for it being a supposed launch title, so maybe they'll show some gameplay of that. Wonder if they'll be a bit more specific on the launch line up too? Some people were talking about Demon Souls for that, maybe a bit too optimistic but it would be a big boost. Also wonder if they'll tease an announcement of a big 1st party title that won't be out for a couple of years, like the next God of War or Naughty Dog's next project, but again probably wishful thinking.

I'm sure they'll have third party games in the showcase if they're going to be launch titles. And I expect info on Backward Compatibility so they can use the similar idea to XBox where they say they've so many games at launch through BC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

My uneducated guess for launch will be:

Friday 20th of November 2020 for North America

Friday 4th of December 2020 for PAL

Sometime after Xmas for JP

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Gmens12

sorry if this sounds stupid but what res (4k 6k 8k) is the PS5

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Gmens12 wrote: »
    sorry if this sounds stupid but what res (4k 6k 8k) is the PS5

Most games will target 4k I'd imagine, with some dynamic resolution probably in action at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

marcbrophy wrote: »
    My uneducated guess for launch will be:

Friday 20th of November 2020 for North America

Friday 4th of December 2020 for PAL

Sometime after Xmas for JP

It's going to be a global launch, they have always said this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

It's going to be a global launch, they have always said this

Apologies, I never saw that stated anywhere!
    Or maybe I did and I just forgot :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Apologies, I never saw that stated anywhere!
    Or maybe I did and I just forgot :)

No problem, this actually comes up every once in a while in this thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looks like placeholder names in this Spanish store. 400 and 500 euro. Could Be bogus but I'm guessing they're the real prices.

D1zqwXS.jpeg[\img]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,914 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Ay consola!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Ay consola!

Ha, read that in bumble bee man from Simpsons voice.

So any of you guys going entirely diskless? One reason I won't is it ties self too heavily into their store. Even though I may primarily buy from it etc.

So any of you guys going entirely diskless? One reason I won't is it ties self too heavily into their store. Even though I may primarily buy from it etc.

Haven't bought physical in years so will probably go digital. I usually don't buy from the Irish store apart for multiplayer games as other regions usually offer better value.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'd say the only disk games I have are the ones I got in bundles when buying the console/bought alongside the console. Probably only have 5 at most. I mainly buy games via sales on the store, and then work off PS plus, EA access, ps now.

If it was 349, I'd seriously consider buying it. At 399, I'm a bit meh as there'll be further revisions down the line and I'd prefer if the console was smaller

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I buy physical because I want a collection and as long as digital games are €70 when physical copies are €60 in Smyths/Argos or less on Amazon I'll continue to buy discs. Smyths usually have a €5 pre-order discount too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

As that weirdo who will continue to buy Bly-Rays until digital availability becomes far better than it currently is (for world and classic cinema in particular), I have to say the UHD drive is also a selling point for the disc version. Good few years left in discs as long as Criterion, Eureka, Arrow etc keep pumping out the high-quality restorations. Would be happy to retire the PS4 entirely if there’s robust backwards compatibility and a superior Blu-Ray player in the PS5.

I still buy some games on disc, although I have been buying more digitally over the last year. The PS5 will see a lot of use as a 4k blu ray player in my house, can't ever see myself going fully digital.

• Advertisement

As that weirdo who will continue to buy Bly-Rays until digital availability becomes far better than it currently is (for world and classic cinema in particular), I have to say the UHD drive is also a selling point for the disc version. Good few years left in discs as long as Criterion, Eureka, Arrow etc keep pumping out the high-quality restorations. Would be happy to retire the PS4 entirely if there’s robust backwards compatibility and a superior Blu-Ray player in the PS5.

That's other reason for me besides the ps4 games. Still haven't invested in UHD but keep contemplating it. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement