Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Was in GameStop in Dundrum today, they aren’t taking pre-orders anymore just ‘expressions of interest’ and they wanted a deposit to do that.

No idea if they’re guaranteeing earlier ones

You can 'express interest' for free on Smith's and Gamestop websites where they will email you when preorders are up. For Gamestop to look for money for that is ...well not actually surprising at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    You can 'express interest' for free on Smith's and Gamestop websites where they will email you when preorders are up. For Gamestop to look for money for that is ...well bit actually surprising at all.

Yup..
    I’m sure they have a fair few pre orders, but slightly worrying they can’t even guarantee and they’re looking for money

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

Was in GameStop in Dundrum today, they aren’t taking pre-orders anymore just ‘expressions of interest’ and they wanted a deposit to do that.
    Its probably because soon enough playstation will launch saying pre orders open on so and so and gamestop will need to explain how some shops took 50 euro from 100s of people with no clear idea of stock haha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

No idea if they’re guaranteeing earlier ones

Hell hath no fury like RedXIV after paying off a console and not getting it on launch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

RedXIV wrote: »
    Hell hath no fury like RedXIV after paying off a console and not getting it on launch :D

Oh I’m the same

GameStop are going to have a lot of angry people if they start saying payment was for ‘expressions of interest’

• Registered Users Posts: 14,036 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I work/live nights, so midnight is like 2pm to me. There better be a midnight release, and I better get one on release. I'll be paying it off before collection, and as soon as I can I will pay it all off. Will sell the PS4 Pro and accessories afterwards, fund me a few games.

William St. Gamestop had a good system the last time I went to a midnight release. In one side, queue, out the other.

padair wrote: »

Apparently it's still more than the amount of PS4's at launch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Apparently it's still more than the amount of PS4's at launch.

Yea that was only 5 or 6 million IIRC

Markitron wrote: »
    Yea that was only 5 or 6 million IIRC

I remember I left it a bit late to preorder the PS4 and Irish company Gamesnash sorted me out with one last minute, pity they're not still around.

I remember I left it a bit late to preorder the PS4 and Irish company Gamesnash sorted me out with one last minute, pity they're not still around.

I pre-ordered mine just after the price was announced at E3, I still wasn't early enough to get the exact one I wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I kept checking Amazon for the PS4 managed to get one on launch day, well, maybe 2 after it once it shipped and landed.

I'll hope to do the same this year, cross fingers for Amazon to pull through.

Well, whatever ye do, don't get it delivered to yer office (if ye still work in an office). I got a call to say my PS4 was delivered to the lads downstairs, uh oh. Went down and they had the shiny PS4 Killzone bundle box ready for me. Handed it over and heard snickering as I was leaving. Decided to open up the box and sure enough they had replaced the PS4 with a small Dell desktop, hid the PS4 somewhere in the office. As pissed as I was they had opened up my PS4, had to laugh, they got me pretty good. No more work deliveries after that though :)

Watching the Mark Cerny PS5 dev presentation again and has me more hyped than ever.

Well, whatever ye do, don't get it delivered to yer office (if ye still work in an office). I got a call to say my PS4 was delivered to the lads downstairs, uh oh. Went down and they had the shiny PS4 Killzone bundle box ready for me. Handed it over and heard snickering as I was leaving. Decided to open up the box and sure enough they had replaced the PS4 with a small Dell desktop, hid the PS4 somewhere in the office. As pissed as I was they had opened up my PS4, had to laugh, they got me pretty good. No more work deliveries after that though :)

Watching the Mark Cerny PS5 dev presentation again and has me more hyped than ever.

Lol, is your office staffed exclusively with secondary school students :)

I can tell you for a fact I would have gone through all of them ****ers for a shortcut if that had been done to me.

Markitron wrote: »
    Lol, is your office staffed exclusively with secondary school students :)

I can tell you for a fact I would have gone through all of them ****ers for a shortcut if that had been done to me.

Nah, just a bunch of lads who work 12 hour night shifts, which i had previously done with them, and needed a way to keep themselves entertained. I would have done the exact same thing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Are we expecting more details or an announcement today then? Did I read there is a PS5 showcase on today at someone point?

9 pm tonight I think.

I'd suspect at this stage, given we're 4 weeks or so from the Xbox launch, so Sony will have to give details for price and release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Looks like bloomberg who reported on this is talking ****e. Sony have come out and denyed this rumor

• Advertisement

Looks like bloomberg who reported on this is talking ****e. Sony have come out and denyed this rumor

Weren't they the ones claiming that the discless PS5 could be less than 400 as well? Anyone banking on that is likely to be very disappointed come tonight.

I've a feeling alot of people will be disappointed tonight with pricing best they can do is price match MS but looking at their tech its gonna take a big hit to do that.

i shall be watching the finale of Des on ITV so will catch up after haha

I'd expect to PS5 to outsell the Xbox regardless of price.

Although Microsoft should be better prepared to absorb any potential loss making for each console if it goes down to a price war but Sony releasing their info second in this case, could have forced them into a price drop.

Its all guess work though, we should find out in roughly 12hours time or so.

I'm going to try pick one up on release date regardless of the price, so for me, I just want a release date. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 33,728 ✭✭✭✭Penn

recyclops wrote: »
    I've a feeling alot of people will be disappointed tonight with pricing best they can do is price match MS but looking at their tech its gonna take a big hit to do that.

i shall be watching the finale of Des on ITV so will catch up after haha

I don't think they need to undercut the price of the Series X. Once they match it, most people will be happy enough, and €500 is what most people were assuming from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I hope they announce changes to Playstation Plus and include things like PS Now with it.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'd expect to PS5 to outsell the Xbox regardless of price.

Sony know this too and know that regardless of price people will pay so no need to take the 500 hit

No way will diskless version be under 400, no one should even be expecting that.
    Disk version, 500 would be great, 550 acceptible, hopefully nothing over that. 450 would be fantastic but not expecting it to be under 500.

What I'm hoping from tonight:
    - PS plus to now include PS now in 1 happy bundle that is still completely shyte and overpriced compared to Gamepass.
    - Demons Souls /PS5 launch bundle with choice of black console.
    - NBA 2K21 Next Gen details

recyclops wrote: »
    Sony know this too and know that regardless of price people will pay so no need to take the 500 hit

If Sony price it at circa €600, they might lose a % of their fan base.

That and the parents with no loyalty to either brand buying the new console for their kids see a bundle with the same or similar games and one console is €100 quid cheaper and the person behind the counter tells them they're pretty much the same and both are brand new consoles this Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

That and the parents with no loyalty to either brand buying the new console for their kids see a bundle with the same or similar games and one console is €100 quid cheaper and the person behind the counter tells them they're pretty much the same and both are brand new consoles this Christmas.
    True but probably both be sold out one way or the other come Xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I wouldn't go for it at €600. €500 is the absolute max I'd be willing to pay and even at that I wouldn't be getting it until next summer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement