Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

GTA V, its nearly as bad as Skyrim now ffs. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

shrewdness wrote: »
    My guess for the pricing is €400/€500 for the Digital/Disk versions. Don't think they could go any lower than that for the digital, and a €100 difference seems about right. Don't think they'll want to go much more than the Series X so they'll go 500 aswell.

Few random predictions for tonight:

- Miles Morales gameplay. Seems fairly likely if that's presumably a launch title, very little of it shown so far
    - Maybe a long shot but maybe Demons Souls announced for launch. Either way the launch line up should become more clear.
    - An update/upgrade on PS Now, maybe bundled with Plus like others say.
    - A teaser of a big 1st party game that won't be out for a couple of years, GOW2 maybe.

And the big one...

- GTA V next gen gameplay :pac:

All things considered, this really isn't a long shot at all, I would put it at 50/50.
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    GTA V, its nearly as bad as Skyrim now ffs. :o

Christ these games need to **** off already, and this is coming from someone that quite likes both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Minecraft and FIFA included in Game Pass and then Fortnite is free. I never hear my little cousins mention any other games.

To be clear though the latest FIFA doesn't become available on EA access until well after its released, same with the other sports games. I think they make it available from March so FIFA 21 won't be on gamepass until March 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

To be clear though the latest FIFA doesn't become available on EA access until well after its released, same with the other sports games. I think they make it available from March so FIFA 21 won't be on gamepass until March 2021.

There hasn't been a meaningful change to FIFA in about 5 years though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I read Rockstar is rumoured to be part of the event tonight so yeah, GTA V on launch and by God I'll buy it a 3rd time! Well probably not, Online was brilliant but jumped the shark, too much shyte in it now, it really needs a new location. GTA 6 Vice City would be a lovely announcement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

while that is true the differences between fifa on a series S and ps5 wont be worth 200 or so euro.

shelling out 500 euro for a kid for a series x/ ps5 to play on a non 4k probably non hd screen is idiotic tbh. kids wont need to update for their fifas/ call of dutys or anything else for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Markitron wrote: »
    All things considered, this really isn't a long shot at all, I would put it at 50/50.

Christ these games need to **** off already, and this is coming from someone that quite likes both of them.

I suppose I'm just managing expectations, it would be a big boost if they could announce that as a launch title.

As for GTA, couldn't agree more. I loved V back in the day but it's just annoying now. The longer they keep pushing this game, the farther away GTA 6 seems to be. They've went a full console generation now without a new GTA which is a bit mad, and I'd love to see what Rockstar can do on next gen.

GavRedKing wrote: »

Problem is now the 2 lads are aware of the PS5 so Santa might be getting a request for 2 PS5's.

nows the time to for the two lads to enter the real world of disappointment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

There is already over 1,000 people waiting in the youtube stream:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjji8NEW9lo

I dont think Sony can live up to this hype.

Just announce Demon's Souls for release day and I'll be happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

TitianGerm wrote: »
    There hasn't been a meaningful change to FIFA in about 5 years though :pac:

I don't disagree but for kids they'll want the latest kits and transfers if nothing else.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I read Rockstar is rumoured to be part of the event tonight so yeah, GTA V on launch and by God I'll buy it a 3rd time! Well probably not, Online was brilliant but jumped the shark, too much shyte in it now, it really needs a new location. GTA 6 Vice City would be a lovely announcement.

Rockstar announce their games about 6 months before release. Don't expect anything at all from rockstar that isn't GTA5 related.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

recyclops wrote: »
    nows the time to for the two lads to enter the real world of disappointment

Especially if the father buys himself a PS5 and leaves the two lads fight it out over the PS4.

>>

<<

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Rockstar announce their games about 6 months before release. Don't expect anything at all from rockstar that isn't GTA5 related.

Eh, no. The last game they announced was Red Dead 2 in October 2016, came out October 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

GTAIV was announced in 2006, came out 2008. GTAV was announced in 2011, came out 2013 and RDR2 was announced in 2016, came out 2018.

There's definitely a precedent for an early announcement of a game from Rockstar.

But I 100% agree that if we get anything from Rockstar tonight, it will be GTA5 again. I don't see Rockstar announcing GTA6 any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,913 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

It will clearly be Bully 2... :pac:

The only major Rockstar game I can recall being announced that close to release was vice city in 2002.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    It will clearly be Bully 2... :pac:

I'd prefer that to any other rockstar IP.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

shrewdness wrote: »
    My guess for the pricing is €400/€500 for the Digital/Disk versions. Don't think they could go any lower than that for the digital, and a €100 difference seems about right. Don't think they'll want to go much more than the Series X so they'll go 500 aswell.

Few random predictions for tonight:

- Miles Morales gameplay. Seems fairly likely if that's presumably a launch title, very little of it shown so far
    - Maybe a long shot but maybe Demons Souls announced for launch. Either way the launch line up should become more clear.
    - An update/upgrade on PS Now, maybe bundled with Plus like others say.
    - A teaser of a big 1st party game that won't be out for a couple of years, GOW2 maybe.

And the big one...

- GTA V next gen gameplay :pac:

I’d really like them to show next gen updates to TLOU and Ghost too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I swear if they show GTAV first...

J. Marston wrote: »

They will do it again just to troll us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Or Skyrim :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Or Skyrim :pac:

GTA, Skyrim, Minecraft and then end on Resident Evil 4.

ERG89 wrote: »
    GTA, Skyrim, Minecraft and then end on Resident Evil 4.

The first 3 can **** off, but RE4 is the greatest game of all time. Half-life, Ocarina of Time, The Last of Us, Dark Souls, Mario 64....................................none of them can even touch the N-gage version of RE4 let alone the real thing. It should absolutely be front and centre of any console launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'd have no problems with Resi 4 remastered tbh.

Big rumours of a Silent Hill reboot coming though. I'd love to see that front and centre up first

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I'd have no problems with Resi 4 remastered tbh.

Big rumours of a Silent Hill reboot coming though. I'd love to see that front and centre up first

I'd go day one if they release a new silent hill from an Eastern studio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

As someone who got into the RE series with RE7, I would love an opportunity to play an RE4 Remake that's given as much love as the RE2 Remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

what will you do ??

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    On that note, f*ck anyone who buys anything at launch with the sole purpose of selling at a profit when said item sells out.

what your going to see if loads of those new facebook competitions with €5 euro entry and 250 tickets etc

Wing126 wrote: »
    As someone who got into the RE series with RE7, I would love an opportunity to play an RE4 Remake that's given as much love as the RE2 Remake.

You don't need to wait for a remake, the original is available right now on every platform and is still a 10/10 masterpiece
    recyclops wrote: »
    what your going to see if loads of those new facebook competitions with €5 euro entry and 250 tickets etc

Wait this is a thing now? So glad I haven't been anywhere near that cesspit in a decade now.

• Advertisement

Markitron wrote: »
    Wait this is a thing now? So glad I haven't been anywhere near that cesspit in a decade now.

yep although my bro did win an absolute beast of a pc rig with unreal monitor etc for 5 euro:mad::mad::mad::mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement