Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭brevity

Decent price I think.

All those games at the end will be free? With a sub?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Oh man

Ragnarok next year, insane

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Meh. Wish it came in cheaper.

Also why is the diskless edition 359 pound and disk edition 449 pound when they'rere 399 and 499 euro then for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

So when can we pre-order

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Happy with the 399 price of the digital edition but surprised no date for Demon's souls was mentioned. It's been in development for years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I right in saying the only exclusive game available at launch is Miles Morales or is that even a launch title?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Expected price, but an extremely underwhelming presentation TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,278 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

McFly85 wrote: »
    400 digital only?!?!?! A steal!!

Not really a steal when you're paying 80 quid a game or hoping for a PS Store sale for the next decade.

I like my digital games but I'd hate to be handcuffed to digital only. Can't count how many times I've seen a game on sale in Argos or Smyths for €20-€30 and the PS Store is still charging €70 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hope press kits included details of BC.

100 difference for a disk drive? How is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

So when can we pre order.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

So what can we actually play on the PS5 at launch that we can’t already play on the PS4? Launch lineup is looking very shallow, but I’ll still probably pre-order the console anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So it really does come to exclusives Vs power and Game Pass.

I'm basically all digital now anyway so €399 is pretty tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

So worth getting a ps5 in 2022 when GoW2 is released?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭xtal191

No reason to buy either xbox or PS5 this year imo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

have to say, as someone who still hasn't played a bunch of the "genre defining" games in the PS Plus collection, it's nice to have that to look forward to with my new console

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,448 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Being able to offer the digital for 400 is definitely a big win for Sony. Would have thought 450. Series S is still a bargain, but a higher end machine for 100 quid more is an attractive offering too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

RedXIV wrote: »
    have to say, as someone who still hasn't played a bunch of the "genre defining" games in the PS Plus collection, it's nice to have that to look forward to with my new console

The new Plus collection looks like a fantastic deal for anyone who didn't play through those games.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I was hoping for a demon's souls release date, looks absolutely amazing! Some great showings there, just need a pre-order date now.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭DeadWeight

Great prices when do preorders start tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I have a PS4, Xbox One X and a Switch. There's so little coming to the PS5 or Xbox Series X that honestly, if I'm buying hardware this year, it'll be an Occulus Quest 2.

A digital PS5 looks to be the most likely for me next year though when there's games worth buying a console for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,026 ✭✭✭✭cena

what it the storage for the 400 ps5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Very smart to have the PS+ Collection. Gives people who want to get a Digitial edition console most of the big games again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So releasing 2 days after XBox in the States and other countries? That'll be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Final big presentation before launch and they're showing wankery like Fortnite, Five Nights at Freddies and a remake of a decade old game that is the red-headed stepchild of its series.

Zero reason for me to buy at launch. I'll buy it around the time GoW2 is released.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So when can we pre-order?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

cena wrote: »
    what it the storage for the 400 ps5

Both are 825GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah just need to know when Smyths will take pre orders now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I think we Are all forgetting the most important piece of information to have come out of this.

I don’t have to listen to Coldplay

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Sooo what games are out at launch? Happy to wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

lack of launch games doesn't bother me, that's always the way. I played Shadowfall for a month on the Ps4 release. I'll be playing COD/Destiny or the Division anyway while I wait.
    Demon's Souls has me very hyped
    The PS Plus collection looks great and there was some games their I haven't played RE7
    Price was less than expected for me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement