Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

I’d go digital but have too many 4K blu rays

I’m not bothered since it won’t support Atmos and Vision, so I wouldn’t be able to make the most of Blu-rays anyways.

Digital all the way for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,719 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah I assumed it wasn't a launch title since they didn't mention it. But damn, I'll be adding that one to the list

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I might pass on it. Pretty much a choice of build new PC, buy Series S as cheap next gen(ish) console, get the Ps5 or just play Cyberpunk on the PS4 pro (only game im interested in buying new).

Probably lean to the latter, and get the Ps5 when they do the inevitable smaller console in a year or two. Although if there's plenty of stock come Christmas, I might change my mind on the Series S

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Demon's Souls coming to PC too?

39lkx80kokn51.png

It definitely says it, but I’m wondering if it’s a mistake as it suggests other consoles... and they’re sure as hell not releasing Demon’s Souls on Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Pre-ordered the digital edition on Gamestop.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Why the **** didn't they shout that from the roof?

I figured the presentation has been recorded for weeks.

It was rumoured to be called project nimble or something. They were probably waiting for MS to make the first move.

Doesn’t make sense to withhold that information if it helps them out hugely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Excuse my language but...

Demons souls looked ****ing sick!

All really familar but with stunning visuals added and vicious looking character animation.

Love it can't wait to stand in front of the Boletarian castle again with **** all on but some broken armour and a rusty sword!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

shrewdness wrote: »
    My guess for the pricing is €400/€500 for the Digital/Disk versions. Don't think they could go any lower than that for the digital, and a €100 difference seems about right. Don't think they'll want to go much more than the Series X so they'll go 500 aswell.

Few random predictions for tonight:

- Miles Morales gameplay. Seems fairly likely if that's presumably a launch title, very little of it shown so far
    - Maybe a long shot but maybe Demons Souls announced for launch. Either way the launch line up should become more clear.
    - An update/upgrade on PS Now, maybe bundled with Plus like others say.
    - A teaser of a big 1st party game that won't be out for a couple of years, GOW2 maybe.

And the big one...

- GTA V next gen gameplay :pac:

Got most of those right(of course they weren't crazy predictions), apart from the GTAV gameplay :(

And the GOW2 release date! Didn't expect that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1306337263568039936

Pre-Orders starting tomorrow at select retailers. So maybe Gamestop are the only ones taking Pre-orders atm?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Preordered

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Big meh from me.

The Good: The price is right. 500 and 400 is competitive with the XBox One. I don't see Sony losing dominance this gen

Launch Titles: Spiderman and Demon's Souls. It's not a stellar launch line up but with the piss poor launches for the PS3 and PS4 at least there's 2 games worth playing that will keep you entertained. A Better launch than xbox.

Bad: Just not blown away by anything I saw.

FF16 is interesting but also coming to PC. Can anyone confirm that it's a Matsuno game? If he is involved I'll be very excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hang on so not on is Demon's Souls a launch game, it's coming to PC too? WTF?

That was a fairly underwhelming video

The price was what I expected.

I was planning to get one at launch but i'll probably hold off. I've been making my way through my PS4 backlog lately and honestly i'm getting a bit bored of gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Miles Morales is 49.99? How much was Lost Legacy and Left Behind at launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭DeadWeight

Smyths should be getting this up too right?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gamestop ps5 preorder link on their site now, delivery only, no collection in store.

No preorder site Smyths yet, will be checking first thing in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Would it be better to wait a day or 2 to pre order in case any of the retailers do any bundles/deals maybe? Also no click and collect option, not sure I'm a huge fan of waiting for delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    FF16 is interesting but also coming to PC. Can anyone confirm that it's a Matsuno game? If he is involved I'll be very excited.

Haven't seen anything on this yet, and have been trawling for details. Very sparse info on the ground at the moment

EDIT:
    In fact, FF 16 director Naoki Yoshida was revealed to be the producer on Final Fantasy 16. The next big FF 16 reveal event is set for 2021.

source

presuming they mean FF 14 director

• Registered Users Posts: 33,719 ✭✭✭✭Penn

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So Miles Morales is 49.99? How much was Lost Legacy and Left Behind at launch?

I think lost legacy was 40. Left behind was much cheaper but far less content too, was barely 2 hours taking your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cyberpunk out Nov 19th so that's a launch title in my eyes as well :) i thoughts it would be out before ps5 and I'd have to wait so happy i can play that on launch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Gamestop ps5 preorder link on their site now, delivery only, no collection in store.

No preorder site Smyths yet, will be checking first thing in the morning.

You have to pay GameStop in full up front. Given the state of that company there's no way I'd leave €500 with them until November.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

When will amazon have it up for pre-order?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

They will all have pre orders tomorrow/Friday now they have price so get in the phone early.

Have one a GS since July. Hopefully high enough in the queue!!

You have to pay GameStop in full up front. Given the state of that company there's no way I'd leave €500 with them until November.

Ya it'll be a preorder on smyths or amazon for me tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

You dont online they take payment 5 days before release.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Going digital

Got the pre order in the second the link went live.

Hope I get it launch week

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Not pleased there after there flinging the pre orders out there. Would of preferred a date with some time in between for you to prepare like Microsoft did.

Look at Gamestop ffs money money money there is deffo gonna be issues with them being able to fulfill all the pre orders they have taken ffs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Honestly: while I know I could easily wait for a year to pick up a console with little consequence, in 2020 - the year of anti-normality - I’m genuinely buzzed about the prospect of picking up an expensive new box for under the TV in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 gavinmcg20

You can pay using paypal if that helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Go in store with GS it's 50 euro. They'll be around for launch. It's going to throw them a lifeline with the sales

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement