Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

RedXIV wrote: »
    My wife, god bless her cotton socks, put money down for this in Feb for my birthday so I'll check and see next time I'm near the store to see if the "expressions of interest" have been converted

Where can I pre-order myself a woman like this? :pac:

*gets coat*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Smyths and Amazon UK might go live at midnight. You also have Game UK and Shopto.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Well Cyberpunk is out Nov 19th so it's a launch title for us

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

dan786 wrote: »
    Smyths and Amazon UK might go live at midnight. You also have Game UK and Shopto.

Where did ya hear this?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Yep it will be Cyberpunk and Demon souls at launch for me if i get a console!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I hope they don't put in some restriction on ps5 to stop this.

Not sure they could. I've a UK account as I mad ethe mistake of buying PS plus originally on Amazon. Have that account years now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Where did ya hear this?

I think the key word is might. He's not saying it will happen, just guessing.

Wait has the next gen version been pushed to 2021????

Where did ya hear this?

My mind.

Lol I am hoping they do as I wont be able to preorder one while in work in the morning.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm sure there'll be third parties as well at launch.

A launch without a ubisoft game isn't a launch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Was hoping for €449, but €499 is within my limit so it's ok. Tonight's showcase was rather underwhelming, at least compared to the previous one. I wasn't expecting Silent Hill or Rockstar, but it would have been a good mic drop moment.

That new Final Fantasy looks very cool and I'm saying that as someone with zero interest in the series. Devil May Cry 5 also, again as someone who's never played them before.

Nothing worth picking up at launch though. I'll probably wait and pick up a bundle for holiday 2021, that way the software will be improved and there will be some budget launch titles available.

Zero interest in Xbox. I have one game on the One S, not a fan of Halo and anything else is on PC Game Pass like Forza Horizon or Gears.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Nervous about getting a pre order now. Have a few sites set up , don't mind getting it later . Just want one, line up for me is a bit bare.

I have pre-ordered cyberpunk the same day and I guess I will get demon souls looks phenomenal

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Not an overly impressive showing, but at least we got the release date and price. Couple of things:

- So much for the 'Global' release
    - Days Gone shown in the Plus Collection, so maybe we'll be getting it at some stage soon?
    - I was about the 100th person to pre-order in GameStop (William St, Limerick) back in April/May, hopefully with the prices announced I will go further up the list when they remove the digital people from it, so I'm confident of getting it at launch, ringing tomorrow to double check though (I've €180 paid off already, so only need another €500 for the console as that covers the Headset and Camera, and then use the PS4 trade in for a few games)
    - GOD OF WAR!!!!
    - Demons Souls - It didn't look as slow/cumbersome, but he was also 1-shotting enemies so I believe that's not an early part of the game. However, I'm slightly interested now due to the movement looking more fluid/faster. Will keep an eye on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yep it will be Cyberpunk and Demon souls at launch for me if i get a console!

Same as me. Cyberpunk is 60 in Smyths as well although i wouldn't be surprised if it got delayed again.

My mind.

Lol I am hoping they do as I wont be able to preorder one while in work in the morning.

Oh you got my hopes up there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Same as me. Cyberpunk is 60 in Smyths as well although i wouldn't be surprised if it got delayed again.

Dont be saying that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

My mind.

Smyths tweeted a one hour warning of the video and then went quiet so would be surprised if they came back online.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Where can I pre-order myself a woman like this? :pac:

*gets coat*

I met her on Boards :D:D:D

I'm thinking Destruction ALL stars will get the most use as a launch title.... Still time to decide in my own head though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

That's a PS4 title!
    What makes you think it'll work on PS5 at launch? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

marcbrophy wrote: »
    That's a PS4 title!
    What makes you think it'll work on PS5 at launch? :)

It should be backwards compatible no?

We've to wait for the PS5 sparkly version but should still work.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

So much for the 'Global' release

A week’s gap in a global pandemic ain’t too shabby at all considering freight logistics. Console launches in the past have routinely been months apart, so seven days is pretty minor.

Game UK stores saying from 8am tomorrow.

Devs have confirmed it will work on PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah i imagine Cyberpunk should work no problem and it already looks like a next gen game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Wing126 wrote: »
    Devs have confirmed it will work on PS5.

At launch though?

I thought it was coming in a patch after launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

So whats the story then with pre ordering? any chance of having one this side of Christmas to you think?

Yeah i imagine Cyberpunk should work no problem and it already looks like a next gen game :)

But there is a further patch for next gen console that won't be ready at launch

marcbrophy wrote: »
    At launch though?

I thought it was coming in a patch after launch?

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1273963816653651968

The PS5 version with all the graphical enhancements will come after launch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The Smyths social media team presumably scheduling a tweet and waltzing off for a relaxing Wednesday evening is the height of trolling.

https://twitter.com/smythstoysire/status/1306307207110287365?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Might be reaching here but I hope they release back buttons for the new controller, just not a couple years late like the DS4 :pac:

I was pretty set on digital only, but then the 'what if' popped into my head. I think it's disc for me...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement