Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Spider-man MM coming to PS4 also.

Hmmm, I think I might hang on to the PS4 Pro a little while longer.

https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/1306339845070036992?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭BurnUp78

How will argos pre orders work? Online or walk in only?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The ps4 copy will work on ps5 as is at launch. Then a next gen patch will release to upgrade it to a next gen version with extra bells and whistles. I ain't waiting for the patch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    The ps4 copy will work on ps5 as is at launch. Then a next gen patch will release to upgrade it to a next gen version with extra bells and whistles. I ain't waiting for the patch :)

Especially considering they mentioned they might not even get it out for 2021 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Okay, cool!
    Sorry for confusion :D

• Advertisement

The Smyths social media team presumably scheduling a tweet and waltzing off for a relaxing Wednesday evening is the height of trolling.

https://twitter.com/smythstoysire/status/1306307207110287365?s=21

Sums it up :pac: I can imagine the SM person just going "well, my job is done for the night, off to bed" and waking up their phone on fire.

https://twitter.com/LtMenalippe/status/1306339399605551104?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

BurnUp78 wrote: »

Do they do console preorders? I know for games we don't even know their price until release day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

BurnUp78 wrote: »

You'll order it when it goes live on their systems sometime in the early hours of the morning on November 19th, or maybe late at night on November 18th and then go to store and collect it next day.

If staff haven't bought them all!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭DeadWeight

Hope Smyths don't put it up at a bad time..

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

Is Amazon UK actually any cop for pre-ordering here or would it most likely result in out of stock messages or late deliveries (if I'm lucky)?

Will probably go with Smyths, always said Demon's Souls would be the system seller for me, and always looking for another excuse to play DMC5 for the 50th time (hello Vergil!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Smyths took email addresses for those who wanted to register interest.

Would be pretty crappy to open preorders without even communicating it to those who registered. You'd assume that at the least they'd open orders as mails were sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

DeadWeight wrote: »
    Hope Smyths don't put it up at a bad time..

I know plus im up for work at half 5! This is why i wish they had of went the Microsoft route and gave you a date with time to spare considering they even said they would do it ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'd be iffy preordering from gamestop. they've been taking preorders before now. Have they taken all those into account before opening up these new preorders? I know they said they would be converted, but have they already done that?

They better of. I have it pre ordered since whenever they said u could pre order it so going back before the lockdown in March. 100 put down against it. I just looked at my receipt there I put that down against it on the 31st December last year so feck that I must be near the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Greyfox

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Look at the ****ing prices for digital only!

Full price digital is always expensive but sale prices in the PS store do be cheaper than retail sales. Decent showing tonight. The most sensible choice would definitely be to wait until 2021 to get a PS5 and ignore all this pre order malarkey.. but I don't want to be sensible and can't wait to get my hands on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

RoboAmish wrote: »
    Is Amazon UK actually any cop for pre-ordering here or would it most likely result in out of stock messages or late deliveries (if I'm lucky)?

Will probably go with Smyths, always said Demon's Souls would be the system seller for me, and always looking for another excuse to play DMC5 for the 50th time (hello Vergil!)

Amazon probably late more than anything. Any preorder I've made recently has slipped to the Monday.

Horizon Zero dawn 2 also confirmed as coming to PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Overall 499 seems okay.

I can't see myself buying the €€399 digital version. Getting stuck with One bad purchase at €70-80 and you are almost breaking even. Considering the risk around launch titles (looking at you knack) that is pretty high.

I'll get it, probably on launch. I'll wait to see what deals pop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Overall 499 seems okay.

I can't see myself buying the €€399 digital version. Getting stuck with One bad purchase at €70-80 and you are almost breaking even. Considering the risk around launch titles (looking at you knack) that is pretty high.

I'll get it, probably on launch. I'll wait to see what deals pop up.

Deals on launch price?

I'm trying to hang on until midnight to see if Smyths put up the preorder but I'm KNACKered (little console launch humour there...... I'm very sorry)

I'd say probably 8am tomorrow though.

I'm trying to hang on until midnight to see if Smyths put up the preorder but I'm KNACKered (little console launch humour there...... I'm very sorry)

I'd say probably 8am tomorrow though.

Yeah best rest and get up early is the call. Doubt they'll have it live tonight at Smyth's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

No Socom 5 :(

I really want to see a teardown of PS5 at this stage. How hot does it run. How quiet is it etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Preorders already sold out on gsmestop website!

Why no UI reveal????????

Time to start moaning again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

Preorders already sold out on gsmestop website!
    how will instore work will they know how many there getting at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭DeadWeight

The digital edition is tempting but I don't think I'm ready to go all digital just yet only physical copy I have is for red dead redemption and there's all the blu-rays.

rob808 wrote: »
    how will instore work will they know how many there getting at launch.

Yeah they probably knew and had a few spaces left over for online tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

How does preordering on Argos work is it like reserving on there website?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

but I'm KNACKered (little console launch humour there...... I'm very sorry)

giphy.gif

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Think I may wait till next year to get one...

When is the earliest in 2021 do you think you could pick one up?

Im assuming they'll be sold out for a while.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement