Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special Forces ultimate hell week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

I was confused at the end. Thought it was a trick.
    The umpire said he'd be there at the end, so when he wasn't there, I thought it was going to be some form of trick to get them to give away info to "familiar faces" or something.

Guess I was overthinking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Be right back

Lurching wrote: »
    I was confused at the end. Thought it was a trick.
    The umpire said he'd be there at the end, so when he wasn't there, I thought it was going to be some form of trick to get them to give away info to "familiar faces" or something.

Guess I was overthinking it.

I did think they would face him at the end with the 4 d's behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Is he any good at football?

He's a great prospect for Mayo. Just as hardy and tenacious as he is in the show. Good skills too.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Just the final there.... Fair play to the 3 lads that completed it. And no. 7 he got fairly far too.

It just proves all those Conor McGregor wanna bes and protein bottle carries that no matter what ur muscle mass is or how much u can squat...doesn't get u far....u might look tough but without pure raw determination and being strong headed... U don't get too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

Really enjoyed the show.

I’d imagine there’s elements of it but I doubt that’s the actual course the rangers undertake though.

The lads doing the interrogating would of been previous rangers themselves I presume?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Fair play to the three. That crying baby would have done my head in.

Yeah 10 or 15 minutes of that crying baby would have had me running for the hills. I think I would have actually enjoyed the death metal though!
    Great show in fairness, still one of the best in Ireland.

It really is a superb show. Everything from the whole idea of it, the production, the filming with superb drone shots, the backing music, all top notch. One of the best things RTE have produced in several years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Muahahaha wrote: »

It really is a superb show. Everything from the whole idea of it, the production, the filming with superb drone shots, the backing music, all top notch. One of the best things RTE have produced in several years.

Agree 100% far and away my favourite show RTE have ever done . really top notch i loved it . hopefully they keep it going .

Massive respect to all 4 at the end they went through hell to get there and the 3 that finished it in particular. that white noise would melt your brain after a while.

Just gives you an idea what the real Rangers have to go through. you have a whole new level of respect for the army after watching something like that.
    Legends the lot of them :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Yeah 10 or 15 minutes of that crying baby would have had me running for the hills. I think I would have actually enjoyed the death metal though!

It's s good show. I've enjoyed it from the start.
    However
    I wouldn't be giving RTE too much credit here. It's a replica of the Channel 4 show.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Rmgblue

It's s good show. I've enjoyed it from the start.
    However
    I wouldn't be giving RTE too much credit here. It's a replica of the Channel 4 show.

It's based on the C4 show. But it's much better...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭HBC08

Is he any good at football?

He's just broken into the team since January but based on his performances would likely be starting championship (in the unlikely event theres going to be a championship)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Rmgblue wrote: »
    It's based on the C4 show. But it's much better...

Well that's subjective.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 axlmac

Great show. Best on Rte. Gutted for 7. Had him down as a finisher. The man was a machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,093 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Who were the Hunter squad, with weapons of some form - whether real or fake.

Were the actual army personnel?

Who were the Hunter squad, with weapons of some form - whether real or fake.

Were the actual army personnel?

i noticed in the credits at the end it said thanks to the defence forces / reserves / etc and then hobby airsoft so i assume they were airsoft guns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

i noticed in the credits at the end it said thanks to the defence forces / reserves / etc and then hobby airsoft so i assume they were airsoft guns

They’ve been in the credits since day 1

They’ve been in the credits since day 1

oh ok , i hadnt noticed .
    still though that likely means they are used as props . i have handled real firearms and airsoft ones and to be fair, from a distance it would be hard to tell.

oh ok , i hadnt noticed .
    still though that likely means they are used as props . i have handled real firearms and airsoft ones and to be fair, from a distance it would be hard to tell.

I’m only guessing but I wouldn’t imagine any live ammunition was used at any point in the show by anyone be it the Officers or the participants

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

I’m only guessing but I wouldn’t imagine any live ammunition was used at any point in the show by anyone be it the Officers or the participants

Have the Irish defence forces ever handled live ammunition at any point?

It's not something I know much about, but the hunt squad seemed to be carrying automatic rifle style of weapons, and shooting what were presumably blanks.

Are there airsoft weapons in that style?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

It's not something I know much about, but the hunt squad seemed to be carrying automatic rifle style of weapons, and shooting what were presumably blanks.

Are there airsoft weapons in that style?

Yes

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Macdarack wrote: »
    Have the Irish defence forces ever handled live ammunition at any point?

Of course not, are you mental or something?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Well that's subjective.

Season two of Hell Week is miles ahead of the last couple of seasons of SAS:Are You Tough Enough. The C4 version seems a lot tamer compared

Season one of Hell Week was poor though, surprised at how good this season was

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Altreab2

Now that the show is over its a good time to look back at our favorite DS quips :)
    a few of mine were
    Lavender Boy ..... Hello Zola Budd ....Sleeping tablets? do you think you will need f@cking sleeping tablets? .....Shut the Fook up and Stop saying thank you , i'm not that nice... Are you a RAT or a cat? Any others i missed?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Much tougher mentally this season was. Really enjoyed. Goggins is great real touch of the roy keane off him.

rob316 wrote: »
    Much tougher mentally this season was. Really enjoyed. Goggins is great real touch of the roy keane off him.

He’s a real Cork Boi like

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Altreab2 wrote: »
    Now that the show is over its a good time to look back at our favorite DS quips :)
    a few of mine were
    Lavender Boy ..... Hello Zola Budd ....Sleeping tablets? do you think you will need f@cking sleeping tablets? .....Shut the Fook up and Stop saying thank you , i'm not that nice... Are you a RAT or a cat? Any others i missed?
    "It's like dancing with the f##king stars up there" - said during the forward abseil.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Kdylass

'Dope on a rope' - I think also said during the forward abseil

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Altreab2

Like watching fight in a nursing home :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

This mornings An Cosantoir magazine (available in Easons) has a good interview with DS Stafford.

• Advertisement

Advertisement